I don't think Secessionists know what seceding is...

Leviticus

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2021
Far righters always threaten to secede. But if you actually talk to them, they tend to not understand what that means.

I was talking to a trucker from Texas who said after Texas secedes they will be better off, and when I pointed out that if they secede he'll have to get a visa tokeep working as a trucker. He said that he wouldnt need one cause he's an American. He was dumbfounded when I pointed out that if Texas secedes and he claims Texas citizenship, he forfeits his US citizenship, and would legally need a visa to work in the US .

I've met a few like this eho think they will retain the rights of US citizenship if their states secede.

I don't think Secessionists know what seceding is...​

planting-seeds.jpg

Far righters always threaten to secede. But if you actually talk to them, they tend to not understand what that means.

I was talking to a trucker from Texas who said after Texas secedes they will be better off, and when I pointed out that if they secede he'll have to get a visa tokeep working as a trucker. He said that he wouldnt need one cause he's an American. He was dumbfounded when I pointed out that if Texas secedes and he claims Texas citizenship, he forfeits his US citizenship, and would legally need a visa to work in the US .

I've met a few like this eho think they will retain the rights of US citizenship if their states secede.
Semantics!

There is almost no positives to secession and almost all of the negatives are game changers. You touched on one; having to have a visa to go gambling in Louisiana (as millions of Texicans do every year) for one thing. The most comical ideas I've heard on the topic is that some secessionists really think that people will just up and move if their state leaves the union. Like someone is going to sell their house, uproot their family and set off for another place. It's insanity. Unless you're talking about DC, you have a good 20-40% of the state that voted for the other guy in the election (sometimes like 49% voted for the other guy)....do you really think half the state is going to relocate? Uh..no. You'll have people undermining the new government from the get-go. To make it even more comical... well I'll leave it at that.

They "want" an authoritarian strongman to run their country, too.

They know what they "want", but they don't understand what they're asking for.

Arrogant ignorance.

Last edited:

Go ahead and let them secede, there won't be any more federal dollars that they depend on.

Red states are a drain on the federal dollars.

Last edited:

How many of these imaginary friends do you have and do you see more of them when you're off your meds?

Biden's America is a third world banana republic, they only produce more debt and spend their days harassing their political enemies
You find acquiring debt a problem? Tell me was it a problem when it jumped about 8 trillion under Trump? Remind me what his party affiliation is?

As for the left harassing the right. I know it is hard to understand that the government takes serious and wants to mitigate the damage of something that has killed almost a million Americans but that's kind of their job.

You find acquiring debt a problem? Tell me was it a problem when it jumped about 8 trillion under Trump? Remind me what his party affiliation is?

As for the left harassing the right. I know it is hard to understand that the government takes serious and wants to mitigate the damage of something that has killed almost a million Americans but that's kind of their job.
What are their names?

Spending is the problem. The President lost his ability to have meaningful input in the process when democrats passed the Budget Impoundment Act

Forum List

Back