House Bill to Lower Insulin Costs PASSES - 193 GOPers Voted AGAINST it - Just 12 Voted FOR

Ahh.. so you're a Democrat! That explains it

Not hardly. The House bill is nothing more than a feel-good campaign ploy by the Democrats. It's also inflationary and doesn't do anything to address those people without health insurance. It also puts more regulations on the pharmaceutical manufacturers.

We were fine with Trump's EO, until Biden reversed it, then brought it back with a whole bunch of other shit.

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?
Take the money that you moonbats have been funneling to Pfizer and Moderna for shitty vaxxes that don't work, and direct it to insulin for the needy.

Problem solved.

Not hardly. The House bill is nothing more than a feel-good campaign ploy by the Democrats. It's also inflationary and doesn't do anything to address those people without health insurance. It also puts more regulations on the pharmaceutical manufacturers.

We were fine with Trump's EO, until Biden reversed it, then brought it back with a whole bunch of other shit.
So, you don't have a problem with government dictating prices, so long as it's the Republicans doing the dictating?

The entire FDA.
It's actually hard to find rent-seeking that doesn't rely on government. From a simple search on "rent seeking", pretty much every article cites government as the principal source.

The measure would cap insulin costs at $35 a month for consumers enrolled in both private health insurance plans and Medicare. Currently, based on the patient’s condition and choice of treatments, costs can range from $334 to $1,000 a month for insulin, according to a 2020 Kaiser Family Foundation report.

This is a really good bill. If you know any Diabetics - it is a very expensive and unfair lifestyle. Those poor people pay a truckload for treatment. Anything to help their burden is great.

193 GOPers voted against it of course. Thoughts?
The bill does not require producers to lower costs. The bill requires health insurance companies to cover insulin and charge no more than $35 per month or 25% of the cost.

Bill is a joke. It's just another baby step toward universal health care.

A person should be able to buy a health insurance plan without insulin coverage if they do not have diabetes. It's like forcing a male to buy gynecological coverage.

It does not lower the cost of insulin, per se. It simply changes who pays for the majority of it.

Arguably, the price of insulin will actually increase with this bill, as it will mandate coverage for it. That is what normally happens since insurers will have to cover it.

I wish government would quit trying to be my doctor. They really stink at it (e.g. COVID).

Bill is here

Got an example to the contrary?
Until 1982 "democratic regulation" prohibited stock buybacks.
Did deregulation increase or decrease market freedom?

The Dangers of Buybacks: Mitigating Common Pitfalls

"Buybacks have experienced a meteoric rise in popularity since the turn of the twenty-first century, overtaking dividends as the preferred means to return capital to shareholders in jurisdictions like the US.

"In 2019 alone, corporations spent more than USD 1.2 trillion globally on buybacks."

"But the rise of buybacks has been riddled with controversy.

"Academics, practitioners, and politicians alike have maligned the use of buybacks, taking issue with their potential contribution to income inequality, underinvestment in innovation, and use for personal enrichment.

And it seems Rep Buddy Carter supported when it came up under Trump.

The Blame Game: Everyone And No One Is Raising Insulin Prices

Now, before anyone goes there, I am NOT defending one hypocrisy over the other. I am wondering why we continue to support these people?
If you get the government to stop paying for it, the price would drop 900%$.

Strange that when the GOP was looking into lowering drug costs, of all drugs, not just insulin, the Democrats were 100% against it. Now, clown boi's are trying to make hay on the GOP not supporting the Democrat's efforts.

You are correct in that no one wants to lower the prices of drugs. It's just a fucking game to them. They get their shit for nearly free.

Until 1982 "democratic regulation" prohibited stock buybacks.
Did deregulation increase or decrease market freedom?

The Dangers of Buybacks: Mitigating Common Pitfalls

"Buybacks have experienced a meteoric rise in popularity since the turn of the twenty-first century, overtaking dividends as the preferred means to return capital to shareholders in jurisdictions like the US.

"In 2019 alone, corporations spent more than USD 1.2 trillion globally on buybacks."

"But the rise of buybacks has been riddled with controversy.

"Academics, practitioners, and politicians alike have maligned the use of buybacks, taking issue with their potential contribution to income inequality, underinvestment in innovation, and use for personal enrichment.
LOL - the entire concept of a "corporate charter" is a rent seeking arrangement, facilitated by - you guessed it - government!

Wanna try again?

The bill does not require producers to lower costs. The bill requires health insurance companies to cover insulin and charge no more than $35 per month or 25% of the cost.

Bill is a joke. It's just another baby step toward universal health care.

A person should be able to buy a health insurance plan without insulin coverage if they do not have diabetes. It's like forcing a male to buy gynecological coverage.

It does not lower the cost of insulin, per se. It simply changes who pays for the majority of it.

Arguably, the price of insulin will actually increase with this bill, as it will mandate coverage for it. That is what normally happens since insurers will have to cover it.

I wish government would quit trying to be my doctor. They really stink at it (e.g. COVID).

Bill is here

And health insurance companies will no doubt raise their premiums on everyone, just to make up for it.

When will the FreeShitArmy ever learn that there's no such thing as "free shit"?

I don't have a problem with anything, as long as it's Republican who does it.

If the next Republican President wants to put a $20 bounty for every Democrat's head I bring him, you can count me in.
How authoritarian of you.

And you wonder why the left constantly accuses the right of authoritarianism. It would not work nearly as well if so many on the right did not exemplify it.

Forum List

Back