I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Until he took their weapon from them.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
According to police protocol he was a threat. Change the laws
Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
He was fired for political reasons, every one knows that..
If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
id wait for the investigation to be over first
So he should wait to see if was a taser lol
No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Felony assault on a police officer while resisting arrest, stealing an officer’s taser weapon, pointing it at him at point blank range, & firing it at him, may result in the fatal use of force. Facts matter
The fact is that he broke protocol when he shot a fleeing suspect.
If he wasn’t violent and didn’t shot at the officers then you could be right. I like to good ole day Dirty Harry
He didnt have a gun so why do you keep saying he shot at the cops?
I see a gun in his hands
The cops said they saw a taser. Youre either blind or stupid.

If the cop deserves to be reprimanded in any way, it's for letting a suspect take his taser.

That was 100% the cops' fault. They got into a physical altercation during which, through their sheer incompetence, they escalated the situation so that Brooks then conceivably posed some danger to others. Not only that, they failed to control him and let him escape with that taser. Then, after Brooks had fired the taser, and posed a threat to no one, they shot him dead.

And you still insist that was a "good job". That's what I would have fully expected from rightards - and they rarely disappoint. But you? Boggles the mind.
Thats not what the DA or the police chief said when the soon to be charged ex-cop was fired.
If that were true then he would be a millionaire already. He obviously was fired for breaking protocol.
You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?
It just happened let him find a good lawyer lol
If he was fired without just cause a good lawyer would have already found him.
Let him do some research
He can research all day long. His ass was still fired for breaking protocol and will soon be charged with murder.
For being a hero?
For being a shitty piss poor cop.
His job was to de-escalate and he did
His job was to de-escalate not kill someone.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

They shot a drunk man in the back - twice, killing him. A taser is not a "deadly" weapon and the officer was in no danger of being killed. The police should only use deadly force if their lives are imminently threatened. Not because they're pissed off because some drunk took a swing at them.

According to you, if someone takes a swing at a cop, the cop has the right to kill him. This seems to be the standard for police on the streets today. If a suspect isn't 100% compliant, they're allowed to use deadly force, regardless of the charges, or whether or not they're in danger. Resisting a police officer is a felon. The moment you resist, you're a felon, and cops can shoot you in the back.

Police should not be allowed to kill people because the people behaved badly and pissed them off.

Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

They shot a drunk man in the back - twice, killing him. A taser is not a "deadly" weapon and the officer was in no danger of being killed. The police should only use deadly force if their lives are imminently threatened. Not because they're pissed off because some drunk took a swing at them.

According to you, if someone takes a swing at a cop, the cop has the right to kill him. This seems to be the standard for police on the streets today. If a suspect isn't 100% compliant, they're allowed to use deadly force, regardless of the charges, or whether or not they're in danger. Resisting a police officer is a felon. The moment you resist, you're a felon, and cops can shoot you in the back.

Police should not be allowed to kill people because the people behaved badly and pissed them off.
What if the man ran off and tazed some old lady or kid and killed them? Then the cops get vilified for not putting him down. Easy to play Monday morning QB. I hope the knee pain is a 10/10 today.

And I'm a Democrat.

A taser has the ability to incapacitate a police officer. An incapacitated police officer cannot stop a criminal from taking his side arm.

Now the one resisting arrest has a firearm.

Yes, they must put them down if they're carrying a taser. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

According to you, if someone takes a swing at a cop, the cop has the right to kill him.
Listen to what you're saying.

If a guy takes a swing at a cop, trying to knock the cop out so he can take the cops gun, the cop does not have the right to use deadly force to prevent such action.

You know have no idea what you're talking about.

So he should wait to see if was a taser lol
No he knew it was a taser. He even was caught on video saying that.
Felony assault on a police officer while resisting arrest, stealing an officer’s taser weapon, pointing it at him at point blank range, & firing it at him, may result in the fatal use of force. Facts matter
The fact is that he broke protocol when he shot a fleeing suspect.
If he wasn’t violent and didn’t shot at the officers then you could be right. I like to good ole day Dirty Harry
He didnt have a gun so why do you keep saying he shot at the cops?
I see a gun in his hands
The cops said they saw a taser. Youre either blind or stupid.
Well don’t shot it at the cops

You said you know it was political so if it was you wouldnt have to wait. Are you stupid enough to think theyre stupid enough to fire him without an ironclad reason?
Let him do some research
He can research all day long. His ass was still fired for breaking protocol and will soon be charged with murder.
For being a hero?
Looks like the crazy guy would have took a hostage

As a cop you cant have a heat of the moment. Peoples lives are on the line. One of the reasons I never became a cop.
Yes, and as a dude getting arrested, you cannot start fighting with the cops and expect to live.

There is no professional standard for dudes getting arrested to meet. This is where you logic falls downs and breaks a hip.

Let him do some research
For being a hero?
Looks like the crazy guy would have took a hostage
You cant take a hostage while youre running.

As a cop you cant have a heat of the moment. Peoples lives are on the line. One of the reasons I never became a cop.
Yes, and as a dude getting arrested, you cannot start fighting with the cops and expect to live.

DUMBEST POST EVER!!!! NO ONE CAN KILL A PERSON JUST BECAUSE THEY STARTED TO FIGHT WITH THEM. RESISTING ARREST IS NOT A CAPITAL OFFENSE.

There is no professional standard for dudes getting arrested to meet. This is where you logic falls downs and breaks a hip.
So your logic is resisting arrest is not a dangerous thing? Doing so it's not a serious risk to the life of the police officer?

Who is logic is falling in the shitter?

So your logic is resisting arrest is not a dangerous thing? Doing so it's not a serious risk to the life of the police officer?

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder. You do realize those months spent in training isnt just target practice right?

DUMBEST POST EVER!!!! NO ONE CAN KILL A PERSON JUST BECAUSE THEY STARTED TO FIGHT WITH THEM. RESISTING ARREST IS NOT A CAPITAL OFFENSE.
Creating a situation where the police officers life is in danger particularly the part where the officer is incapacitated and the criminal can grab his gun, is life-threatening, JUSTIFYING DEADLY FORCE!!!!!

You are all full of shit if you think there is no danger to a police officer when someone resist arrest like that.

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder.
Tell me, which situation would be cause for use of deadly force?

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder. You do realize those months spent in training isnt just target practice right?

Only one way to test your theory, next time you get pulled over just be your typical asshole self. Let us know how that works out for ya...dumbass.

Thats correct. Resisting arrest is not a life threatening thing unless you are dealing with unprofessional cops that should be fired and charged with murder.
Tell me, which situation would be cause for use of deadly force?

If he pulled a fire arm on them, if he attacked them with a knife, if he hopped into a car and drove towards them, if he attacked another person with the intent to kill.

Forum List

Back