Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

He is the CEO of a company that makes it. What did you expect the CEO to say?
Amazing how you simply ignored the first part of the post.
Oh, I read it. I just went back and read it again. I just hope there is more to go on by the time I might have to depend on it than Doctors and CEO's who stand to make a profit from it. I do not have Covid-19. I will wait for something more tangible and reliable than Drug manufacturers endorsements of their own product as the most promising that the company makes to treat this new disease, unless my doctor is the one prescribing it. I do not ever trust drug manufacturers to look out for the public good over their own profits. Did you ever hear of the Oxycontin law suits, where a drug company went out of way to addict people to their product, just for the sake of profits. Heck, Rush Limbaugh learned the hard way, so bad he was shopping doctors in multiple states to feed his habit and the manufacturer was smiling all the way to the bank.

Doctors want patients to get better so they can go back to being general doctors and not curing a pandemic. Your statement is illogical.
My statement were completely logical. You are a victim of drug company commercials one day and law firm commercials the next. I place more confidence in my doctors, than your drug companies, that's all.

How does it not benefit the doctors not to find a cure? The drug is already out treating lupus patients?

So added to the list of other doctors around the world who are vouching for this treatment, now we have the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

Oh, I read it. I just went back and read it again. I just hope there is more to go on by the time I might have to depend on it than Doctors and CEO's who stand to make a profit from it. I do not have Covid-19. I will wait for something more tangible and reliable than Drug manufacturers endorsements of their own product as the most promising that the company makes to treat this new disease, unless my doctor is the one prescribing it. I do not ever trust drug manufacturers to look out for the public good over their own profits. Did you ever hear of the Oxycontin law suits, where a drug company went out of way to addict people to their product, just for the sake of profits. Heck, Rush Limbaugh learned the hard way, so bad he was shopping doctors in multiple states to feed his habit and the manufacturer was smiling all the way to the bank.

Doctors want patients to get better so they can go back to being general doctors and not curing a pandemic. Your statement is illogical.
My statement were completely logical. You are a victim of drug company commercials one day and law firm commercials the next. I place more confidence in my doctors, than your drug companies, that's all.

How does it not benefit the doctors not to find a cure? The drug is already out treating lupus patients?
Nobody said it benefited doctors not to find a cure. what are you babbling about, Zog?

Is that why the FDA gave approval last night to start using it as treatment?
No. It has been used for other things, and if used correctly, probably will not cause harm. It can give hope, if nothing else. So far, science has proved nothing else. Better buy you some stock this morning. They welcome your money. There is no doubt about that, at all.
You see it as I did with the Pharma CEO's. They are all in line with a vaccine that they manufacture. Not the designer of it, because they don't have anything else. Just a little while ago, the woman who is under the trial? Dr. Fauci announced that she will be "watched" for a year, which is around 1/5 of the normal of up to 5 years.

As President Trump and others have indicated weeks ago, there is a cure. Tiny Tony Fauci needs to be fired ASAP and governors who opposed the cure need to be removed from office ASAP!

Even from a Fake News source!

They did not approve the drug. They approved emergency use. It is still untested as a coronavirus treatment. Theree is no cure you lying ass.

Nobody said it benefited doctors not to find a cure. what are you babbling about, Zog?
I am saying enough politicking. If this works we should use it, regardless who it benefits because it mostly benefits the patients.

I am saying enough politicking. If this works we should use it, regardless who it benefits because it mostly benefits the patients.
For a word with only 2 letters, "if" is a mighty big word. I hope it works, just not putting undue confidence. Bought that stock yet, or did you already own some?

Great thread. There will NEVER be any such link, I just like to push those types around a little.

I don't under stand how Jack can be so thickheaded. He's not dumb. Many have showed him there are 2 different compounds and cloroquinephosphate (fish tank stuff) is not what Trump touted. One of these people can never admit they are wrong? Never can say sorry to anyone?

For a word with only 2 letters, "if" is a mighty big word. I hope it works, just not putting undue confidence. Bought that stock yet, or did you already own some?
Neither. My parents are older so I would like a cure and a vaccine. Not worried about profits. So far the info. says it does. Need more tests but there is hope.

