I dont think any GOP 2016 candidate is going to gain a notable primary lead. What's going to happen?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
I don't believe for a second that any of the announced, or eventual 2016 GOP presidential candidates will gain a considerable enough lead in the primary to push other candidates out of the race. Candidates will drop out due to funding and other issues, narrowing the race down to 4-ish people, but not for a second do I think Jeb, or Trump, or Rand, or Rubio will gain a considerable enough lead in the primary to become the inevitable nominee everyone bows out for.

Do you agree or disagree? Jeb is just utterly boring and unappealing. There is nothing to him. He can't and won't knock out all his competition. Rand and the others are too good at exciting just enough people to stop Jeb from being a clear and dominant establishment front-runner.

I don't believe for a second that any of the announced, or eventual 2016 GOP presidential candidates will gain a considerable enough lead in the primary to push other candidates out of the race. Candidates will drop out due to funding and other issues, narrowing the race down to 4-ish people, but not for a second do I think Jeb, or Trump, or Rand, or Rubio will gain a considerable enough lead in the primary to become the inevitable nominee everyone bows out for.

Do you agree or disagree? Jeb is just utterly boring and unappealing. There is nothing to him. He can't and won't knock out all his competition. Rand and the others are too good at exciting just enough people to stop Jeb from being a clear and dominant establishment front-runner.

That scenario would be plausible except for the behind the scenes manipulation.

For starters you need a good ground game to turn out your supporters in each primary. That takes a lot of organization and money. Neophytes like Rand, Rubio and Trump are going to all lose when the Bush machine is way ahead of them in the upcoming states.

The GOP Establishment will also be buying off candidates with promises of cushy positions in the administration.

So once again you will end up with the GOP Establishment choosing who they want on the ticket.

If you are lucky you will get Paul or Rubio in the runner up slot depending on how well they can get out the vote.

Money and nothing else will determine who's in it for the long haul. As money runs out, they will start dropping like flies and unfortunately polls will determine where the money goes.

Forum List

Back