I disagree with the IOC on this one:

Should the IOC reverse their decision on not holding any medal ceremonies if Kamila Valieve Medals?

• Yes, because it hurt the other medalists and she is a protective person.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No, punish her and Russia for cheating.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Mac put the Cucumber down and said turnip instead…

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • None of you knew there was Figure Skating in the Olympics…

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
I understand and it is the Russian Coaching Staff that should be punished for this but what the IOC is doing is just not punishing Russia but all medalists in the event, and for me that is wrong.

They can still honor the other groups while telling Russia they are not allow to stand for the Ceremony.
Lol, how you going to punish the coaching staff other than disqualify the athlete. Rules are rules. That's life play by the rules or risk being disqualified. At 15 I was sneaking liquor out of mom and dad's cabinet. Knew what I was doing. Ya chest ya get caught disqualified.

serena-8.jpg
sharapova6.jpg

When you hate Negroes, you're a racist.
When you hate Jews, you are an anti-semite.
When you hate Russians, you are a progressive and democratic person.
I hate Canadians

They sneak down here and drink our beer and steal our wimmin

Update:

The IOC is clearly punishing everyone and not just Russia and the solution is simple and that is do not allow Russia to partake in the ceremonies and leave their spot open while allowing the other winners get their moment of glory.

Also the investigation is still ongoing and could be months before we know the ruling if Russia get to keep the gold medal or not, so the only verdict I know of is the protective ruling that allowed the Russian to Skate but it did not clear her of any doping charges as of yet nor has it convicted her of any either.

People, many of you convict someone before all the information has been presented and many of you go off sound bites and what spin doctors tell you what to believe so here it is:

1. The Russian Skater was declared protected which mean she could skate.

2. The investigation is still ongoing which mean she and Russia could still be disqualified and lose any medals they obtain in the event.

3. The IOC could handle this better but they are not because behind the scenes politics as usual!

Oh, yes! Valieva is a real criminal! ...
Hypocritical liars.
FLnOtcmXsAYQE6D
It has been proven via a test the Russian Skater failed a drug test but what the ruling body stated she could compete because she is under what they call a protective status, but the investigation is still ongoing and she could lose all medals and also be banned from skating along with Russia being dealt with heavy sanctions once again.

As for your attack on the U.S. Gymnastics team, well provide where they have tested positive and let go from there!

“Doping” wouldn’t help a figure skater where concentration is important, hence the psychological campaign against the 15-yo Valieva. This campaign included hostile journalists. Quite different from the hagiographic treatment of the tearful Simone Biles, who went helpless without her banned drugs.
The fake doping scandal propaganda campaign is being carried out simultaneous to the “Ukraine invasion” media campaign to ensure that the domestic western audience—the intended recipient—is covered as broadly as possible.
FLnpHrBVcAMntVg

Nothing gives away a neophyte among fans in figure skating like the phrase "Look, she's only 15, and she's already jumping a quad!"
I already wrote about this a few years ago, but the situation repeats itself again and again. Let me remind those who are far from all this - figure skaters have a special moment in their development, what is called sweet spot in the English-speaking world. This is the age when their physical conditions already allow them to push off well, but puberty has not yet come, and the body still remains childish - light and compact. The effect is stronger if the girl is small.

Most girls' bodies begin to change at the age of 13-15 - they gain weight, their forms change, a hormonal shift occurs, which affects psychology, among other things. For many skaters, their careers end there, they never move into adult sports. But it happens that puberty comes later - during this period, 15-16, less often 17 years, they, as figure skaters, reach the peak of their form. At this point, if they are well prepared, they can jump and three quad jumps per performance. Then, of course, nature will take its course, and at 18 this same girl will not be able to jump fours at all. That is, this achievement is temporary.

