I back law enforcement . . . when they enforce the law

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Even when they enforce laws with which I disagree, like drug laws.

I don't back anyone with a badge that violates the law, especially the laws protecting the rights of the people. I don't back them when they selectively enforce the law, such as using federal law to punish political opponents and avoid prosecuting political friends.

Law enforcement is not supposed to have political opponents. Even if there were a politician running who demanded that police be defunded (imagine that), it would not be for police to start investigations and arrests to hinder or punish that politician. As a department head, the chief, sheriff or director can advocate that they not be de-funded, and the individuals in that agency can vote against that politician.

But any further action against that politician is not law-enforcement.

Last edited:
Good way of explaining that!!! Thanks! I agree.

I just tell people I back HONEST cops, not the corrupt ones.
But the problem is, it's hard to tell who are the good cops and who are the corrupt ones, until it comes to their actions in the streets.
Yes, and we need to stop thinking of cops who watch while other cops commit corrupt acts as "honest cops." If one cop is abusing a suspect and three others are watching him do it, thinking they wish he would stop, that is not one bad cop and three good ones, that is four bad cops.

Bad cops get good cops killed, and the good cops need to be about the business of rooting them out of their profession, not turning a blind eye for the thin blue line.

Of course when the corruption comes from the top, it's harder to fight. Several FBI whistleblowers are coming forward, and Merrick Garland is doing all he can to silence and punish them.

Yes, and we need to stop thinking of cops who watch while other cops commit corrupt acts as "honest cops." If one cop is abusing a suspect and three others are watching him do it, thinking they wish he would stop, that is not one bad cop and three good ones, that is four bad cops.

Bad cops get good cops killed, and the good cops need to be about the business of rooting them out of their profession, not turning a blind eye for the thin blue line.

Of course when the corruption comes from the top, it's harder to fight. Several FBI whistleblowers are coming forward, and Merrick Garland is doing all he can to silence and punish them.

Unfortunately it is'nt a simple task.

I've worked with MANY men and women who went into the police forces to specifically HELP people the best way they could!
After their first year with a badge, they left.

I currently have a friend who is an ex-cop, for the same reasons.

I talked about this to all of these people, none of them knowing each other. And they pretty much told me the exact same thing!

Police forces are corrupt in themselves. You either become "one of them" or you're physically beaten into submission, your family is threatened with death, you are tortured and ridiculed until you "turn", or you leave the force. And in some cases, you are killed because you won't "turn".

The police are the puppets of government. They haven't served the people since right after WW2, when they were given Carte Blanche to do as they please and become a supposed "non-governed" office. They just became national goon squads for corrupt government. And being a non-governed office, they became extremely corrupt and vile..........just like the Democrats, turning against those they are supposed to protect and uphold laws for.

Most cops are cops nowadays for the ego trip, the power trip, and the easy paycheck. It's going to be a rare event to actually find someone that became a cop to actually HELP people, because they are either forced out of it with violence and intimidation, or they leave on their own after finding out how violently and deadly corrupt it is.

The really sad part is that someone thinks that they have to take time out of their day to explain such a position.....You would think it would go without saying. :eusa_wall:

21c1a0eb30575efec3f7bcb36b5db000.jpg

Even when they enforce laws with which I disagree, like drug laws.

I don't back anyone with a badge that violates the law, especially the laws protecting the rights of the people. I don't back them when they selectively enforce the law, such as using federal law to punish political opponents and avoid prosecuting political friends.

Law enforcement is not supposed to have political opponents. Even if there were a politician running who demanded that police be defunded (imagine that), it would not be for police to start investigations and arrests to hinder or punish that politician. As a department head, the chief, sheriff or director can advocate that they not be de-funded, and the individuals in that agency can vote against that politician.

But any further action against that politician is not law-enforcement.
We have the criminal justice system that we so richly deserve. What's the problem. ;)

Forum List

Back