House Holds Hearing On Black National Anthem’s History, Meaning...& committee member Jim Jordan doesn't attend

So you want to not have anything to do with Afro-Americans? Then don't, but don't try to stop anyone who does...

So you want to not have anything to do with Afro-Americans? Then don't, but don't try to stop anyone who does...

What does this have to do with the work of Congress? Shouldn't they be more concerned about working on inflation, or the budget or something?

The idea of having separate national anthems for every ethnicity is interesting, but sort of stupid in my mind.

• Banned
the song was sung at Abe Lincoln's birthday in the year 1900. Booker T Washington endorsed it in 1905, and it was used by the NAACP during the civil rights era in the 50s and 60s

Last edited:
What does this have to do with the work of Congress? Shouldn't they be more concerned about working on inflation, or the budget or something?

The idea of having separate national anthems for every ethnicity is interesting, but sort of stupid in my mind.
Congress does work on those items they also work on other items by committee, Congress is capable of handling more than one item. The natives have their own anthems and flags.

I find anthems to be boring, repetitive, and lacking in musical originality, the US national anthem uses the music from a tavern tune from England "To Anacreon in Heaven."

• Banned
I find anthems to be boring, repetitive, and lacking in musical originality, the US national anthem uses the music from a tavern tune from England "To Anacreon in Heaven."
few anthems i like...the Algerian one is terrific when they sing it in the football stadium, invoking the 1 million Algerian martyrs killed by The French a long time ago

i speak Arabic and like the lyrics

I posted in the past about this. I have found a lot of blacks from a teacher to a 12-year-old boy to fellow workers have a negative opinion of it. On the subject of Jim Jordan not attending, If I were on the committee I would have attended

Last edited:
Clyburn says he's not comfortable with the term "The Black National Anthem", and that there should be one anthem for the whole nation

good!

So 'Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money!!!!' is an anthem now? It came a long way from an In Living Color skit theme.

"i support making Lift Every Voice and Sing the national anthem, i'm sorry, i meant national hymn!" - witness at the hearing...the statement happens around the 50 minute mark from the video i posted in the OP

Forum List

Back