CDZ I do not understand the fascination with and demand for semi-automatic rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed - because they harm others, or plance them in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger -- because of this, these things can be regulated w/o running afoul of the 1st Amendment.

How does my ownership/possession of AR15 harm someone?
How does nor ownership/possession place someone in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger?
They don't?
Then, using the right to free speech as a guide, as you suggest, on what basis can my ownership/possession of an AR15 be regulated?
The right's enshrined in the First Amendment are subject to Constitutional restrictions other than imminent lawlessness or violence, such as time, place, and manner restrictions.

The 2nd was written specifically to preserve the means of the people to do away with an illegit government, thus military arms are the only ones truly protected, and that was the SCOTUS ruling in US v Miller in the NFA of 1934 ruling.
Wrong.

The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm, unconnected with militia service, pursuant to lawful self-defense, having nothing to do with 'opposing tyranny.'

The right's enshrined in the First Amendment are subject to Constitutional restrictions other than imminent lawlessness or violence, such as time, place, and manner restrictions.
The person I responded to brought up a specific set of circumstances, my response to which you apparently find sound.

But, to address you attempt to divert the conversation away from your agreement:
Time place and manner restrictions come into play whe the exercise of free speech involved public property in such a manner that the state has a compelling interest in the safety of all involved.
As such, these restrictions can have no relationship to the simple ownership and possession of a firearm.

Wrong.

The Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm, unconnected with militia service, pursuant to lawful self-defense, having nothing to do with 'opposing tyranny.'

Wrong. The relevent wording of "FREE STATE" proves you wrong.

What about it?
Yes, I can see that you are confused. I'll quote your own words to make it easier for you. Your "natural rights" ... "endowed by our creator, not by humans writing them down on paper". The bible was "written down on paper" ... "by humans". Possibly on papyrus but it's the same thing.

Yes, I can see that you are confused. I'll quote your own words to make it easier for you. Your "natural rights" ... "endowed by our creator, not by humans writing them down on paper". The bible was "written down on paper" ... "by humans". Possibly on papyrus but it's the same thing.
The Bible is the word of God.

And this "word" you claim to believe in .... did you hear god say that "word" or did you read it in a book? When you open the bible does god's voice pop out of the pages or is it written? :auiqs.jpg:
Oh, your plan, now, is to ridicule my faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back