What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to commemorate the words of a fine American and an historically revered US President!

I am very happy to take part in this unveiling of the statue of General Robert E. Lee.

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=15303

Citation: Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.," June 12, 1936.

37931456.jpg

MACAULAY

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is error both to judge the present by the past, and to judge the past by the present.

BluesLegend

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Every statue of FDR should have its face chiseled off the racist bastard!! /sarcasm

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to commemorate the words of a fine American and an historically revered US President!

All over the United States we recognize him as a great leader of men, as a great general. But, also, all over the United States I believe that we recognize him as something much more important than that. We recognize Robert E. Lee as one of our greatest American Christians and one of our greatest American gentlemen.

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.

Citation: Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.," June 12, 1936.

37931456.jpg
What a beautiful statue! And to think it's been there for 80 years not bothering a soul....until the iLiberati hatched their plan.

BluesLegend

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Franklin D. Roosevelt: Remarks at the Unveiling of the Robert E. Lee Memorial Statue, Dallas, Texas.

37931456.jpg
What a beautiful statue! And to think it's been there for 80 years not bothering a soul....until the iLiberati hatched their plan.

Is that statue in black face? OMG I'm offended!!!

WEATHER53

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is error both to judge the present by the past, and to judge the past by the present.
As I have said many times-it's a false Grievience to evaluate 150 years ago via today's perspectives which are generally more developed.

irosie91

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am no artist-----but it looks to me like a beautiful sculpture

irosie91

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's more of a mold pour...

so? that's how some of them are done. ----try to remember-----an artist has to MAKE THE
MOLD--------they are not mass produced in china.--------uhm----you want to call the product of
a mold ----"not a sculpture" ? ok------I do not know the lingo

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's more of a mold pour...

so? that's how some of them are done. ----try to remember-----an artist has to MAKE THE
MOLD--------they are not mass produced in china.--------uhm----you want to call the product of
a mold ----"not a sculpture" ? ok------I do not know the lingo
Well you know how it is with us hair splitters...Going bald..

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List