I Have a single, one mouse Problem, and Need Help!

Could it be a chipmunk? She loves bringing those in too!

In the same bathroom, about 6 months ago, I went to go number 1, and luckily I looked before sitting down, there was a 3 inch or so baby chipmunk, that looked like a nearly drowned rat, in the toilet....

My neighbors a quarter mile away, surely heard my scream.... if I had that scream recorded, I could be a multi millionaire from all the movie companies for fright movies would be paying me and using it, for all eternity!!!! :lol:

Then I went in to rescue mode... put rubber gloves for an acid wash on, grabbed a handtowel, and got Mr chipmunk out, released him in to the wild.
My cat used to kill them even though I told him not to.

Could it be a chipmunk? She loves bringing those in too!
Has she been pregnant recently?

Sometimes cats can act strange when they are in mama cat mode. I had this one cat who adopted/kidnapped a racoon after she had a miscarriage.

It's a hormone thing. It makes them crazy.

the cat BROUGHT the mouse inside, it was not pregnant,

Did you give the mouse an EPT test? :auiqs.jpg:

And WTF is up with your cat? It's supposed to KILL the mouse...not make it into its own personal pet. Have you explained this to your cat? I never met a pet who had its own pet.

My cat used to kill them even though I told him not to.
We had a cat that brought in a bunch of little garden snakes into the kitchen one at a time, like 4 or 5 of them ...will never forget the look of horror on my mom's face screaming and trying to sweep them out the back door.
And more recently , my own family had an akita that used to bring turtles home ( they do it as a gift to you ) and howl at the coyotes and wolves.

the cat BROUGHT the mouse inside, it was not pregnant,

Did you give the mouse an EPT test? :auiqs.jpg:

And WTF is up with your cat? It's supposed to KILL the mouse...not make it into its own personal pet. Have you explained this to your cat? I never met a pet who had its own pet.

:rofl::rofl:

Someone suggested earlier that the cat, needs a psychiatrist!!!!

She used to be a killer!! She used to catch snow shoe hares, rabbits, then bite their heads off, eat some, and bury them.... to go back to later.... I loved my bunny rabbits, she wiped out at least 12 of them, sometimes 3 or4 at a time!!!! Just awful awful awful... She finally got the message that mommy and daddy did not like it.

She used to be a killer!! She used to catch snow shoe hares, rabbits, then bite their heads off, eat some, and bury them.... to go back to later.... I loved my bunny rabbits, she wiped out at least 12 of them, sometimes 3 or4 at a time!!!! Just awful awful awful... She finally got the message that mommy and daddy did not like it.
That's what happens if cats eat blue-tailed lizards - they
go cross-eyed and start walking into things, acting paranoid....pretty much half retarded for life.

She's brought rabbits and chipmunk, baby moles, mice, and snakes In to the house.... she's about 8 years old now, and has wined down quite a bit too....

go cross-eyed and start walking into things, acting paranoid....pretty much half retarded for life.
No lizzards here, but when we move to Florida, that's gonna be a problem!

I'd be more concerned for snakes and reptiles in that case, but something to keep in mind...tree frogs, toads, lizards all excrete some kind of poisons stronger than others. But if you're going to south Florida snakes and gators rule down there.

Last edited:

I'd be more concerned for snakes and reptiles in that case, but something to keep in mind...tree frogs, toads, lizards all excrete some kind of poisons stronger than others. But if you're going to south Florida snakes and gators rule down there.
North of Tampa, horse country, west of Ocala.... never seen a gator there, but they are up there, even if I have not seen one....

My parents cat was taken out by coyote 4 weeks ago.... we think she will have to become an indoor cat.

There are no poisonous snakes in Maine, thank goodness!

Last edited:
In Paradise, my cat would bring me all sorts of critters. LOTS of lizards..some still alive with their tails chewed off, some dead. I set the live ones free. Birds, some alive, some played with roughly. A flying squrrel once. That one was just adorable. Not hurt, and I set it free too. Mice? Please kill them, Kitty. But don't bring them home. Cats bring prezzies back to the house to play with...then to leave as food offerings for us. They think us lousy hunters. :)

If you want paradise without snakes, the only place I know of is Hawaii.:113:
Not counting the ones at the zoo and sea snakes of course.
1200px-Kihei_coast.jpg

Me at Waikiki Beach 12 years ago.
31218_103098049736765_6101851_n.jpg

Last edited:
In Paradise, my cat would bring me all sorts of critters. LOTS of lizards..some still alive with their tails chewed off, some dead. I set the live ones free. Birds, some alive, some played with roughly. A flying squrrel once. That one was just adorable. Not hurt, and I set it free too. Mice? Please kill them, Kitty. But don't bring them home. Cats bring prezzies back to the house to play with...then to leave as food offerings for us. They think us lousy hunters. :)

I still remember the time our cat brought a not quite dead blue jay into the house.

I think mice are cute. A lot of animals can carry diseases. I don't think you would have to worry about diseases unless they bit you or if you ate food that had their feces or urine in it.

I still remember the time our cat brought a not quite dead blue jay into the house.

Gave you the bird, huh?

Forum List

Back