HeartBroken: A-f'in-gain

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Dammit.

I was dating this girl. We were technically seeing other people, though I THOUGHT we had deep affection for each other. All the sudden she's in love with this other guy she's been talking to for several months, but didn't consider dating, until she met him in person. This dude swept her off her feet in a matter of a few days. M'ther f'er. He started using the M word. Marriage. This word made her go loony for him.

Now, I'm just some dude she used to see. I loved this girl and this sucks.

Any advice or pity or anything? From anyone? Libs? Here's a chance to kick me. I'm down.

• Banned
Mr. P said:
Sorry, rwa. Been there.

Yeah. Hey. Wanna go drinking at lunchtime!

The bucketshop at lenox!

I understand if no, I've only been a fuckhead to ya, most of the time!

If you ever want to feel REALLY good about your relationship, ask how mine is doing.

:-/

:(

Sometimes it helps to get mad...you know, the whole 'B|tches ain't sh|t but hoes and tricks...' kinda mad.

But then, you're just angry and lonly. :(

Sorry about how bummed you are. It sucks and only time will make it better.

• Banned
-=d=- said:
If you ever want to feel REALLY good about your relationship, ask how mine is doing.

:-/

Sometimes it helps to get mad...you know, the whole 'B|tches ain't sh|t but hoes and tricks...' kinda mad.

But then, you're just angry and lonly. :(

Sorry about how bummed you are. It sucks and only time will make it better.

Yeah. I've been following your travails as you've gone along. I feel your pain.

I'm going between anger, pain, and frenetic plans to drive by her house, so she can come outside and tell me she REALLY likes me better.

rtwngAvngr said:
Dammit.

I was dating this girl. We were technically seeing other people, though I THOUGHT we had deep affection for each other. All the sudden she's in love with this other guy she's been talking to for several months, but didn't consider dating, until she met him in person. This dude swept her off her feet in a matter of a few days. M'ther f'er. He started using the M word. Marriage. This word made her go loony for him.

Now, I'm just some dude she used to see. I loved this girl and this sucks.

Any advice or pity or anything? From anyone? Libs? Here's a chance to kick me. I'm down.

Advice, when you get the next one don't go letting her see other people if you love her. It does not behoove you in keeping your girl to have her dating other people.

If you had used the M word earlier on, or at least asked for a Commitment (C word works wonders when M word is just too early) you likely would still have your girl.

It sounds like the girl is on the hunt for the Real Deal, and you hadn't offered that to her.

I am sympathetic, but if you weren't looking for marriage then she did you a favor. If you were looking for marriage, you should have asked for that commitment. Remember engagements can last for a while...

I hope you find what you are seeking.

• Banned
no1tovote4 said:
Advice, when you get the next one don't go letting her see other people if you love her. It does not behoove you in keeping your girl to have her dating other people.

If you had used the M word earlier on, or at least asked for a Commitment (C word works wonders when M word is just too early) you likely would still have your girl.

It sounds like the girl is on the hunt for the Real Deal, and you hadn't offered that to her.

I am sympathetic, but if you weren't looking for marriage then she did you a favor. If you were looking for marriage, you should have asked for that commitment. Remember engagements can last for a while...

I hope you find what you are seeking.

Exactly right. the problem is Im a mess, and avoiding fixing my shit with vassalation and short term thrills.

That's vacillation; I'm no sharecropper.

rtwngAvngr said:
Exactly right. the problem is Im a mess, and avoiding fixing my shit with vassalation and short term thrills.

That's vacillation; I'm no sharecropper.

One of the things about engagement is that you can still break it off and it makes it very clear that nobody should be meeting or dating others...

no1tovote4 said:
One of the things about engagement is that you can still break it off and it makes it very clear that nobody should be meeting or dating others...

Yep. He's a player. He outplayed me.

Mr. P said:
If he is a "player" she'll be dumped..
Question is, will you take her back?
I would'nt.

He actually sounds like an ok guy.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well, I guess she thinks so..You have two choices the way I see it...both are difficult.

1. Move on
or
2. Move on

D said it...
It sucks and only time will make it better.

That in fact, is the truth...it sucks, but it's true.

Believe me, it could be worse.

Mr. P said:
Well, I guess she thinks so..You have two choices the way I see it...both are difficult.

1. Move on
or
2. Move on

D said it...

That in fact, is the truth...it sucks, but it's true.

Believe me, it could be worse.

I know. I'm actually glad to know I can still have feelings again.

rtwngAvngr said:

No he's not. He is an evil, rotten bastard who is responsible for your heart being ripped out of your chest and stomped upon.

But I digress...

Seriously...she made her choice. Somewhat misguided I would say. I am assuming he and her were an Internet relationship - all nice talk..then they met for the first time and that was that?

Again, she made her choice. Him over you. It sucks. Life does go on. The sun will still come up.

If you still want a relationship with her, be her friend. Be there when and if she wants to talk. Don't wait around for her, but be nice and caring when you two do talk.

If his intentions are less than honorable, she will find out and you will be the one who shines.

If they end up getting married, then you haven't lost anything for being there for her.

Hell, she might invite you to the wedding and then you will meet someone there!

GotZoom said:
No he's not. He is an evil, rotten bastard who is responsible for your heart being ripped out of your chest and stomped upon.

But I digress...

Seriously...she made her choice. Somewhat misguided I would say. I am assuming he and her were an Internet relationship - all nice talk..then they met for the first time and that was that?

Again, she made her choice. Him over you. It sucks. Life does go on. The sun will still come up.

If you still want a relationship with her, be her friend. Be there when and if she wants to talk. Don't wait around for her, but be nice and caring when you two do talk.

If his intentions are less than honorable, she will find out and you will be the one who shines.

If they end up getting married, then you haven't lost anything for being there for her.

Hell, she might invite you to the wedding and then you will meet someone there!

Again, spot on analysis from another member of our lauded home on the web.

You, sir, are correct.

Zhukov said:
Get drunk, get all that emotion out of your system, then allow your heart to re-cool into a shriveled black block of ice that sits like a stone at the bottom of the fog shrouded quiescent lake of your soul.

Yeah. That's what I always do.

Forum List

Back