Human Evolution Is Not Taught In Public Schools

It's going to get interesting when someone employs Intelligent Design,
and actually does something with what they have learned about Human Evolution ... :thup:

I'm not arguing for ID, but the ID side already have presented several good arguments. What they haven't been able to complete is be accepted as science.

Biology - Evolution cannot explain beauty and complexity (for complexity, we got that with the human and animals eye and ear)
Physics - Fine tuning (I know it from reading Stephen Hawking and his scientists articles from 2007-2011, but they took it all down b/c it went against evo)
Cosmology - Kalam Cosmological Argument I & II
You have never offered a good argument for ID'iot creationism because there isn't any.

Evolution certainly can explain the all-knowing, all-seeing eye. A standard ID'iot creationer claim is that eye is too complex to have developed naturally, thus, ''The Gawds Did It''.

Claim CB301:
The eye is too complex to have evolved.

Source:
Brown, Walt, 1995. In the Beginning: Compelling evidence for creation and the Flood. Phoenix, AZ: Center for Scientific Creation, p. 7.
Hitching, Francis, 1982. The Neck of the Giraffe, New York: Meridian, pp. 66-68.

Response:
  1. This is the quintessential example of the argument from incredulity. The source making the claim usually quotes Darwinsaying that the evolution of the eye seems "absurd in the highest degree". However, Darwin follows that statement with a three-and-a-half-page proposal of intermediate stages through which eyes might have evolved via gradual steps (Darwin 1872).
    • photosensitive cell
    • aggregates of pigment cells without a nerve
    • an optic nerve surrounded by pigment cells and covered by translucent skin
    • pigment cells forming a small depression
    • pigment cells forming a deeper depression
    • the skin over the depression taking a lens shape
    • muscles allowing the lens to adjust
  2. All of these steps are known to be viable because all exist in animals living today. The increments between these steps are slight and may be broken down into even smaller increments. Natural selection should, under many circumstances, favor the increments. Since eyes do not fossilize well, we do not know that the development of the eye followed exactly that path, but we certainly cannot claim that no path exists.

Evidence for one step in the evolution of the vertebrate eye comes from comparative anatomy and genetics. The vertebrate βγ-crystallin genes, which code for several proteins crucial for the lens, are very similar to the Ciona βγ-crystallin gene. Ciona is an urochordate, a distant relative of vertebrates. Ciona's single βγ-crystallin gene is expressed in its otolith, a pigmented sister cell of the light-sensing ocellus. The origin of the lens appears to be based on co-optation of previously existing elements in a lensless system.

Nilsson and Pelger (1994) calculated that if each step were a 1 percent change, the evolution of the eye would take 1,829 steps, which could happen in 364,000 generations.

There is no obvious ''fine tuning'' of the natural world. It is dishonest to claim that Hawking and ''his scientists'' made any affirmative case for supernatural ''fine tuning''.

The Kalam argument is a philosophical one and exploits the fact that philosophical arguments can be made for anything because ultimately they are not burdened by the requirement for factual support and ultimately have no requirement to be true.

There are no intermediate stages. Stop believing in fairy tales.
Of course there are intermediate stages. Most biological organisms are in some form of intermediate stage of evolution. That is because external / environmental pressures change over time. That is why it is common for species to have imprecise defining characteristics because evolution is ongoing. Creationers want to define biology in terms of “kinds” that were supernaturally created. This implies that all species should be clearly demarcated and that there should be a clear and universal definition of “kind” or species. Since there is not, ID’iot creationism, not evolutionary theory has a problem with a supportable argument.

There are no intermediate fossils. Let's stick to human evolution. Creation science believes in natural selection as something God created. It is natural for animals to prey upon each other and the environment plays a part in such that weaker traits do not get passed on. The stronger animals and traits survive and pass their genes on. However, with humans, this doesn't appear to happen. As a whole, we appear to be getting weaker and dying earlier.

(Satan has the power of death, remember?)
Really ? The life expectancy has double since medical science has been used. Where do you get your information ?

Really ? The life expectancy has double since medical science has been used. Where do you get your information ?

