HBO mini-series - I know this much is true.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
WINNER.
This is a great mini-series.
I had no idea of the acting chops Mark Ruffalo has. He is outstanding in this series.
Dark, depressing and hopeless is the theme. Nothing ever goes right. Down to the last episode this guys life is a long series of bad luck, misfortunes and crushing circumstances.
But maybe... there is a reason why all this bad stuff just keeps happening to him.

Why watch it then? If for no other reason but to experience an actor perfectly performing his craft. The story is interesting. Sorta like watching a car crash. You just keep watching it.

This is a good one. You think the trailer is good?
The show is better. Rare.

What's to like? The acting? A politically motivated schizophrenic does bodily harm to himself and he is comforted by his brother? No thanx.

WINNER.
I had no idea of the acting chops Mark Ruffalo has. He is outstanding in this series.
Dark, depressing and hopeless is the theme. Nothing ever goes right. Down to the last episode this guys life is a long series of bad luck, misfortunes and crushing circumstances.
But maybe... there is a reason why all this bad stuff just keeps happening to him.

Why watch it then? If for no other reason but to experience an actor perfectly performing his craft. The story is interesting. Sorta like watching a car crash. You just keep watching it.

Sounds pretty depressing. I have enough of that in my life so I don't think I need more of it under the guise of entertainment.

WINNER.

Sounds pretty depressing. I have enough of that in my life so I don't think I need more of it under the guise of entertainment.

I get that. And why I wrote what I did. Like all movies, it isn't for everyone.

WINNER.

I get that. And why I wrote what I did. Like all movies, it isn't for everyone.

Very true. My daughter went through a hellashish divorce years ago and to this day she can't watch movies about families breaking up. Last night I watched "The Children's Hour", a fine move made in 1961 from the play by Lillian Hellman. It was about two school teachers (Shirley McLaine and Audrey Hepburn) who set up a small private school. A vicious rumor about them being lesbians started by a young girl destroys their school and their lives and the movie ends in tragedy. I knew the story before I watch it but because of cast and director I decided to watch. I can't say I hated movie but I can say, I hated the way it made me feel after watching.

Forum List

Back