Hmmm..Should I keep it?

vel, I think you're keeping her. From the photo she looks like a Sheltie, am I right? If so, you're in for some of the best cuddling and loving you've ever had from a dog. I had one growing up, and no dog I've ever had since has been able to replace Lad in my heart.

I had to give up my horse a couple months ago, and that nearly killed me, emotionally. When I move I'm going to have to leave my cat behind (with my roommates), and that's going to rip me apart inside again. So I understand the hole that these animals can leave in our hearts and our souls. Love that little fluffball with all your heart and it'll help ease the loss of your older friend when it comes.

Thanks. You're close. She's a tri-color collie. And please accept my sympathy for the loss of your horse. I know how difficult it is.

Sorry to read that your old dog is fading, Vel.

What do to about that puppy?

Flip a coin. Call heads for keeping it

While the coin is in the air, then you'll KNOW what you hope the outcome of the toss it.

Ignore the outcome and do THAT.

Thanks. My old girl has had a good life. She's a Great Pyrenees and is already older than I ever expected that she'd be. But who knows, I got the Pyr when my last Collie turned ten thinking that she wouldn't be with me much longer and then she lived another 5 years.

vel, I think you're keeping her. From the photo she looks like a Sheltie, am I right? If so, you're in for some of the best cuddling and loving you've ever had from a dog. I had one growing up, and no dog I've ever had since has been able to replace Lad in my heart.

I had to give up my horse a couple months ago, and that nearly killed me, emotionally. When I move I'm going to have to leave my cat behind (with my roommates), and that's going to rip me apart inside again. So I understand the hole that these animals can leave in our hearts and our souls. Love that little fluffball with all your heart and it'll help ease the loss of your older friend when it comes.

Anachronism's suggestion as to what to do with the puppy: keep her, but then ignore her.

Thanks. You're close. She's a tri-color collie. And please accept my sympathy for the loss of your horse. I know how difficult it is.

You're welcome. I wasn't sure how old she was. She's really a cutie. Lots of love and affection in those eyes, and I love the ears.

Thanks for the kind words. With certain things going on in life I just had to let Dyre go. He's at a great place up in Maine now with new people who love him to death and who he really likes. That made it a little easier to let him go, but it still tore me up inside. Just gotta remember the good times.

Seeing that the dog is a collie, you should make Echo happy and name her "Austin"

So this is a replacement for the spouse?

I'd rather have a puppy than a spouse ... :doubt:
3067138740_a0a6ab3e1e_o.jpg

I'm known for not being a big fan of dogs. They smell and leave huge landmines everywhere.

But, if you promise not to tell my wife I said this, I think that one is a keeper. Actually quite cute.

Now remember you promised not to tell my wife I said that.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I make it a habit to bring in a new puppy or kitty when one of mine is aging fast. It brings added joy to the old loved one, usually, and helps me bridge the gap of losing without another to love. There will still be time to grieve your friend of many years..it just won't hurt as much and another needs your guidance and warmth and you might find that you need theirs. :)

I was minding my own business when my spouse gets home from work, gets out of the car and sets this...

DSC00816.jpg

on the ground. My very old dog is within weeks of no longer being with me and I had already told my family NOT to show up with a new dog so what does he do?

And yes..she stays..

Meet Aubree..Bree for short.. :) The cat is NOT happy about this.

Forum List

Back