Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead pushes state pols to replace antiquated Electoral College system

Why is it ok that when you vote for the Governor of your state, it goes by popular vote... where a person who lives in a big city, their vote is just as equal as someone that lives in BFE, but when voting for the President it is different?

Because each state votes according to the rules set forth in their constitutions. In each state the system works the same way. The same people vote for the governor irregardless of the size of the state's population. There doesn't need to be a special system put in place to help determine who is elected governor.

The EC is specifically designed by the US Constitution to dictate the composure of the US Government only. Forcing states to comply with the same system would be a violation of the 10th Amendment. The states have their way, the federal government has its own.

Last edited:
Damn shame isn't it? More folks voted for Hillary but we still have to put up with that red faced, orange haired monkey for the next four years!

If the popular vote mattered, Trump would have chased that and he'd have likely won. Don't knock Trump for being a success. And it's not his fault you're inadequate. If you don't like the Constitution, then leave the country. You're not welcome, we have no place for you.

Why is it ok that when you vote for the Governor of your state, it goes by popular vote... where a person who lives in a big city, their vote is just as equal as someone that lives in BFE, but when voting for the President it is different?

Because each state votes according to the rules set forth in their Constitutions. In each state the system works the same way. The same people vote for the governor irregardless of the size of the state's population. There doesn't need to be a special system put in place to help determine who is elected governor.

The EC is specifically designed by the US Constitution to dictate the composure of the US Government only. Forcing states to comply with the same system would be a violation of the 10th Amendment.

That doesn't justify ditching the EC to me. Saying, "Well that's just the way it is in the laws," isn't a good reason. If every person's vote is going to be weighed based on where they live in the Presidential election, it should be the same way in the states to vote for Governor, or, the Presidential election should be by popular vote the same way the voting is for Governor in the states. They both fit the same situations.

I'm sorry I used BFE, but it is just a common slang that I've been told and used my entire life. I'm amazed someone that lives in the U.S. has never heard it, to be quite honest.

That doesn't justify ditching the EC to me. Saying, "Well that's just the way it is in the laws," isn't a good reason. If every person's vote is going to be weighed based on where they live in the Presidential election, it should be the same way in the states to vote for Governor, or, the Presidential election should be by popular vote the same way the voting is for Governor in the states. They both fit the same situations.

My state has 152 counties. America has 50 states. Now you tell me how you would apply a similar system to my state's electoral process.

My state has 152 counties. America has 50 states. Now you tell me how you would apply a similar system to my state's electoral process.

How many Representative to the House of Representatives?

Damn shame isn't it? More folks voted for Hillary but we still have to put up with that red faced, orange haired monkey for the next four years!

No Republican has legitimately won a Presidential election since Bush in 1988. Thanks to Repug voter suppression efforts in several states, democracy is on life support in this country.

The Republican Party is fascist. The Republican Party is evil. The Republican Party does not believe in democracy. Fuck them all.

No Republican has legitimately won a Presidential election since Bush in 1988. Thanks to Repug voter suppression efforts in several states, democracy is on life support in this country.

The Republican Party is fascist. The Republican Party is evil. The Republican Party does not believe in democracy. Fuck them all.

Why lie? Answer: Because you're foolish, dumb, dishonest and most of all weak.

Why lie? Answer: Because you're foolish, dumb, dishonest and most of all weak.

Not a lie at all, fascist. You mother fuckers are evil and you don't believe in democracy. Stealing elections and suppressing the votes of minorities is the M.O. for the Nazi Repug Party.

There you go. Take those same districts and create State Electors based on those same districts.

Dub just can't accept reality even after Hillary lost BOTH the Electoral Collega AND The Popular Vote....

How many Representatives to the House of Representatives?

There you go. Take those same districts and create State Electors based on those same districts.

Under what criteria? How do you apportion the electors?

Each State Representative has equal power in Congress right? So their districts would have the same power electing the Governor. The electors would be appointed based on the electors are chosen by their state party leaders.

Each State Representative has equal power in Congress right? So their districts would have the same power electing the Governor. The electors would be appointed based on the electors are chosen by their state party leaders.

Interesting concept. I applaud the thought you put into that.

But that kind of system works better on a national basis. It gets way too complicated to apply a similar system in all 50 states.

Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead pushes state pols to replace antiquated Electoral College system

That would take a Constitutional Amendment, tard. You people tried this after your hissy fit in 2000 and it didn't go anywhere.

Hell.....Bush didn't just get his ass kicked by the popular vote if his brother Jeb and Kathlene Harris hadn't screwed the election into the 5-4 supreme court Gore would have assumed office. Just think.....if Gore had been president we would have never gone into Iraq and 4500 American soldiers would not have died in the sand. 'Course the Bush's arch enemy Saddam Hussein wouldn't have been taken out early either.

Forum List

Back