I Am Fa--reezing!!!

18-20F? That's not killing cold. Anything with a minus in front of it is, though. Unfortunately, I work outdoors and must endure killing cold fairly regularly, and it gets worse with wind chill factored into the equation. You dress in layers, many, many layers, and you minimize your exposure as much as possible. I gain about 20-25 lbs of clothing when it gets really cold here.

Noooooooo I meant the kind that freezes the inside of your nose......like 40 to 50 below.

18-20F? That's not killing cold. Anything with a minus in front of it is, though. Unfortunately, I work outdoors and must endure killing cold fairly regularly, and it gets worse with wind chill factored into the equation. You dress in layers, many, many layers, and you minimize your exposure as much as possible. I gain about 20-25 lbs of clothing when it gets really cold here.

My son works in the cold too. He gets really thick and nice sweatshirts and stuff from Arborwear.

It is 29° right now and I am freezing. It's going down lower too.

I hate winter...hate it, hate it, hate it.

My hands are cold!!
try -28 below like this past weekend -LOL
Where the heck are you? It hasn't been that cold in my part of Alaska, yet.

It was -6 with wind chill here on Thursday night and some of Friday. It was soooo cold.

brrrrrrrrrr Noooooooo thank you. :lol:

I hate that too.

My hands are cold!!
it's called winter you should be used to it by now so stop whining

My hands are cold!!

It was -6 with wind chill here on Thursday night and some of Friday. It was soooo cold.

the -28 here was the real temp some areas had wind chills to -50

My son works in the cold too. He gets really thick and nice sweatshirts and stuff from Arborwear.
Lined Carrharts, Refrigerwear, and other cold weather stuff works well. The biggest problem is, we are in and out of the cold and you get pretty sweated up wearing the heavy gear on the airplanes or in the office. Then you have to go stand outside in the cold, sweaty inside your warm gear.

My hands are cold!!
South Dakota

by Monday it has climbed back into the high 20s above
I had some friends from South Dakota. They claimed they moved to Alaska for the "balmy" weather. I've known people from MN who made the same claim.

My hands are cold!!
South Dakota

by Monday it has climbed back into the high 20s above
I had some friends from South Dakota. They claimed they moved to Alaska for the "balmy" weather. I've known people from MN who made the same claim.

yes we have considered that possibility

I can handle the cold fine. It's the wind that really bothers me. It's always windy as hell around here and a cold blustery wind that hurts your face.
That's true, too. Cold is one thing but when the wind comes up, it just sucks all the warmth away from you. You step from behind your truck and there's no breath left, gasp!

I know, it's the wind that kills ya! I am fine in the cold until the wind picks up. That is when I freeze my buttocks off! :frown:

Lined Carrharts, Refrigerwear, and other cold weather stuff works well. The biggest problem is, we are in and out of the cold and you get pretty sweated up wearing the heavy gear on the airplanes or in the office. Then you have to go stand outside in the cold, sweaty inside your warm gear.

Yup, my son says the same thing. He is a tree climber so he works pretty hard and works up a sweat a lot of times. He says that he only really feels cold when they are just standing around waiting to start a job or whatever. I am so glad I work inside. Lol. :)

Yup, my son says the same thing. He is a tree climber so he works pretty hard and works up a sweat a lot of times. He says that he only really feels cold when they are just standing around waiting to start a job or whatever. I am so glad I work inside. Lol. :)

or frostbite sets in.

Forum List

Back