Zone1 I believe God is punishing the US

I don't know if children died in those cities.

But if they did,

God knows what he is doing. If you think i myself have always liked his decisions vis a vis yours truly, you can definitely think again

But God is not like us. We are sinners. He is not
Just kiddin, it's bible parables and not to be taken literally. Ask ding.

What sins has a newborn ever committed that he needs to be forgiven if not the sin other other people.?
oh, now the man from the Party of Baby Killers cares about babies being killed

Wow

I guess you can morph into ... whatever you choose to morph into

depending on what hackery you want to engage in against conservatives

oh, now the man from the Party of Baby Killers cares about babies being killed

Wow

I guess you can morph into ... whatever you choose to morph into

depending on what hackery you want to engage in against conservatives

I'm not a democrat never was never will be. I'm not a republican either. It's not my place to tell a woman she can or can't have an abortion so I'll leave to her to decide what to do.

And you religious wackos are the ones who thinks a newborn needs to be forgiven for sins other people committed not me.

You reap what you sow, and can be punished without me being punished! As a nation we can be punished without it affecting me
How can god punish the nation as a whole without punishing every citizen? Why not just say that god is punishing many individuals? If you want to claim that he is paying attention to national borders, then he is punishing the innocent.

I'll second that! You're telling people to behave as they damn well like and there will be no consequences sent by the god, at least.
We know that could only be true in the supernatural world. Back on earth, bad behaviour generally gets you in a lot of trouble.
Am I saying they should behave as they damn well like?

Christianity holds that sin is inheritable but not that it is universally shared. Until they do.

It's still the sin of other people.

I never said anything about it being "universally shared" that's all you.

What sins has a newborn ever committed that he needs to be forgiven if not the sin other other people.?
Traditionally, the origin has been ascribed to the sin of the first man, Adam, who disobeyed God in eating the forbidden fruit (of knowledge of good and evil) and, in consequence, transmitted his sin and guilt by heredity to his descendants. The doctrine has its basis in the Bible.

Traditionally, the origin has been ascribed to the sin of the first man, Adam, who disobeyed God in eating the forbidden fruit (of knowledge of good and evil) and, in consequence, transmitted his sin and guilt by heredity to his descendants. The doctrine has its basis in the Bible.

Yeah the sin of another person.

Only an idiot would think he should be punished for what someone else did especially if that person did it thousands or millions of years ago.

Yeah the sin of another person.
The sin of another person can destroy a life and everything that would have come after that destroyed life. This is not punishing those who would have been born with non-existence.

Adam and Eve disrupted God's plan for mankind, changing what could have been into our current reality. Just as possible descendants of someone who is murdered, are not punished by non-existence, nor are we being punished for the choice of Adam and Eve, we live with the consequences and the reality.

The sin of another person can destroy a life and everything that would have come after that destroyed life. This is not punishing those who would have been born with non-existence.

Adam and Eve disrupted God's plan for mankind, changing what could have been into our current reality. Just as possible descendants of someone who is murdered, are not punished by non-existence, nor are we being punished for the choice of Adam and Eve, we live with the consequences and the reality.

And that's a reason to say you are responsible for the sins of another person?

The answer to that is of course not.

Would you punish every child you ever had for the sins of its father? Grand father? How about an ancestor that lived 10000 years ago?

any god that would hold that kind of grudge isn't one I want anything to do with

Forum List

Back