How Do I Copy A Gif?

giphy.gif

aha you clicked the insert link and not insert image..........make sure you click the one that looks like a box.
I did. And then inside the Insert image window, I hit the link for url. But it's not working. I just tried the "Drop Image Here" option instead of the link, but that gave me the same message.

I guess I'm just not going to be able to use gifs. My computer seems to not like them.

Windows 10, Google Chrome is my browser.

I googled how-to instructions but neither of the ones I found give instructions that seem related to my system at all.

I get it that you have to go to the site, not copy it in the browser. And that you have to somehow upload it to the computer. But I've fooled around and am not having any luck.
Right-click on the image and then click on 'save image as ...' Then select the directory where you want to save it and you can rename the image too.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP!!!

I did learn how to make a meme, Eagle. It took awhile, but I managed to save it after a lot of screwing around.
1590020194786.png

right click, hit save image as. and then name it, save it to the desktop. Click on the gif until it's big as you can get then right click etc.

I googled how-to instructions but neither of the ones I found give instructions that seem related to my system at all.

I get it that you have to go to the site, not copy it in the browser. And that you have to somehow upload it to the computer. But I've fooled around and am not having any luck.
Right-click on the image and then click on 'save image as ...' Then select the directory where you want to save it and you can rename the image too.
Okay. I did that. Now how do I get it from there to here?

I use tracing paper and a sharpie.
This has been the story of my life for the past two months trying to figure out all this shit to teach online. Weird freaky shit that is not supposed to happen, happens and people just say "huh" and giggle behind their hand because they think it's because I'm such a dumb fuck.

One day a week or so ago, I was having trouble finding one of our digital files in the shared database we use. I asked the secretary who does all that stuff, and she emailed me back saying "Here's a how-to video I made for ya." YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS ATTACHED TO THAT EMAIL? 3 VIDEOS IN RUSSIAN that came from God knows where. Had nothing to do with the shared drive. I told the secretary and she just said "Huh."

I'm sick of this shit.
Hey, don't give up on it OL! Actually, I figure you won't.

My experience is that if you find your way into a shared drive, right double click to access the file or folder.

This has been the story of my life for the past two months trying to figure out all this shit to teach online. Weird freaky shit that is not supposed to happen, happens and people just say "huh" and giggle behind their hand because they think it's because I'm such a dumb fuck.

One day a week or so ago, I was having trouble finding one of our digital files in the shared database we use. I asked the secretary who does all that stuff, and she emailed me back saying "Here's a how-to video I made for ya." YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS ATTACHED TO THAT EMAIL? 3 VIDEOS IN RUSSIAN that came from God knows where. Had nothing to do with the shared drive. I told the secretary and she just said "Huh."

I'm sick of this shit.

I feel your pain OldLady. If I knew more than how to turn it on, I'd help you out. But I'm terrible with tech. Any kind. I walk by a computer and it starts smoking.

If I had to know computer shit for a living, I'd be dying. Or in jail for stealing pop tarts and pepsi.

I'm sick of this shit.

I feel your pain OldLady. If I knew more than how to turn it on, I'd help you out. But I'm terrible with tech. Any kind. I walk by a computer and it starts smoking.

If I had to know computer shit for a living, I'd be dying. Or in jail for stealing pop tarts and pepsi.
How can you know OL's pain if you don't know how to turn it on?

You walk by a computer and it starts processing Degenerative Binary Code.

Nah, I've tried everything everyone has suggested and nothing works. When I save it to my desktop, it wants to save it to notepad, which gives me a page of computer code, and then when I try to select something else it gives me a list of apps I don't know what they are.

It's not worth it, guys. I DO give up.

I'm sick of this shit.
Hey, don't give up on it OL! Actually, I figure you won't.

My experience is that if you find your way into a shared drive, right double click to access the file or folder.
I did figure that one out, no thanks to the Russians.

I'm sick of this shit.

How can you know OL's pain if you don't know how to turn it on?

You walk by a computer and it starts processing Degenerative Binary Code.

I know how to turn it on and not much more.

I just download them onto my USB and then post them. I don't think you can copy GIFs. Unless, you "right click" and then copy the link from the GIF.
Why do you call a thumb drive, AKA flash drive a USB? A USB is a port that many perphrials plug into including flash/thumb drives.........
If you don't know how to use the nomenclature don't use it, you'll confuse people.

Why do you call a thumb drive, AKA flash drive a USB? A USB is a port that many perphrials plug into including flash/thumb drives.........
If you don't know how to use the nomenclature don't use it, you'll confuse people.

You're right! I am used to calling it a USB...but a flash drive is more accurate. My bad.

I don't know how you did that but I can't do that. I'm going into the insert image button, clicking the links for URL. I right clicked on the gif and selected "copy image address" and put it in the url window. And it didn't play.
Hmmm........not sure here........
Do your gif search under Images click on the image you want to make it larger (pop out from the rest). Right click on the image and select Copy Image Location, open up Insert Image when posting/replying select the chain link and paste the image.

Right click on your gif

Left click on "copy link" in the box that opens

In the row of icons above your reply typing area left click on the box icon, "Insert image"

In the upper left of the box that opens, left click on the upload image icon

Move your cursor into the box, over "drop image", left click

A box will open up in the upper left of your screen with the image in it

Double click on the image

giphy[2].gif

I don't know how you did that but I can't do that. I'm going into the insert image button, clicking the links for URL. I right clicked on the gif and selected "copy image address" and put it in the url window. And it didn't play.
Hmmm........not sure here........
Do your gif search under Images click on the image you want to make it larger (pop out from the rest). Right click on the image and select Copy Image Location, open up Insert Image when posting/replying select the chain link and paste the image.
Actually you may have to left click on the image. Sometimes I forget I mouse left handed and all my meeces are reversed control.

How to copy a gif you must copy the direct link of the gif and put it in the box for pictures and use the link icon which will allow you to paste the link and then it will upload.

Some gifs will not copy because of the site they are from, so know that before thinking you messed up...
house-shrugh0seu.gif

Forum List

Back