How do you fall asleep at night?

I listen to audiobooks. Preferably a mystery, but if they get too exciting and keep me awake I substitute some very old history book.
I used to like absolute quiet and think about stuff for the past 56 years but now I love boring information it puts me to sleep in a heart beat

Vodka, comfort food, and 10 mg Melatonin tablets help.

But I still wake up at 4:00 AM and have to wait for the little convenience store up the highway to open at 5:00. The have fresh-made 4" diameter biscuits with sausage, egg, and cheese that are my whole purpose to go on living. One of those sprinkled with Tabasco sauce, slathered in Ranch dressing, and washed down with a Monster Pacific Punch energy drink, and I'm ready to kick another day's ass.

Until the store's oven breaks down, and here it is two weeks waiting for the blower motor that's on back-order. Thanks a fuckin' lot, Joe Biden, you asshole. And of course, that particular energy drink only stays on the shelf for a week before they're all sold out.

1647827748814.png

If I decide I need to sleep I can be asleep in fifteen minutes any time of the day or night. One of the few practical things I learned in the army.

If I decide I need to sleep I can be asleep in fifteen minutes any time of the day or night. One of the few practical things I learned in the army.
I learned that from flying for 10 years I could go to sleep on a airplane in a new York minute

I kind of trained myself to do that, if the airplane crashes I wouldn't know

Just watch in a few weeks there will be a commercial coping off my thread, like in the past

Someone told me once that the best way to go to sleep quickly is to lay down and pretend to be asleep until you get bored and fall asleep. It actually works.

Someone told me once that the best way to go to sleep quickly is to lay down and pretend to be asleep until you get bored and fall asleep. It actually works.
When I was younger I just used to have sex with my pillow ( couldn't resist )

Yeah you would.
How would I know? When I used to fall asleep on airplanes a stewardess used to leave me a plate of pretzels or breakfast on my pull down table.

This reminds me, one of the coolest flights I had was from Atlanta to Chicago back in the 1980s and I was the only passenger.

Until the store's oven breaks down, and here it is two weeks waiting for the blower motor that's on back-order. Thanks a fuckin' lot, Joe Biden, you asshole.

Joe is busy converting all of the convenience stores over to the new, green, federally-mandated solar-powered blower motors now that require installation of three solar panels on the roof of the building plus one hungry gerbil in a spinning cage.

Backlog could be up to about two years and are sure to raise the cost of a sausage biscuit to about $5.89.

Forum List

Back