Eteri Tutberidze, of course, is an outstanding coach, but still the essence of her approach is to find girls like this, train them as much as possible for a specific age, and then, when the figure begins to change, throw them in the trash. In the language of figure skating, it sounds like "moved to another coach." And what else can they do if they don't know how to do anything else and at the age of 18 they remain on the sidelines?
The first in this row was Yulia Lipnitskaya. Yes, how lucky - the peak of her form came at the Olympic Games in Sochi, where she became a champion in team competitions. Lipnitskaya was 15 at the time, and the domestic media were just going crazy in search of epithets that could express their delight. The most commonly used was "genius" in all sorts of variations.
Now Yulia is 23 and not even everyone remembers her anymore.
Do you know what happened to her after the Olympics? If not, I'll tell you. Lipnitskaya began puberty, she gained weight, the proportions changed. Against this background, a conflict developed with Tutberidze, and she left Urmanov. But she could no longer reach her former form. This led to a nervous breakdown, depression and an attempt to lose weight at all costs. As a consequence - anorexia, from which she was treated for three months in a clinic in Europe. After that, she decided to end her career. At that time she was 19 years old.
After Lipnitskaya there was Medvedeva, then Zagitova. Both were also ranked as "geniuses", both have also completed their careers. Zagitova, if anything, is now 19 years old. Then it was the turn of the "brilliant" Trusova and Shcherbakova. At the age of 17, they continue to perform, but the status of the main genius has already passed to Valieva. However, not for long - in six months Sofia Akatieva will turn 14, she will be allowed (apparently) to the Russian Championship and this fairy tale will begin anew.

As you can see, the "geniuses" on the pedestal are replaced with kaleidoscopic speed. These are literally caliphs for an hour. The term of your radiance is two years. If the Olympics fell on them, consider yourself lucky. Records of the past in terms of the number of victories (Slutskaya won the European Championship 7 times, Sonya Heni and Katarina Witt - six each) are now impossible. Everything rested only on the quads. As long as you can jump them, someone is interested in you.

But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Down there, under the stars burning down in an instant, there are dozens of girls who will never get their chance, because they did not have time to reach the necessary level before puberty. No one cares about their fate at all. But there are many among them who could shine much brighter if they were given time.

In addition to an understandable ethical problem, this whole pipeline provokes a more serious thing, close to a crime. Coaches of young figure skaters are very tempted to expand this sweet spot in order to get more time to prepare. This can be done in two ways - by accelerating muscle building in the "girlish" age and postponing the onset of puberty. Unfortunately, modern pharmacology is able to "help" in both cases.
I won't blame anyone, but it's obvious that sooner or later this gun will go off. Actually, accusations of this have already been heard, but scandals were hushed up. Although it doesn't make much sense for Tutberidze specifically - it's still easier for her to change girls like gloves, sending the maturing ones to the landfill of figure skating history.

But in my opinion, this system is deeply flawed and it is necessary to send it to the landfill. In the summer, the issue of raising the age limit for figure skaters up to 17 years will be discussed. In my opinion, we need to go even further, and prohibit participation in adult competitions under 18. So that adult women compete with each other, and no one had an incentive to ruin their lives. That's when we will see real, not momentary, geniuses, then real legends will appear, which are not there now. That's only then it will become clear, who has the technique and artistry, and who just has puberty delayed. (с)

Last edited:
Let's just substitute her for a male that believes they were mis-gendered, everything should be fine.

Wow, you're exposing your "sheet & hood!" :omg: :bigbed::springbed::stir: BTW, you too @AlexanderPK! :itsok:
I can only guess that you didn’t wish me health and fortune with your charade but before killing yourself against the wall you could at least tell me what it was about. I’m not well versed in your inside jokes.

Nothing gives away a neophyte among fans in figure skating like the phrase "Look, she's only 15, and she's already jumping a quad!"
I already wrote about this a few years ago, but the situation repeats itself again and again. Let me remind those who are far from all this - figure skaters have a special moment in their development, what is called sweet spot in the English-speaking world. This is the age when their physical conditions already allow them to push off well, but puberty has not yet come, and the body still remains childish - light and compact. The effect is stronger if the girl is small.

