“I know Americans who live for varying lengths of time in France and they find things perfectly tole

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Lord Lawson was speaking to the Connexion, a newspaper for the English-speaking community in France, which asked him if he was concerned about the impact of EU immigration controls. European officials have warned that Britain’s new blue passports could lead to travel delays and extra paperwork rather than the enhanced freedom promised by the government.

He replied: “I’m not particularly familiar with it, but as I live in France I’m not concerned. There may be a few bureaucratic hoops to be gone through, which are tiresome, but I don’t think it’s a serious problem.

“I know Americans who live for varying lengths of time in France and they find things perfectly tolervable.”

Anger as Brexiter Nigel Lawson applies for French residency

“I know Americans who live for varying lengths of time in France and they find things perfectly tolervable.”

I know French who have lived their entire lives in France and they find the current situation completely intolerable.

Forum List

Back