How will we judge Obama?

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008. However, the next pot of fish depends on the success and longevity of the Health Care Act. After that, he will fail miserably in the racial divide, inability to curb immigration, instead allowing illegals to come over the border without consequence and the illegals taking the jobs of Americans which, in real unemployment is still high towards the end of his administration.

I honestly think he will get credit for turning the economy around from almost certain disaster in 2008.

His union/crony payoffs in the "stimulus" bill had nothing to do with the turnaround.
Todd, I agree there were "bribes" given to pass both the stimulus and the Health Care Act and I am not going to fool you, I didn't like either. But we were in sad shape after the Home mortgage bubble burst. I thought we were in real trouble, and even though, he spent more time on the Health Care Act than the economy, by the grace of God, we came out of it. He'll get credit for that.

But we were in sad shape after the Home mortgage bubble burst.

Yes we were.

He'll get credit for that.

Any credit he gets is undeserved.

14 million jobs
Mostly within the private sector
10% to 5% unemployment =huge improvement!
Millions of more people on health insurance.

No he didn't go far enough economically, but I'd judge him as decent. Republicans have a long history of causing recessions and depression...They shouldn't even be considered. A utter joke.

The one percent got even wealthier.

The middle class lost net worth for the first time in decades.

US net GDP dropped.

Fewer American working than was seen since the 1970's due to loss of jobs.

Middle class folks being forced to work two or three jobs because obamacare forced employers to cut hours to avoid the law.

Yeah matthew, he's one of the worst POTUS's this country has ever seen. But you would have to take your blinders off to acknowledge the truth of it.
The 1% got even wealthier. Silly, that's been the GOP plan for decades.

And they somehow tricked the smartest President in history, to go along? LOL!

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

His problem was caring for the American people when
Republicans never did.

14 million jobs

No he didn't go far enough economically, but I'd judge him as decent. Republicans have a long history of causing recessions and depression...They shouldn't even be considered. A utter joke.

US net GDP dropped.

Middle class folks being forced to work two or three jobs because obamacare forced employers to cut hours to avoid the law.

Yeah matthew, he's one of the worst POTUS's this country has ever seen. But you would have to take your blinders off to acknowledge the truth of it.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Of course, because tax cuts for everyone means you don't care. Durr.

14 million jobs

US net GDP dropped.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

That was a scam idiot child. Based on ignorant right wingers and trickery.

Who Benefited Most from the Bush Tax Cuts?

Ignoring the financing, the answer to the question depends upon how you measure "benefit." Normally, tax cuts are measured in the same way as raises at work: What percentage did you get? If a person making $40,000 gets a 20% raise to $48,000, obviously that's a "better raise" than a person who gets a 5% raise from $200,000 to $210,000. However, if one looks solely at the dollar amounts, the higher-income person got a $10,000 raise while the lower-income person got $8,000.

---------

Really stupid and tarded and ignorant. As the wealth of the person goes up, so does the dollar amount. Fuck the percentage. If I get a thousand dollars and Trump gets a million, fuck that. He won't even notice another million, but a thousand dollars to me could mean whether or not I paid my bills this month. But ignorant right wingers will have no idea what I'm talking about. We see it again and again.

14 million jobs

US net GDP dropped.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Which Obama continued at the same rate for several years before slashing the child tax credit in half. They still exist today.

I'd say Hussein's major contribution to blacks is their game he's never once mentioned, much less condemned:

14 million jobs

US net GDP dropped.

Don't forget about the credit downgrade.

US net GDP dropped.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Ignoring the financing, the answer to the question depends upon how you measure "benefit." Normally, tax cuts are measured in the same way as raises at work: What percentage did you get? If a person making $40,000 gets a 20% raise to $48,000, obviously that's a "better raise" than a person who gets a 5% raise from $200,000 to $210,000. However, if one looks solely at the dollar amounts, the higher-income person got a $10,000 raise while the lower-income person got $8,000.

---------

Really stupid and tarded and ignorant. As the wealth of the person goes up, so does the dollar amount. Fuck the percentage. If I get a thousand dollars and Trump gets a million, fuck that. He won't even notice another million, but a thousand dollars to me could mean whether or not I paid my bills this month. But ignorant right wingers will have no idea what I'm talking about. We see it again and again.

Thanks for the example that showed both got tax cuts.
Normally liberals are retarded when it comes to math.

US net GDP dropped.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

---------

It is similar for tax cuts. Virtually every tax return received a tax cut as a result of the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts. Even many tax returns at the very bottom of the income scale who paid no income tax to the IRS saw an increase in their refundable credit amount. That's why if one measures "benefit" in terms of the percent change in one's tax bill, low-income earners benefited the most from the tax cuts.

Exactly.
Bush gave tax cuts to everyone. Low income earners benefited the most.
Because Bush and the Republicans never cared for the American people.

Durr.

US net GDP dropped.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Which Obama continued at the same rate for several years before slashing the child tax credit in half. They still exist today.

Dammit, don't be a moron.

Republicans say tax cuts must come first

(CNN) - Senate Republicans promised Wednesday to block legislative action on every issue being considered by the lame duck Congress until the dispute over extending the Bush-era tax cuts is resolved

You know that Republicans blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax Cuts. They threatened to block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans who lost their jobs under Bush. That's what happens when you move millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories.

And how come Republicans don't see that as a bad thing? Because they don't have a problem with millions of Americans being devastated. Look how they want to cut food stamps and health care. Today's Republicans follow Satan not Jesus. If Jesus came back, he would be pissed at the evil Republicans have done in His name.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

(CNN) - Senate Republicans promised Wednesday to block legislative action on every issue being considered by the lame duck Congress until the dispute over extending the Bush-era tax cuts is resolved

You know that Republicans blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax Cuts. They threatened to block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans who lost their jobs under Bush. That's what happens when you move millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories.

And how come Republicans don't see that as a bad thing? Because they don't have a problem with millions of Americans being devastated. Look how they want to cut food stamps and health care. Today's Republicans follow Satan not Jesus. If Jesus came back, he would be pissed at the evil Republicans have done in His name.

You know that Republicans blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax Cuts. They threatened to block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans who lost their jobs

So Obama would have raised taxes on hundreds of millions of Americans, unless Republicans extended unemployment benefits for 8 million Americans?

Good to know how his math works.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

You know that Republicans blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax Cuts. They threatened to block unemployment benefits for millions of Americans who lost their jobs

So Obama would have raised taxes on hundreds of millions of Americans, unless Republicans extended unemployment benefits for 8 million Americans?

Sounds more like Obama blackmailed them.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Only on the already wealthy. Not everyone who is rich enjoys seeing other Americans suffer the way your kind does.

Republicans never did.

Republicans never did.

Only on the already wealthy. Not everyone who is rich enjoys seeing other Americans suffer the way your kind does.

Only on the already wealthy.

Allowing the Bush tax cuts, which cut taxes on everyone, to expire, would have raised taxes on everyone.

Forum List

Back