Where do you get yours? I read the news.
You insulted my Genesis, but what it says holds true.
what exactly does your genesis say that does not correspond to the evolution of physiology and its spiritual content -
You do not answer questions from those who you are discussing things with.
This claim is based mainly on a comparison of skulls, most of which are just incomplete fragments.
- what exactly does your genesis say.

it could be agreed, in a limited way that a transition from an ancestral source for present sapiens may not be explicit by physical evidence - being for bond the only criteria to resolve the matter - is their own self fulfilling flaw - and not a discrepancy in the theory of evolution.

as evolution is a metaphysical process that may or may not have intermediary representations that are not necessary for a final change to occur before the final product is produced - and may be the case for sapiens.

however, bond has never produced a physiological aspect of sapien that is exclusionary from all other physiological examples on planet Earth that would give credence to a distinction for humanity they believe exists in regards to their unsubstantiated christian bible. genesis.

The one at the check out counter at the grocery store that also had a great article on alien invasions ?

I get it. Your kind has nothing but bogus arguments.
:iyfyus.jpg:

When I was in middle school in the early 90's they did teach us evolution and that we came from apes. I didn't really believe it though, even when I was a kid. I figured there had to be much more to the story. I think it is more plausible that a group of ET's messed with the Neanderthal's DNA and created the humans we have now. That is the ancient astronaut theory. But, they are all just theories and I guess you can pick anyone, you want to believe in.

I know they never teach Darwin’s writings on black people. You sometimes hear that he was an abolitionist but it was more along the lines of PETA.

The one at the check out counter at the grocery store that also had a great article on alien invasions ?

:iyfyus.jpg:
Well, I don’t read check out counter trash or listen to made up sht.

:abgg2q.jpg: Again, you are wrong. It's your side that supposedly has the advantage on this, but the current news is current news.

Even the Bible states, 70 to 80 years now.

:abgg2q.jpg: Again, you are wrong. It's your side that supposedly has the advantage on this, but the current news is current news.

Current news ? so, just saying it’s current news and a message form the Bible makes everything true. I’ll have to remember that. Wow, between religion and the check out counter, you’ve got everything covered. hilarious. “ even the Bible says. “ Chuckles “ Thats fairy tail land...

Darwin himself admitted that it is absurd to say that the human eye happened through mutation and natural selection.

Darwin himself admitted that it is absurd to say that the human eye happened through mutation and natural selection.
true -

the spiritual content of physiology is responsible from the beginning for its physical emergence and seemingly endless progression being simply happy to be alive and undoubtedly an as yet indeterminate goal that foolishly may be squandered by an insatiable lack of respect for the Garden that has emerged to sustain it, planet Earth. and yes, the spirit sought vision and made the means to acquire it. through physiology.

true -

the spiritual content of physiology is responsible from the beginning for its physical emergence and seemingly endless progression being simply happy to be alive and undoubtedly an as yet indeterminate goal that foolishly may be squandered by an insatiable lack of respect for the Garden that has emerged to sustain it, planet Earth. and yes, the spirit sought vision and made the means to acquire it. through physiology.
Really ? Which one ? There are seven to choose from.

true -

... seven what -

Current news ? so, just saying it’s current news and a message form the Bible makes everything true. I’ll have to remember that. Wow, between religion and the check out counter, you’ve got everything covered. hilarious. “ even the Bible says. “ Chuckles “ Thats fairy tail land...

Sorry, I missed your reply. You seem sure about this.

The Bible has it covered as we are supposed to live 70 to 80 years. Isn't that true? How long do you expect to live? I may be one of the fortunate ones to live to around 90.

What does your evolution state? I think it started with a low expectancy from the 1950s. Is that why you think it's gone up to 70 to 80 years?

Last edited:
Get real, Darwin like many Catholic monks contributed much to evolution . That doesn’t mean he had a handle on everything back in the 1800’s. Please, science doesn’t work that way.

It’s hilarious to thing any one can speak for a scientist a hundred years later. Good grief....

please, Darwin like many Catholic monks contributed much to evolution . That doesn’t mean he had a handle on everything back in the 1800’s. Please, science doesn’t work that way.

It’s hilarious to thing any one can speak for a scientist a hundred years later. Good grief....

Sorry, I missed your reply. You seem sure about this.

The Bible has it covered as we are supposed to live 70 to 80 years. Isn't that true? How long do you expect to live? I may be one of the fortunate ones to live to around 90.

What does your evolution state? I think it started with a low expectancy from the 1950s. Is that why you think it's gone up to 70 to 80 years?

The problem with comparing life expectancies is that the numbers make it look like it has significantly changed, as far as how old people get. It doesn't.

The big difference is infant mortality and childhood mortality. Once a child become an adolescent the chances of a long life improve significantly, and are not much different than today.

Forum List

Back