Nov 26, 2015
Sonny Barger has left the building. The Original 1%er

Rest in Peace and Rise in Glory.

FWen3BvUEAA2pYX

Sonny Barger has left the building. The Original 1%er

Rest in Peace and Rise in Glory.

FWen3BvUEAA2pYX
Tremendous American, no doubt about it.

He would have made a great Secretary of Transportation, although I'm not sure what party he belonged to.

" I am not no peace freak, by any sense of the word. And you can call them people flower children and this and that. Some of them people was loaded on some drugs. That it's just too bad we wasn't loaded on, because, they come runnin' off of the hill yellin': ahhh-ahhhh-ahhhh! You know and jump on somebody and it wasn't even always jumpin' on Angels. But, when they jumped on an Angel, they got hurt."- Sonny Barger, December 1969

Barger definitely opposed the liberal counterculture of his day.

Barger set up the Bay Area distribution for Angel Dust, also known as PCP. As many times as I saw him, he was always high on something, but never Angel Dust. Cocaine usually.

He was getting guns from the cartels and selling them to the black panthers. Then he turned the guys he sold them to into the FBI. He thought that would protect him from prosecution from drug sales. Nope. Ralphie went to prison anyway.

You had a big run. Say hi to Leo for me.

Self described "gonzo journalist" Hunter Thompson spent a couple of years with the Angels writing a book and was finally beaten up and ousted. Thompson took his own life at 67.

Tucker flew out the CA to pay tribute to a murdering, drug dealing career criminal. WTF?

Tucker flew out the CA to pay tribute to a murdering, drug dealing career criminal. WTF?

Mr. Barger was exonerated of murder by a jury of his peers.

And he wasn't a "career criminal" but a leader of one of America's premier motorcycle clubs.

What's interesting here is how Mr. Carlson was true to himself during his brief appearance at the great biker's requiem. He wore a nice Brooks Brothers type shirt, appropriate for a man of upper crust breeding, instead of getting into costume with a biker jacket, bare arms and tattoos being flashed. He spoke in the same tone as he always does as an Ivy trained journalist, didn't try to imitate the talk of motorcycle toughs.

And the people respected that, the Angels in attendance understood that Mr. Carlso wasn't one of them and wasn't pretending to, he was just an American of different class who was here to honor the fallen hero.

That's the difference here- whether its the fake Negro accept of Hillary Clinton or the full street thug costume of Uncle John Festerman, rich libs try to pull the wool over the people's eyes and try to make them believe that they are one of them.

Forum List

Back