Hard to understand why they don't unionize

The number of strikes is going to rise. Nothing bad about it whatsoever.
Every time unions go on strike, the companies end up bankrupt. Go look at Eastern Airlines, or TWA. Perfect examples of taking a good company and demanding the "Moon", be paid and next thing you know, the workers are unemployed.

Every time unions go on strike, the companies end up bankrupt. Go look at Eastern Airlines, or TWA. Perfect examples of taking a good company and demanding the "Moon", be paid and next thing you know, the workers are unemployed.
UPS went on strike multiple times. Doing well. You're full of shit.

Employee unions have done a tremendous amount of good for our country by increasing worker's wages. It's hard to understand why the drug industry hasn't unionized.
These guys at a VW plant in Tennessee learned the hard way....

Well; not really...they haven't learned yet. The whole story is pretty interesting. The highlight was this. The VW plant in Chattanooga rejected a union for the workers. Once the plant was up and running the company (not the union) did what they do with all of their plants, they shut it down for a few days twice a year to perform maintenance and re-tool. During the shut-downs the plant--VW--told the workers they had to use their personal time off (if they had any). Essentially they took 3 vacation days away from their employees twice a year.

That wouldn't happen in a union shop.

In many ways unions are their own worst enemy and do a terrible job marketing themselves.

We're talking about a group of workers getting a fair shake and many are upset about it. That's not a problem American stance. What did you want them to do take it on the chin? Pay cut? What is it you want them to do? Never get a raise? Being against them is a defective point of view.

We're talking about a group of workers getting a fair shake and many are upset about it. That's not a problem American stance. What did you want them to do take it on the chin? Pay cut? What is it you want them to do? Never get a raise? Being against them is a defective point of view.
What is a fair shake? 50 dollars an hour, 100 dollars an hour? And for what? Because they only do enough, what the contract tells them to do? Nothing better, nothing worse. GM, Chrysler and Ford found out in 2007 that, that wasnt good enough and the big 3 all went into bankruptcy. And instead of bailing out the companies, they bailed out the UAW. Fuck the unions, they are shithole Commies.

What is a fair shake? 50 dollars an hour, 100 dollars an hour? And for what? Because they only do enough, what the contract tells them to do? Nothing better, nothing worse. GM, Chrysler and Ford found out in 2007 that, that wasnt good enough and the big 3 all went into bankruptcy. And instead of bailing out the companies, they bailed out the UAW. Fuck the unions, they are shithole Commies.
You want them to do more than they are supposed to? For whom? If you want better vehicles that's on the higher ups. The engineers and top brass. Those that make the big bucks. Perhaps they should do more. What do you consider a fair wage? $20 per hour? That's a joke. My painter makes 4x that per hour.

Employee unions have done a tremendous amount of good for our country by increasing worker's wages. It's hard to understand why the drug industry hasn't unionized.

Where did you get the idea that unionization means higher wages for employees? That's the promise that is made by the goombas that come in to muscle union dues, but the only thing that is sure is that that the wise guys will get their share of the payroll.

You want them to do more than they are supposed to? For whom? If you want better vehicles that's on the higher ups. The engineers and top brass. Those that make the big bucks. Perhaps they should do more. What do you consider a fair wage? $20 per hour? That's a joke. My painter makes 4x that per hour.
What brand of car do/did you own?

I have an f150. Trade mine in every 3 to 4 years. Usually have about 11 to 15 k miles.

When i forced to join a union in Maryland to do my job of Electronic/Pneumatic Technician, the Union local 99 didnt have a clue what i was supposed to do, but still paid me on dollar more than the engineers for the building were getting. After i left, and found a non union job, i increased my pay up to 34 dollars an hour because my skills were that much better. If union "workers" are too stupid to know what their skillset is worth, then they deserve to be fucked by the union reps all the time.

Unions over promise and underdeliver, which drives businesses to bankruptcy.

LOL. Unions are a scam. They have found a way to scam workers out of their money in order to make the union leaders rich. That's why the unions were heavily involved in organized crime. That's because it is what they are.

I'm 94 years old. Been retired for over 25 years. I support working people. Why you don't like them is beyond comprehension. I've never understood the hatred for labor. They alone, single hand fly by themselves built the nation.
The Ringleader Brothers' Burn'em and Bailout Circus

Laissez fairies preach the illusion that Wall Street created our economy.

Cash Cows for Corporate Cowboys

If the Scrooges are allowed to own a man's work, they will own that man.

The investors throw money at an activity and think they created it. But the employees create the value of the investment.

If you're not a union man, you're not a man at all. You are a manservant.

Sorry, Sage. But I'm an ex-union man, and was pleased to leave the Food and Commercial Workers union in the 1980's. The legal minimum wage back then was $3.35, the union dictated wage I earned was $3.50. I would do better at a min wage job on a net basis. The union didn't negotiated shit, and I couldn't even legally ask my boss for a raise then, because the union bosses were my "exclusive bargaining agent".

Fortunately, I wasn't barred from quitting and was able to get a job as a Scab in pretty quick order.

Sorry, Sage. But I'm an ex-union man, and was pleased to leave the Food and Commercial Workers union in the 1980's. The legal minimum wage back then was $3.35, the union dictated wage I earned was $3.50. I would do better at a min wage job on a net basis. The union didn't negotiated shit, and I couldn't even legally ask my boss for a raise then, because the union bosses were my "exclusive bargaining agent".

Fortunately, I wasn't barred from quitting and was able to get a job as a Scab in pretty quick order.
Union Members Were Brainwashed to Not Be Union Men

You shouldn't use your own particular experience as a general rule for others. As long as the corporate clique all feel the same way towards their workers, we're stuck with the Man Against Millionaire alternative to unions. Your bosses obviously bribed your union leaders.

The passive and resigned mindset is fallout from the ruling class's either Constitution. Both in the voting booth and the workplace, we're stuck with representatives who only care about themselves. ("It's not a job; it's a position") Voting out union officers only gets the same wannabe CEOs.

Why have the pro athletes' unions been far more successful than any union in history? Because, from childhood on, athletes have been brought up to be proud of their abilities. This should be a lesson to the most exploited workers of all, the employee-inventors. But they are brought up to be meek geeks who betray the genius that has created all the plutocrats' wealth.

Union Members Were Brainwashed to Not Be Union Men

You shouldn't use your own particular experience as a general rule for others. As long as the corporate clique all feel the same way towards their workers, we're stuck with the Man Against Millionaire alternative to unions. Your bosses obviously bribed your union leaders.

The passive and resigned mindset is fallout from the ruling class's either Constitution. Both in the voting booth and the workplace, we're stuck with representatives who only care about themselves. ("It's not a job; it's a position") Voting out union officers only gets the same wannabe CEOs.

Why have the pro athletes' unions been far more successful than any union in history? Because, from childhood on, athletes have been brought up to be proud of their abilities. This should be a lesson to the most exploited workers of all, the employee-inventors. But they are brought up to be meek geeks who betray the genius that has created all the plutocrats' wealth.

If unions were such hot shit, they wouldn't have been in decline since their peak in 1953, and today would have just 6% of the workers as dues payers.

People don't want to pay dues, and they don't want to have to go on strike and do without income at the beckoning of the union bosses.

Forum List

Back