Home schooling is booming!

My cousin's wife started a Catholic grade school with traditional curriculum and teaching methods. None of the Common Core crap, or social emotional crap, or other progressive crap. Rote memorization - like times tables - is key to the curriculum. Public schools call that drill and kill and they don't like that! Long waitlist immediately and she is starting up a second one. Parents are starving for schools that just focus of doing a great job of teaching the subjects and stay out of all the other BS that public schools get involved in.

It means that you do not have the capacity to understand the real problem and thereby unable to make an informed and viable opinion on the subject.

That's a pretty bold assumption you're making there on no evidence. Proof positive that you're a Republican. It looks to me that it's YOU who is projecting your inability to understand the problems.

Exactly. Abandoning our public education will result in a less educated populace.

If home school parents would just be nearly so involved in their kids' public education, their kids will fare just as well. Better, even.

I'd rather see the business community and leaders telling educators which skills and courses students need to be taking to help students compete in a world economy dominated by science and technology. Instead, you have Christian fanatics teaching Creationism and that the Earth is 6000 years old.

This is the real reason why other economies are now surpassing the USA in businesses which specialize in science, technology, and manufacturing. The American economy was built on the backs of the best educated work force in the world, with a public education system that was the envy of the world.

Republicans don't want to fund education in non-white areas, and has defunded inner city schools to dangerous levels across the South.

I don’t see where it is anyone else’s where a person chooses to go to school.

It is for families to decide and all you that have a problem with it, it really isn’t your problem and your opinions are worth nothing. Maybe we all need to learn how to mind our own business.

I don’t see where it is anyone else’s where a person chooses to go to school.

It is for families to decide and all you that have a problem with it, it really isn’t your problem and your opinions are worth nothing. Maybe we all need to learn how to mind our own business.
MYOB for the win!

Republicans don't want to fund education in non-white areas...
aaaaa.gif

My cousin's wife started a Catholic grade school with traditional curriculum and teaching methods. None of the Common Core crap, or social emotional crap, or other progressive crap. Rote memorization - like times tables - is key to the curriculum. Public schools call that drill and kill and they don't like that! Long waitlist immediately and she is starting up a second one. Parents are starving for schools that just focus of doing a great job of teaching the subjects and stay out of all the other BS that public schools get involved in.

But then how do the little kiddies learn that they're supposed to love and serve the state?

AOC.jpeg

That's a pretty bold assumption you're making there on no evidence. Proof positive that you're a Republican. It looks to me that it's YOU who is projecting your inability to understand the problems.
When I posted what I said to him it was fairly obvious that he flat out does not understand parental rights even though I clearly pointed it out but didn't mention the term "parental rights".

Parents understand parental rights. Those who never have needed to parent their own child find the term obscure and are disjointed from it. Single men who have no children are somewhat dumbfounded by the idea. That's why I said that he doesn't have the capacity....he is not a parent.

Your child, your own flesh and blood is under a lot of pressure, when outside your home, to try all the temptations and illicit things in the world. And the world is hungry to corrupt them. Like using foul language. What benefit is it to teach a three year old to say the "f bomb" other than to cause problems? But people think it's great fun. They don't have to deal with the consequences nor do they care about the wellbeing of your child. But people do it all the time. Usurping parental rights Never is acceptable.

Parents fight this stuff constantly when their child is in school. And you have to know how to deal with it wisely and carefully or crush the child's spirit and make him a rebellious idiot. But not all parents are good at dealing with this garbage. (Kids don't come with an instruction manual)

Parental Rights are something that only becomes important when you are always considering your child's future. (Because you are a parent) Otherwise it's nothing that you would ever consider.

Then there's those who should have been homeschooled but weren't.

And according to the article the "juvenile " has also been involved in fighting in Jail while awaiting trial and sentencing.

When I posted what I said to him it was fairly obvious that he flat out does not understand parental rights even though I clearly pointed it out but didn't mention the term "parental rights".

Parents understand parental rights. Those who never have needed to parent their own child find the term obscure and are disjointed from it. Single men who have no children are somewhat dumbfounded by the idea. That's why I said that he doesn't have the capacity....he is not a parent.

Your child, your own flesh and blood is under a lot of pressure, when outside your home, to try all the temptations and illicit things in the world. And the world is hungry to corrupt them. Like using foul language. What benefit is it to teach a three year old to say the "f bomb" other than to cause problems? But people think it's great fun. They don't have to deal with the consequences nor do they care about the wellbeing of your child. But people do it all the time. Usurping parental rights Never is acceptable.

Parents fight this stuff constantly when their child is in school. And you have to know how to deal with it wisely and carefully or crush the child's spirit and make him a rebellious idiot. But not all parents are good at dealing with this garbage. (Kids don't come with an instruction manual)

Parental Rights are something that only becomes important when you are always considering your child's future. (Because you are a parent) Otherwise it's nothing that you would ever consider.

What a load of codswallop that truly is!!!!

"Parental rights" are a boondoggle radicals use to try to force schools to indoctrinate children into their rabid political political ideology, and to ban books they fear their children reading.
Then there's those who should have been homeschooled but weren't.

And according to the article the "juvenile " has also been involved in fighting in Jail while awaiting trial and sentencing.

The juvenile is autistic and violently so, should not have been in a public school in the first place. I also don't see how he can be sent to prison since he doesn't have any comprehension that violence is wrong and has no ability to form intent. If imprisoned, he will likely end up dead.

From your link:

"Depa’s attorneys have stressed his mental condition, and argued he wasn’t competent to stand trial before Perkins nixed that effort ahead of the plea."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back