Here's something to think about.......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Last evening, at my second trip back to my local Buffalo Wild Wings since the lifting of the lock down, I joined a conservative friend of mine there. My best and VERY liberal friend, wasn't there. My conservative friend and I started chatting about how hard it must have been financially for most of the employees there because of the lock down. We talked of the bartender/server who was working last night. I had talked to her this past Wednesday, my first night back at the BWW. She said she hadn't worked at all for almost two months, but she was doing OK because she always is smart with her finances and always looking ahead and is prepared for things like the lock down. It helps that she's single, with no kids, but she does have a beloved doggy to care for. I told my conservative friend that I gave this employee $20.00 Wednesday night, just to help her out. And he told ME he had done the same the first time HE was back at the BWW. And talking with my best VERY liberal friend this past Wednesday night, he didn't seem too concerned about the plight of the employees at the BWW. So the gist of my rambling is that, yes, in my experience, conservatives are MUCH more generous than liberals and Dems in actually caring for and helping others out. Libs and Dems like to TALK big about how MUCH they care for others, but it's ALL just talk, unfortunately. And I've found that Libs and Dems WILL help others, but only if there's something in it for THEM.

Last evening, at my second trip back to my local Buffalo Wild Wings since the lifting of the lock down, I joined a conservative friend of mine there. My best and VERY liberal friend, wasn't there. My conservative friend and I started chatting about how hard it must have been financially for most of the employees there because of the lock down. We talked of the bartender/server who was working last night. I had talked to her this past Wednesday, my first night back at the BWW. She said she hadn't worked at all for almost two months, but she was doing OK because she always is smart with her finances and always looking ahead and is prepared for things like the lock down. It helps that she's single, with no kids, but she does have a beloved doggy to care for. I told my conservative friend that I gave this employee $20.00 Wednesday night, just to help her out. And he told ME he had done the same the first time HE was back at the BWW. And talking with my best VERY liberal friend this past Wednesday night, he didn't seem too concerned about the plight of the employees at the BWW. So the gist of my rambling is that, yes, in my experience, conservatives are MUCH more generous than liberals and Dems in actually caring for and helping others out. Libs and Dems like to TALK big about how MUCH they care for others, but it's ALL just talk, unfortunately. And I've found that Libs and Dems WILL help others, but only if there's something in it for THEM.
Libs want to FORCE you to "contribute" to the causes THEY deem important.

THAT is how they "contribute"

Liberals disingenuously claim that the government taking your money at gun point is "charity."
No they don’t.
They have here many times. In fact, some liberal assholes have claimed that just buying a pack of gum with a sales tax is the same thing as reaching into the pocket and making a real donation to a real charity or, unimaginable to most liberals, actually getting off their asses and helping someone - anyone - out in a real way.

Liberals disingenuously claim that the government taking your money at gun point is "charity."
No they don’t.
They have here many times. In fact, some liberal assholes have claimed that just buying a pack of gum with a sales tax is the same thing as reaching into the pocket and making a real donation to a real charity or, unimaginable to most liberals, actually getting off their asses and helping someone - anyone - out in a real way.
There is a certain amount of hyperbole in your posts. ‘Some” is the operative word in the first part of your post. In the second part, helping anyone in a “meaningful way“ is not anathema nor unimaginable to “most liberals”. But of course the question is how you define “meaningful way”.

Most liberals I know have given to charity. I have paid my employees full salaries during this lockdown though they may be at home. I wonder how many conservative business owners can say the same. BTW without one dime of assistance from any government program.

Last edited:

Most liberals I know have given to charity. ...

You're lying.
No I am not, asshole.

