I hope y'all are happy....

dilloduck said:
Due process will have been assured (at least by the courts) and then she will eventuallly die. Are you condemning the parents for using the courts to do what they think is best for their daughter?

The 12 judge panel on the 11th Ciruit in Atlanta declined to hear the case. The only, and last, stop for this tragedy is the SCOTUS, and they've declined to hear the case twice already. The chances that they'll hear it this time are slim.

Bullypulpit said:
The 12 judge panel on the 11th Ciruit in Atlanta declined to hear the case. The only, and last, stop for this tragedy is the SCOTUS, and they've declined to hear the case twice already. The chances that they'll hear it this time are slim.

Yes. Justice is deaf. It appears our nation's judiciary is in a persistent vegetative state.

Bullypulpit said:

I would agree if they had not rejected it before because of jurisdictional issues that are no longer present. They will probably hear it, but decide against reinserting the tube.

Gabriel Keys (foreground) is arrested by police officers for trespassing in Pinellas Park, Florida, March 23, 2005. The young protester attempted to take a glass of water into the Woodside Hospice for the brain-damaged Terri Schiavo. A federal judge rejected a request from the parents of Schiavo to order her feeding tube reinserted, dealing a blow to attempts by the U.S. Congress and the White House to prolong her life. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

He's about 12 years old........
Picture of him on on link.......Yes once more justice prevails for Terri!!!!!!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050323/ids_photos_ts/r4209066064.jpg

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. Justice is deaf. It appears our nation's judiciary is in a persistent vegetative state.

OMG where have the conservatives gone? Why are we selling our souls for this case? Unbelievable that so called conservatives are clamoring for the federal court......its simply astounding!

We will pay in 2006

OCA said:
Bonnie, we are not the party of law breaking and civil unrest. Lets be the part of law, and the law is clear in this case.

Yes Im fully aware of that OCA, my point was to illustrate how ridiculous it is to handcuff an 12 year old boy carrying water for a dying person. Seriously handcuffs??? A slap on the wrists should have sufficed.

Mr. P said:
Think about it like this Bonnie...A terrorist bomber...yep that's right, cept this is social terrorism..They launched an 80 something year old woman today too...she was also arrested I think...These terrorist won't stop till we smash em..

I'm not following your point??

Bonnie said:
Yes Im fully aware of that OCA, my point was to illustrate how ridiculous it is to handcuff an 12 year old boy carrying water for a dying person. Seriously handcuffs??? A slap on the wrists should have sufficed.

Yes it would have, but then what should the punishment be for the religious zealots who are using the boy as their gopher, their errand boy so to speak?

OCA said:
Bonnie, we are not the party of law breaking and civil unrest. Lets be the part of law, and the law is clear in this case.

"...when a government becomes destuctive of these ends, it becomes the right of the people to alter or abolish it..".

This is lunacy! My party has gone insane!

Think about it this way, we don't want a judge overturning the will of the people concerning gay marriage but we are willing to call in a judge to overturn the will of an individual, an individual who has been through the court system many times, has followed the process.....has done no wrong(despite what the media will have you believe). I believe we are calling in a judge to overturn Terry's will.

Absolutely pathetic.

OCA said:
OMG where have the conservatives gone? Why are we selling our souls for this case? Unbelievable that so called conservatives are clamoring for the federal court......its simply astounding!

We will pay in 2006

But the federal government is not, by definition, the enemy. It is in the flawed, agenda-driven fantasies about the Constitution, allowing the federal government to insinuate itself into matters that are none of its business, that the devil lies.

This is one of the rare cases where federal intervention was proper. Doubts exist. Judges aren't gods. The stakes are innocent life and death.

I respectfully disagree with you here, OCA. Conservatism is in no danger - the Constitution is being upheld - and no stone is being left unturned in the effort to err on the side of life.

musicman said:
But the federal government is not, by definition, the enemy. It is in the flawed, agenda-driven fantasies about the Constitution, allowing the federal government to insinuate itself into matters that are none of its business, that the devil lies.

This is one of the rare cases where federal intervention was proper. Doubts exist. Judges aren't gods. The stakes are innocent life and death.

I respectfully disagree with you here, OCA. Conservatism is in no danger - the Constitution is being upheld - and no stone is being left unturned in the effort to err on the side of life.

Music, and I too respectfully disagree. This was a power grab, the courts, my god the case was twice looked at by SCOTUS and thrown out, have examined it every way from Sunday, what do we think is going to change?

I'm telling you, we sold our soul on this one.

OCA said:
Music, tell me where it is being destructive?

I'm just pointing out that law-breaking and civil unrest are not necessarily bad things. Sometimes, the law is unjust; The Boston Tea Party flew right into the law's face.

musicman said:
I'm just pointing out that law-breaking and civil unrest are not necessarily bad things. Sometimes, the law is unjust; The Boston Tea Party flew right into the law's face.

Well in this case it is. What the hell a friggin glass of water ain't gonna do shit anyway.

I'll go on record also as saying that I think just removing the feeding tube is wrong, they should at least make this quick and as painless as possible, hell even dogs get euthanized quickly. This removing the tube and making it nice and slow sort of sickens me.

OCA said:
Yes it would have, but then what should the punishment be for the religious zealots who are using the boy as their gopher, their errand boy so to speak?

Well for the adults who are doing that, procedure should be followed.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050323/ap_on_re_us/brain_damaged_woman_72

the political involvement is despicable, disgusting and disgraceful.

these people don't give half a sh*t about terri, only the PERCEPTION of actually FAKE good deed they are trying to pull off.

the right thing to do is let the poor lady pass on. instead, these SCUMBAGS are trying to make an example of her situation. i say he should adopt ALL the floridians without health insurance!

they should fly terri to texas and let the money run out under W's 1999 law.

the hypocrisy is incredibly undeniable.

one thing is for sure, this keeps foreign relations stories out of the news!

OCA said:
Music, and I too respectfully disagree. This was a power grab, the courts, my god the case was twice looked at by SCOTUS and thrown out, have examined it every way from Sunday, what do we think is going to change?

I'm telling you, we sold our soul on this one.

I honestly don't see it that way. It's just an example of exhausting every legal avenue available in a case that, after all, involves innocent life and death. Plausible doubts exist, judges are human, and doctors differ (the doctor who was interviewed by Hannity, incidentally, is not being paid. He was nominated for a Nobel Prize in 1999 for his work with patients like Terri, and says that we send children to school every day who are in worse shape than she is. Do we ignore him out of hand, because one judge is perhaps getting pissed off about his decision being questioned? Judges aren't gods.).

Forum List

Back