Harley-Davidson boycotter caught selling t-shirts made in Haiti, because USA ones are too expensive

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
Chris Cox, founder of Bikers for Trump who just started a boycott of Harley Davidson, was exposed as a hypocrite by the New York Times:

But even Mr. Cox, a South Carolina chain saw artist who carves trees and other objects, could not escape the realities of global supply chains and the high cost of making some products in the United States. While he used to sell American-made T-shirts, the $20 Trump shirts he was selling outside his R.V. were made in Haiti. The American-made shirts proved to be a hard sell.
“If I get a T-shirt made in the U.S.A., it’s going to cost about $8 more,” Mr. Cox said. “I looked far and wide to try to get a shirt made in America, it’s just they get you, they gouge you.”

Trump’s War With Harley-Davidson Has Divided America’s Bikers

Pretty much of a hypocrite myself. While I'm a proponent of laziness I did hold a steady job for 40+ years minus a couple of short intervals when I quit to have more time to find a better one. I guess it comes down to it, one does what they have to do. Thus I'll hold back from casting any stone against Mr.Cox.

• Banned
Pretty much of a hypocrite myself. While I'm a proponent of laziness I did hold a steady job for 40+ years minus a couple of short intervals when I quit to have more time to find a better one. I guess it comes down to it, one does what they have to do. Thus I'll hold back from casting any stone against Mr.Cox.
Harley does what it has to do.

Chris Cox, founder of Bikers for Trump who just started a boycott of Harley Davidson, was exposed as a hypocrite by the New York Times:

But even Mr. Cox, a South Carolina chain saw artist who carves trees and other objects, could not escape the realities of global supply chains and the high cost of making some products in the United States. While he used to sell American-made T-shirts, the $20 Trump shirts he was selling outside his R.V. were made in Haiti. The American-made shirts proved to be a hard sell.
“If I get a T-shirt made in the U.S.A., it’s going to cost about $8 more,” Mr. Cox said. “I looked far and wide to try to get a shirt made in America, it’s just they get you, they gouge you.”

Trump’s War With Harley-Davidson Has Divided America’s Bikers

That is why the Trump Organization of course sells product made outside the United States too.....

I never thought I would see a President of the United States endorse a boycott of a United States manufacturer.....but Harley Davidson made the mistake of pointing out Don the Con's idiocy- and so of course he has to retaliate.

Forum List

Back