Neither. My parents are older so I would like a cure and a vaccine. Not worried about profits. So far the info. says it does. Need more tests but there is hope.
Understand and agree. More power to ya, man. Wish mine were still around. All the best to you and yours.

It is beyond me how the left can keep trying to discredit this drug because of TDS......More and more are saying it is working........To be honest it's like they DON'T WANT IT TO WORK.....

Insane World we live in.

Imagine, leftists refusing drug that Trump referred to based on French study.

Are they gonna refuse checks from stimulus signed by Trump too?
No one is refusing it. Let's hope it is an effective treatment.

Is that why the FDA gave approval last night to start using it as treatment?
Not just under the "compassionate" regs that the patient is in dire straits and nothing else has worked?

It is beyond me how the left can keep trying to discredit this drug because of TDS......More and more are saying it is working........To be honest it's like they DON'T WANT IT TO WORK.....

Insane World we live in.

Imagine, leftists refusing drug that Trump referred to based on French study.

Are they gonna refuse checks from stimulus signed by Trump too?
No one is refusing it. Let's hope it is an effective treatment.

Governor of Michigan is warning / threatening doctors against its use, despite drug combo is giving some results.

Insane World we live in.

I understand it completely....anything for power....that is the motto of the democrat party...

Should we just skip the clinical trials, then? Some doctors are trying it anyway, aren't they, if there is nothing else working?

I think we have our first openly admitted trial going on in Manitoba (I think that was the premier anyways), apparently starting with a few patients next week.

I've also been told on another site that it is basically being used in Ontario in extreme cases, but rather quietly. I don't know if this is true or not, but clearly when someone has no other hope, it's worth trying.

Thanks to Trump, we now have rules that allow sick people to try cures like this.....before Trump it wasn't allowed....

Should we just skip the clinical trials, then? Some doctors are trying it anyway, aren't they, if there is nothing else working?

I think we have our first openly admitted trial going on in Manitoba (I think that was the premier anyways), apparently starting with a few patients next week.

I've also been told on another site that it is basically being used in Ontario in extreme cases, but rather quietly. I don't know if this is true or not, but clearly when someone has no other hope, it's worth trying.

Thanks to Trump, we now have rules that allow sick people to try cures like this.....before Trump it wasn't allowed....

Not just that, FDA and CDC were preventing private and academic development of diagnostic tests while pushing defective government tests. They also stopped Seattle’s Dr. Helen Chu from testing for coronavirus because her lab "was not certified as clinical lab" under regulations established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

It was not until March 17 that the FDA first gave emergency approval to any private company to distribute non-government COVID-19 tests to hospitals. The agency still prohibits distribution to private individuals.

FDA and CDC also banned production of non-approved protective masks until manufacturers submit detailed applications to NIOSH, and those who did submitted applications couldn't been approved because government inspectors have been grounded from travel to inspect the manufacturing facilities.

Trump had removed those obstacles and allowed production.

Not just that, FDA and CDC were preventing private and academic development of diagnostic tests while pushing defective government tests. They also stopped Seattle’s Dr. Helen Chu from testing for coronavirus because her lab "was not certified as clinical lab" under regulations established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

It was not until March 17 that the FDA first gave emergency approval to any private company to distribute non-government COVID-19 tests to hospitals. The agency still prohibits distribution to private individuals.

FDA and CDC also banned production of non-approved protective masks until manufacturers submit detailed applications to NIOSH, and those who did submitted applications couldn't been approved because government inspectors have been grounded from travel to inspect the manufacturing facilities.

Trust the Trump......

Trust the Trump......

Not blindly.

He did good in regards this outbreak.

Although I agree with distancing and self isolation, the federal and state governments response to outbreak has been something of a copy of draconian responses by the world’s most tyrannical dictators. Governors throughout America have issued orders without resort to any statutes or legislation shuttering thousands of businesses and terminating tens of millions of workers. Even Justice Department is calling openly calling for indefinite detentions and a suspension of habeas corpus. That looks like tyranny.

Panic will end, but tyranny will stay.

Forum List

Back