Hawaiian Govt Employee Who Sent False Alert Refusing to Cooperate in Investigation

I had heard that and it makes me wonder why in the world not? Makes no sense.
More stinky poo from Dem controlled areas.

"The offending employee has not been identified. Here is a wild guess,” John Hinderaker writes at Power Line. “the employee who ‘pushed the wrong button’ is a fanatical anti-Trump Democrat who believed that causing hysteria over a presumed North Korean missile attack would somehow make the president look bad. If that guess is incorrect, maybe the anonymous employee should start cooperating with the investigation.”

Hawaiian Who Sent False Missile Alert Won't Cooperate With Investigation

I had heard that and it makes me wonder why in the world not? Makes no sense.

"The offending employee has not been identified. Here is a wild guess,” John Hinderaker writes at Power Line. “the employee who ‘pushed the wrong button’ is a fanatical anti-Trump Democrat who believed that causing hysteria over a presumed North Korean missile attack would somehow make the president look bad. If that guess is incorrect, maybe the anonymous employee should start cooperating with the investigation.”

It makes sense if it was intentional.

:bsflag:
speculation because that made-up scenario would help a certain political agenda, namely Drumpf's. Has no basis in fact.

Causing mass hysteria is a punishable crime, it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater, and would do nothing but cause chaos. It would not make people like or dislike Drumpf, unless he was directly connected with the false alarm.
Yep, and only one reason that person would yell fire in the theater.
So you're saying the false alarm was a direct order from Trump?

Or he could be exercising his constitutional rights.
What rights would those be? It is not a criminal case. Yet. But looks like it will be. Yet another crazy leftist sending millions into a panic. Just lucky no one died in the panic or it would be murder.

Pleading the 5th does not mean he is guilty. It could mean he knows that right now they are looking for a scapegoat.

A scapegoat for what? Someone clicked the wrong button. S/He got careless. Most folks understand that shit /if/ the person steps forward and owns up to the mistake, shows some remorse for it. S/He already got transferred so not having them on that job anymore is enough "punishment" for most folks.

Refusing to own up to the mistake and apologize, much less refusing to tell the officials what happened, they're just going to bring calls for firing down on themselves, as you can see in this thread already. Choices one makes I guess. ~shrug~
Maybe he was taking a bootie call while on duty and one of them fell on the switch. :0

Wasn't the 34 minute delay caused because the mayor or governor had forgotten the password to access the system? Please remember: We are dealing with a totally blue state here. You can't expect much.

Or he could be exercising his constitutional rights.
What rights would those be? It is not a criminal case. Yet. But looks like it will be. Yet another crazy leftist sending millions into a panic. Just lucky no one died in the panic or it would be murder.

Pleading the 5th does not mean he is guilty. It could mean he knows that right now they are looking for a scapegoat.
He is not pleading the 5th.
What's your next lie?

No lies told or needed.

Until we know the details of what actually happened, blaming a single individual is ridiculous.
You lied, no Constitutional Rights were mentioned.
Only one reason the person solely responsible for making the decision to frighten millions to death would not cooperate with the investigation.

I never said that WAS the reason. I simply suggested it as a possibility. Since neither of us knows for sure, to claim I lied and you are right is just bullshit. But that isn't surprising.

Hawaii is such an incompetently, stupidly run state, that during the thriving '90s, when the rest of the country was making money hand over first, Hawaii's economy was still utterly crippled outside of a few heavy tourist areas and always will be. Honolulu has always had a colorful history of Maori gangs and methamphetamine abuse. I've visited there a dozen times over the past 20-something years and once lived there for a few months.

Still seems the agency has a responsibility in this somewhere beyond forgetting the password to shut it down.

The whole excuse of 'pushing the wrong button' was the agencies.

This whole story stinks..........and story it is

Considering the vital nature of this public notification system it is critically important that the reason for the malfunction be clearly understood. So if this fellow refuses to cooperate with the investigators charge him with deliberately initiating a false alarm and let him defend himself. If he chooses not to, convict and sentence him.

What's your next lie?

No lies told or needed.

Until we know the details of what actually happened, blaming a single individual is ridiculous.
Only one reason the person solely responsible for making the decision to frighten millions to death would not cooperate with the investigation.

I never said that WAS the reason. I simply suggested it as a possibility. Since neither of us knows for sure, to claim I lied and you are right is just bullshit. But that isn't surprising.
Show us where the person took the 5th, liar dufus.

You leftards lie even for the petty crap. It just comes natural, like a heart beating.

What's your next lie?

No lies told or needed.

You leftards lie even for the petty crap. It just comes natural, like a heart beating.

Look at what I actually said and see if you can tell the difference between what I posted and stating that that was what he did.

What's your next lie?

No lies told or needed.

And your insistence that I said that was what he did is a lie. Or your grasp of the english language needs work.

I said "Or he could be exercising his constitutional rights". YOu notice the "...he COULD BE..." part of it? That is your first clue.

So spare me the "liar" nonsense.

What's your next lie?

No lies told or needed.

And your insistence that I said that was what he did is a lie. Or your grasp of the english language needs work.

I said "Or he could be exercising his constitutional rights". YOu notice the "...he COULD BE..." part of it? That is your first clue.

Pleading the 5th does not mean he is guilty.
:cuckoo:

No lies told or needed.

Pleading the 5th does not mean he is guilty.
:cuckoo:

Once again, I did not say that was what he did or why he did it. The last quote of mine you added was just a statement of fact.

Now your story is pretty much proven

Hawaii employee mistook drill for real missile attack: U.S. agency

Now your story is pretty much proven

Hawaii employee mistook drill for real missile attack: U.S. agency
Thanks for the link.

“Wiley said the FCC had been unable to interview the employee who issued the alert and was unable to “fully evaluate” the assertion the employee believed it was an actual attack.”

Forum List

Back