How long has Rona been around & how "novel" is it really?

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2020
A study shows it could have been circulating by Sept, 2019, if not sooner.
"Italian researchers now report that 12 percent of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 developed coronavirus antibodies long before Feb. 21, when the country’s first case was identified."

Reports from months ago show it was found in wastewater samples in Spain as well as Italy.
Wouldn't want the job of testing old stool.
"Spanish virologists have found traces of the novel coronavirus in a sample of Barcelona waste water collected in March 2019, nine months before the COVID-19 disease was identified in China, the University of Barcelona said on Friday."

Is it really all that "novel" or could it be a mutation/manipulation? of the original SARS from 2002?
"researchers found that 80 percent of its genetic coding is similar to the last zoonotic virus SARS and that it also came from bats."

"Ralph Baric, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, last week (November 9) published a study on his team’s efforts to engineer a virus with the surface protein of the SHC014 coronavirus, found in horseshoe bats in China, and the backbone of one that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice."
Lab-Made Coronavirus Triggers Debate

Good point here.

I remember back in the day when aids first became popular in the mid to lat 1980's, I discussed it with a old time doctor I knew.

He wasn't impressed, there were always a small number of young men who got mysteriously sick with those kinds of symptoms and there was nothing they could do and they died.

The 1980's was when aids was IDENTIFIED, not when it originated.

Its very likely this is the case.

Forum List

Back