How do you tag or mention a thread?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

And can someone explain the purpose for doing so?

If I did it correctly, I just tagged you for this thread. I think it's just to draw a large number of people to a particular thread like back when we did the pink avies for breast cancer, it was a way to get everyone to post there. Upper left, where it says tag users, type in a username.

LOL-Good one QW.

And yep, I was just tagged for this thread so my name should be at the top with Chuckt's. Also, we both should of gotten a notification.

Simple as that.

And can someone explain the purpose for doing so?

You just type [MENTION=44368]Chuckt[/MENTION] and a mention will be sent to Chuckt's mention area. Like someone else said, if I want to make sure that you see some post that you may not be subscribed to the thread in which it is posted, I can get your attention by using the Mention function.

If you are subscribed to that thread, you get a notification in your CP - so it isn't necessary, but if you don't see a person posting in that thread and you want them to come in to it, the mention works well because the person is alerted that he has a mention, much like when you get a private message.

Forum List

Back