I was changing my guitar strings

aVtjJs4.jpg

Best tuner I have ever had. You can tune the guitar any way you want.

61LzL3HAlnL._SY450_.jpg

About 12 dollars.
Agreed.
I'm a banjo man.

They say the best way to be sure your banjo is in tune, is to listen to the sound it makes as it hits the accordian in the dumpster

Did Roy Clark say that? I'm guessing not.

Just kidding! some of my best friends play banjos ;)
fnfu1.jpg

Best tuner I have ever had. You can tune the guitar any way you want.

61LzL3HAlnL._SY450_.jpg

About 12 dollars.
Agreed.
I'm a banjo man.

They say the best way to be sure your banjo is in tune, is to listen to the sound it makes as it hits the accordian in the dumpster

Did Roy Clark say that? I'm guessing not.

Just kidding! some of my best friends play banjos ;)
fnfu1.jpg

You been hacking my facebook again?

Funny story, my friend just told me about how when his mom used to go to butcher a chicken, and it'd have 15-20 BBs in it. Apparently his cousins would come over and shoot their chickens with a BB gun. BBs would be lodged just under the skin.

I pulled one of those out of a chicken once when I was a kid. Man that chicken could sing, I sure was sorry mom cooked that one,

Does my guitar have all the strings on it?

Ofc no. The E string is busted. :(

4 bends and the b and g would be too. I guess I need a string pack..or two.

The Fender still has the 1979 strings, though. Yeah, I'm not into finger pain and don't like playing it.
Two things you can do. Extra light strings and tune down a half note. Much easier on the fingers.

I'd put D'Addario 8-guage electric on that thing. I don't give a fuck.

Okay, in reality I know how to do this..you gotta mix acoustic and electric strings. The wound strings= Lightest acoustic bronze and plain strings=medium electric. (9 gauge)

Last edited:
And I cut the D string too short because I screwed up and mistakenly measured it to the E string peg! Dammit! I don't have anymore strings and I don't want to use the old one. So I thought, what the hell? Look!

View attachment 192066

Mike...your GBE strings are strung backwards....they should be wound to the inside of the pegs. :eusa_doh:

Nice knot though......I got an Indonesian Fender acoustic CD60CE with a Fishman pickup....picked it up on Amazon for $300 with a nice case. Getting back into it after a 30 year layoff....learning lead licks off YouTube videos. I'm using Elixir 12/53s after snapping a set of Ernie Ball slinky junk.
I knew they were backwards, and I just left them. You might want to try some thinner strings, be a lot easier to bend and easier on your fangers!

With strings like that, nobody is bending a thing. My money says they're flatwound and he's a slider player. PS: You better hope that neck is strong.

My friend's granpa has an old Gibson that he plays in that style. He's a helluva dude.
Let's get him to tune it to open E and see if the neck pops! ;)

His guitar is from the 60s and worth about 10K.

Oh! It looks kinda like a Kay, too..white-ish..not this yellow.

iu

It's about like this, but it's a Gibson: (still a little whiter)

iu

I won "free" accordion lessons at a carnival when I was about 7 years old. Could barely hoist the damn thing up enough to get the straps on. Didn't fall for the pitch...hate the sound they make... Get stuck in Phoenix traffic next to a beaner with that shit blaring.....reply with shit-kicker country music and let them wince too.

I won "free" accordion lessons at a carnival when I was about 7 years old. Could barely hoist the damn thing up enough to get the straps on. Didn't fall for the pitch...hate the sound they make... Get stuck in Phoenix traffic next to a beaner with that shit blaring.....reply with shit-kicker country music and let them wince too.
Just plug in your Johnny Rodriquez CD and give them a good dose of "Riding my thumb to Mexico!"

Forum List

Back