What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Birthday, Neighbor

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
Today would of been the 82nd birthday of one of America's most beloved television hosts ever, Mr. Rogers. One of the greatest things about Mr. Rogers is definitely that when the cameras were turned off, he was still the same person. He not only talked the talk, but walked the walk.

This had to be one of his greatest moments, just in general:

In 1969, Fred Rogers appeared before the United States Senate Subcommittee on Communications. His goal was to support funding for PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, in response to significant proposed cuts by President Nixon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate[/ame]

"I give an expression of care everyday to each child, to help him realize he is unique, I end the program by saying, 'You've made this day a special day, by just your being you. There's no person in the whole world like you, and I like you just the way you are.'"

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
10000239-0-00-00-00_lg.png

L.K.Eder

unbannable non-troll
Reaction score
mr rogers also kind of won the ultimate showdown

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM"]YouTube - Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny[/ame]

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score
the guy was a Navy Seal also....and had tattoos on his arms....why he always wore long sleeves....

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
I wish they still played Mr Rogers in the morning, I would love to watch again.... With my son of course.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
They also need to bring back Pinwheel, and Today's Special. Just sayin

OP
Modbert

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
I wish they still played Mr Rogers in the morning, I would love to watch again.... With my son of course.

And you'll just happen to leave the television on the channel after he goes to school, right? :eusa_whistle: :cool:

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score

And you'll just happen to leave the television on the channel after he goes to school, right? :eusa_whistle: :cool:

One day when he was at daycare, I watched a complete episode of Olivia on Nick Jr. And at a night after he is goes to bed I usually end up watching the Upside Down Show and Yo Gabba Gabba before changing the channel. Most of the time my son doesn't even watch whatever show is on, he is too busy running around. I don't understand how people use the television as a babysitter. lol

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List