Instead of thinking with your dick, if you had asked me how many employees I had, you may have discovered I have a small business and these folks have been with me for well over a decade. But hey whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Last edited:
It's very true, bluzman61, and I have noticed it for many years. Just last night as I was visiting with a liberal friend in her house we were having this very discussion. Schoolteachers are notoriously tight when it comes to tipping anyone for anything and I mentioned that to her since she taught school for years. She was denying being "cheap" which is what she is but can't admit it, even when sending gifts to relatives or friends she buys second-hand books at Goodwill and sends, them off, late. lol Her house is a mess and like you would imagine a hoarders' house to look like. She confesses to being "frugal" but is in favor of all stimulus bills and free everything for everybody and of course no borders at all. Anyway, she does have a great wit and we can laugh and be honest together and so I value the relationship and so does she. I tell her we are The Odd Couple. We laugh.

But last night as we were discussing stinginess she was denying the implied association as I said I always heard a person who is tight with their money is often tight with their hearts, she came off the couch in denial. So, I asked her when was the last time she ever contributed to any kind of charity. She couldn't remember and then fired back at me asking when the last time I had done so. I cited, most recently, donating to Shelley Luther's, USMB members GoFundMe accounts as well as the food pantry in recent weeks in our large uber-liberal city, Portland as well as a monthly amount to our small-town local food pantry, then asked her if I should go on. <grin> She was stumped and became visibly stiff.

We changed the subject and had a great three hours chatting and laughing about many things. I live by often heard directives my dad delivered to my brother and me: This above all: to thine own self be true. ( Thanks Shakespeare and Dad ) And to my very own aspirations, the Golden Rule. ;)

It's very true, bluzman61, and I have noticed it for many years. Just last night as I was visiting with a liberal friend in her house we were having this very discussion. Schoolteachers are notoriously tight when it comes to tipping anyone for anything and I mentioned that to her since she taught school for years. She was denying being "cheap" which is what she is but can't admit it, even when sending gifts to relatives or friends she buys second-hand books at Goodwill and sends, them off, late. lol Her house is a mess and like you would imagine a hoarders' house to look like. She confesses to being "frugal" but is in favor of all stimulus bills and free everything for everybody and of course no borders at all. Anyway, she does have a great wit and we can laugh and be honest together and so I value the relationship and so does she. I tell her we are The Odd Couple. We laugh.

But last night as we were discussing stinginess she was denying the implied association as I said I always heard a person who is tight with their money is often tight with their hearts, she came off the couch in denial. So, I asked her when was the last time she ever contributed to any kind of charity. She couldn't remember and then fired back at me asking when the last time I had done so. I cited, most recently, donating to Shelley Luther's, USMB members GoFundMe accounts as well as the food pantry in recent weeks in our large uber-liberal city, Portland as well as a monthly amount to our small-town local food pantry, then asked her if I should go on. <grin> She was stumped and became visibly stiff.

We changed the subject and had a great three hours chatting and laughing about many things. I live by often heard directives my dad delivered to my brother and me: This above all: to thine own self be true. ( Thanks Shakespeare and Dad ) And to my very own aspirations, the Golden Rule. ;)
Thanks for your wonderful reply, AquaAthena.

...Schoolteachers are notoriously tight when it comes to tipping anyone for anything ...
That is complete bullshit.
Not from my oversight observations. Ask any server or others who know their customers well who are the cheapest tippers. And YES, there are exceptions. A high school principal was one of my best customers and he tipped very well every two weeks. Nurses are often generous tippers or at least they were. The consumers I am addressing are middle-class taxpayers, not those unemployed with very limited incomes.

I have been self-employed in three industries with two of them having employees who really needed their tip monies and I told them, "EARN IT." Be the best. Treat people with high respect and courtesy and friendliness and offer the best service. Most of you will be rewarded. Meanwhile, I am paying you way more than minimum wage when I don't have to, to encourage you to have superior customer service skills and "ATTITUDE".

Thanks for your wonderful reply, AquaAthena.
Thank you, as well, for your courteous response to my post. :)

When unkotare or any other posters choose to use expletives in a response to my post I typically do not respond. They are not in the mood to be civil.

I have things to do now so catch you later, my good and generous of heart pal, bluzman61. :love_ya4:

Forum List

Back