Most girls' bodies begin to change at the age of 13-15 - they gain weight, their forms change, a hormonal shift occurs, which affects psychology, among other things. For many skaters, their careers end there, they never move into adult sports. But it happens that puberty comes later - during this period, 15-16, less often 17 years, they, as figure skaters, reach the peak of their form. At this point, if they are well prepared, they can jump and three quad jumps per performance. Then, of course, nature will take its course, and at 18 this same girl will not be able to jump fours at all. That is, this achievement is temporary.

Eteri Tutberidze, of course, is an outstanding coach, but still the essence of her approach is to find girls like this, train them as much as possible for a specific age, and then, when the figure begins to change, throw them in the trash. In the language of figure skating, it sounds like "moved to another coach." And what else can they do if they don't know how to do anything else and at the age of 18 they remain on the sidelines?
The first in this row was Yulia Lipnitskaya. Yes, how lucky - the peak of her form came at the Olympic Games in Sochi, where she became a champion in team competitions. Lipnitskaya was 15 at the time, and the domestic media were just going crazy in search of epithets that could express their delight. The most commonly used was "genius" in all sorts of variations.
Now Yulia is 23 and not even everyone remembers her anymore.
Do you know what happened to her after the Olympics? If not, I'll tell you. Lipnitskaya began puberty, she gained weight, the proportions changed. Against this background, a conflict developed with Tutberidze, and she left Urmanov. But she could no longer reach her former form. This led to a nervous breakdown, depression and an attempt to lose weight at all costs. As a consequence - anorexia, from which she was treated for three months in a clinic in Europe. After that, she decided to end her career. At that time she was 19 years old.
After Lipnitskaya there was Medvedeva, then Zagitova. Both were also ranked as "geniuses", both have also completed their careers. Zagitova, if anything, is now 19 years old. Then it was the turn of the "brilliant" Trusova and Shcherbakova. At the age of 17, they continue to perform, but the status of the main genius has already passed to Valieva. However, not for long - in six months Sofia Akatieva will turn 14, she will be allowed (apparently) to the Russian Championship and this fairy tale will begin anew.

As you can see, the "geniuses" on the pedestal are replaced with kaleidoscopic speed. These are literally caliphs for an hour. The term of your radiance is two years. If the Olympics fell on them, consider yourself lucky. Records of the past in terms of the number of victories (Slutskaya won the European Championship 7 times, Sonya Heni and Katarina Witt - six each) are now impossible. Everything rested only on the quads. As long as you can jump them, someone is interested in you.

But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Down there, under the stars burning down in an instant, there are dozens of girls who will never get their chance, because they did not have time to reach the necessary level before puberty. No one cares about their fate at all. But there are many among them who could shine much brighter if they were given time.

In addition to an understandable ethical problem, this whole pipeline provokes a more serious thing, close to a crime. Coaches of young figure skaters are very tempted to expand this sweet spot in order to get more time to prepare. This can be done in two ways - by accelerating muscle building in the "girlish" age and postponing the onset of puberty. Unfortunately, modern pharmacology is able to "help" in both cases.
I won't blame anyone, but it's obvious that sooner or later this gun will go off. Actually, accusations of this have already been heard, but scandals were hushed up. Although it doesn't make much sense for Tutberidze specifically - it's still easier for her to change girls like gloves, sending the maturing ones to the landfill of figure skating history.

But in my opinion, this system is deeply flawed and it is necessary to send it to the landfill. In the summer, the issue of raising the age limit for figure skaters up to 17 years will be discussed. In my opinion, we need to go even further, and prohibit participation in adult competitions under 18. So that adult women compete with each other, and no one had an incentive to ruin their lives. That's when we will see real, not momentary, geniuses, then real legends will appear, which are not there now. That's only then it will become clear, who has the technique and artistry, and who just has puberty delayed. (с)
There may be truth in all that but I doubt Americans or Chinese would be too soft on their girls if being not soft yielded results similar to those of Eteri Tutberidze. They cannot no matter how hard they try so they throw stones at those who can.
Well, Chinese don’t throw anything, Americans do.

Forum List

Back