How to save the earth.

Don't native Americans espouse living in harmony with the earth?

No ... they immediately set about destroying the native environment to the point of a mass extinction event ... a large portion of American Megafauna were quickly destroyed ... lions and horses and camels ... the list goes on ...

Humans wreck all places they go ... you can see the trash on the Moon from orbit ...

No ... they immediately set about destroying the native environment to the point of a mass extinction event ... a large portion of American Megafauna were quickly destroyed ... lions and horses and camels ... the list goes on ...

Humans wreck all places they go ... you can see the trash on the Moon from orbit ...
I believe Woodznutz meant American Indians

The extinction event in the Americans was co-incident with the arrival of humans over the Barrings Land Bridge ≈ 15,000 years ago ... the exact same thing happened in Australia when humans got there ≈ 40,000 years ago ...
Cool. Irrelevant but cool nonetheless. The point is my ancestors did not waste anything.

Cool. Irrelevant but cool nonetheless. The point is my ancestors did not waste anything.

No they did not ... they were a stone-age people and being wasteful was death ... I get that ... doesn't mean they didn't clear cut forests to make room for agriculture ... now does it? ...

If you think the extinction events were irrelevant, then you are being dishonest ... is that what your ancestors wanted? ...

ELE is irrelevant to this discussion.
It kind of is relevant since his point was humans wreck all places they go. I think the better way of saying is that any new species which spreads to the degree that humans have will alter the natural order. The only question is how much and how responsibly.

No they did not ... they were a stone-age people and being wasteful was death ... I get that ... doesn't mean they didn't clear cut forests to make room for agriculture ... now does it? ...

If you think the extinction events were irrelevant, then you are being dishonest ... is that what your ancestors wanted? ...
According to the fossil record many species died out long before man came along. Nature doesn't care who survives or doesn't.

It kind of is relevant since his point was humans wreck all places they go. I think the better way of saying is that any new species which spreads to the degree that humans have will alter the natural order. The only question is how much and how responsibly.
When the English arrived here they built houses from sawn lumber, as we do today. England was virtually deforested and lumber was expensive. And even though wood was abundant here they built house as if it were scarce. By sawing trees into framing and siding lumber a house could be constructed using just a few trees. However, in order to heat these buildings every other tree in sight was cut into firewood.

The Finns and Scandinavians came later and built dwellings from whole logs, log cabins. This required more trees initially but many fewer to heat those structures. Even today log homes require less energy to heat due to the insulating quality of the thick walls and their ability to retain heat.

Also noteworthy is the ability of solid wood structures to withstand storms that would destroy wood framed structures, and, counterintuitively, their greater resistance to burning than frame-built structures.

ELE is irrelevant to this discussion.

Then come here and take my keyboard away ... if you're a science denier then you don't want to save the Earth ...

But in the Environment Forum, we're allowed to bring up science ... humans ruin all the ecosystems with their poisons, ALL HUMANS ... no one gets a pass ... I'm sorry you've bought into the myth of the Native American sitting on horseback on the Plains ... they didn't have horses until Europeans arrived ...

Native Americans didn't have the luxury to be environmentalists ...

According to the fossil record many species died out long before man came along. Nature doesn't care who survives or doesn't.

Show me ... actual scientists claim these extinction events occur co-incidence with humans arrival ... 40k yBP in Australia and 15k in America ... what dates do you have? ...

Do you know what "coincident" means? ... it doesn't mean "caused", or are you that shallow? ...

Native Americans are the original environmentalists.

Clear cutting the forests for agriculture is the opposite of environmentalism ...

Alexander Humboldt is usually considered the first person to put scientific method to the questions on environment ... but if you want to think it was Native Americans, don't let me change your mind ... sheesh ... you don't believe mass extinction events are relative to the environment, so obviously Indians were technologically advanced ...

How to save the earth

Throw Democrats and alarmists into volcanoes!

House Republicans went on vacation until the next vote for pork-barrel CR comes up ... these are the folks you want to save? ...

Lawyers, politicians, doctors and priests ... the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse ... all 4 cause taxation ...

Clear cutting the forests for agriculture is the opposite of environmentalism ...

Alexander Humboldt is usually considered the first person to put scientific method to the questions on environment ... but if you want to think it was Native Americans, don't let me change your mind ... sheesh ... you don't believe mass extinction events are relative to the environment, so obviously Indians were technologically advanced ...
Get therapy. Seriously.

Forum List

Back