I just learned that my neighbor is more than a cashier

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
Having spent several months trying to understand how my neighbor could afford living next to me, we just a long chat that explained everything.
I just learned that she works for the government while holding a side job at a local grocery store.! lol

She told me last week that she was instructed to work from home. I had no idea that her primary job was with the government and her cashier job was for extra money.

Having spent several months trying to understand how my neighbor could afford living next to me, we just a long chat that explained everything.
I just learned that she works for the government while holding a side job at a local grocery store.! lol
Is she a secret agent? Well, of course, she wouldn't or couldn't tell you if she were!

And she’s probably going to collect $1200 from Uncle Santa Claus

Is she a secret agent? Well, of course, she wouldn't or couldn't tell you if she were!
I honestly don't know.. I had no idea!

We talked for the first time via phone today. It's how I learned she has a job outside of the grocery store I thought she worked at.
I had no idea about the grocery store gig being a second job for her.

I bet she's part of the Deep State.

We talked for the first time via phone today. It's how I learned she has a job outside of the grocery store I thought she worked at.

You seem pretty excited about this neighbor, my sense tells me there's more to this story? .. springtime twitterpation perhaps.. :heehee:

Last edited:
Government jobs and retirement benefits are the greatest financial ripoff in U.S. history. Most would be considered part-time jobs in private industry, especially administrators, teachers and firefighters.
Police, on the other hand, generally work 50 hours per week but get paid (overtime) for 60 hours. Most retire with multi-million dollar annuities.

Government jobs and retirement benefits are the greatest financial ripoff in U.S. history. Most would be considered part-time jobs in private industry, especially administrators, teachers and firefighters.
Police, on the other hand, generally work 50 hours per week but get paid (overtime) for 60 hours. All retire with multi-million dollar annuities.

Totally f-ing ignorant of reality!

My son-in-law is a US government firefighter and made less money than I did as a teacher, while risking his life daily.

How does one work 50 hours and get paid for 60? You just made that up because it sounded good in your head.

Ask these teachers how they like working from home. Better yet, many parents are discovering their offspring are the assholes the teachers told them about.

Multi-million? Let me give you a clue. Not even close! I worked 10 years and got $400 a month. Why? Incredibly crappy pay that the retirement is based upon. Now explain how that could possibly be "multi-million".

If she's working two jobs, she probably needs it.

Thats not my problem

how about the guy who has 2 ex-wives, alimony, child support and car payments on a BMW?

he “needs” the money too

Thats not my problem

how about the guy who has 2 ex-wives, alimony, child support and car payments on a BMW?

he “needs” the money too

Just a comment. I checked out the top 50 hobbies, and working cashier wasn't among them.

The guy you like can let his BMW go. Screw him.

Police, on the other hand, generally work 50 hours per week but get paid (overtime) for 60 hours. All retire with multi-million dollar annuities.

My son-in-law is a US government firefighter and made less money
than I did as a teacher, while risking his life daily.

How does one work 50 hours and get paid for 60? You just made that up because it sounded good in your head.

Ask these teachers how they like working from home. Better yet, many parents are discovering their offspring are the assholes the teachers told them about.

Multi-million? Let me give you a clue. Not even close! I worked 10 years and got $400 a month. Why? Incredibly crappy pay that the retirement is based upon. Now explain how that could possibly be "multi-million".

1. Is your son working in a regular full-time position? What is his annual salary? What was your annual salary as a teacher?

2. Have you ever heard of "overtime" pay?

2. What does working from home have to do with teachers' pay and benefits?

3. You claim that your salary was higher than your son's, yet it was still "incredibly [sic] crappy pay." How much lifetime retirement do you think you deserve for only 10 years of work?

4. At the current annual interest rate of 1%, you would need $480,000 in the bank to generate $400 per month of retirement income. Most government retirees receive many times that amount. Do the math.

In California, police and firefighters can retire after 30 years at 90% of their final pay (including "mandatory" overtime pay). This often exceeds what their "regular" rate of pay was!

In what state (of mind) do you live?

My son-in-law is a US government firefighter and made less money
than I did as a teacher, while risking his life daily.

1. Is your son working in a regular full-time position? What is his annual salary? What was your annual salary as a teacher?

2. Have you ever heard of "overtime" pay?

2. What does working from home have to do with teachers' pay and benefits?

3. You claim that your salary was higher than your son's, yet it was still "incredibly [sic] crappy pay." How much lifetime retirement do you think you deserve for only 10 years of work?

4. At the current annual interest rate of 1%, you would need $480,000 in the bank to generate $400 per month of retirement income. Most government retirees receive many times that amount. Do the math.

In California, police and firefighters can retire after 30 years at 90% of their final pay (including "mandatory" overtime pay). This often exceeds what their "regular" rate of pay was!

In what state (of mind) do you live?

1. Full time. He made about $45K, while I made about $48K.
Also, what overtime?

2. Many teachers were working from home and then expected to have to work an extended school year at no pay.

3. That is not the state or federal government's money. It was taken out of my paycheck, against my will. Most of these "great retirements" are the people's money in the first place!

My retirement is from Florida. The pay was so horrible there, I left a full-year position to work 10 months as teacher there and lost less then $300.00 and all that stress that comes with being an administrator when I took a teaching position with the DoD. That position was eliminated and never restored, along with two entire schools worth of teachers as they transferred the only combat unit to Kansas.

You seem pretty excited about this neighbor, my sense tells me there's more to this story? .. springtime twitterpation perhaps.. :heehee:
Not a chance. The GF is more attractive and has a great career.

Your Amazon order of binoculars, rope ladder, and hand lotion should arrive soon.

Not a chance. The GF is more attractive and has a great career.

:beer: .. well .. I was only foolin and Great!

My son-in-law is a US government firefighter and made less money than I did as a teacher, while risking his life daily.

My favorite "Quarantine Fantasy" is the swell of homeschooling that's going to happen after this is all over. All over my Facebook feed are parents locking themselves in their cars (true story) and day drinking cause their kids are driving them crazy.

Some will choose homeschooling.

The majority, trust me, will not.

Wow! I think she's a CIA agent (or NSA agent who knows!) :omg::)

Forum List

Back