Gun problem

I'd return the mag for a new one first if it really is that hard.

I wouldn't recommend altering the spring though. Sure you might be able to load that last round better but it will reduce pressure and can potentially cause jamming problem on the last couple rounds with decreased upward force on the round.

If nothing else load it and load it a bunch of times and store it fully loaded to exercise and compress the spring some.

See if you can buy a official smith and Wesson one. I always try to buy magazines from the manufacturer. I don't know that model so I don't know if they sell one. On the occasion I bought after market ones I had good results with Magpul brand.

Some mags are just really tight when you get to that last round.
My FNX .45 has the same issue,that 15th round is a SOB to load!!
The Maglula solved that problem,and over time you dont need the Maglula.

My daughter in law bought a 9mm sig and gave me back the S&W 380 bodyguard I gave her and I ordered a ten round mag for it.

View attachment 851848

The mags it has came with a 6 round capacity. The new mag from pro mag seems to work ok except when you get to the tenth round it is EXTREMELY hard to load it into the mag. Does anyone now how to fix this? If I take the mag apart and file down the back side of the follower or trim the spring a little would that help? I just wanted ask before I send it back and see if there was some minor thing I could do.
Simple solution is to carry two handguns. If you carried two S&W 380 Bodyguards you would have 9 rounds each or 18 rounds total. If you need more than 18 rounds to stop an attack you need to slow down, stop trying to fill the air with lead and take time to aim your weapon.

Simple solution is to carry two handguns. If you carried two S&W 380 Bodyguards you would have 9 rounds each or 18 rounds total. If you need more than 18 rounds to stop an attack you need to slow down, stop trying to fill the air with lead and take time to aim your weapon.
Why would I aim? The 380 bg is a shotgun.

Why would I aim? The 380 bg is a shotgun.

Goggle S&W .389 Biodyguard

Here’s an image …

1698969422557.jpeg

As far as aiming with a shotgun your have to remember that at short range there really isn’t all that much spread so if you want tohit an attacker in a hallway you better aim the shotgun at him.

snip

Aiming with the Short Stocking Technique
Obviously, when the gun is rotated, we lose our sighting system, whether that’s a simple bead sight or a red dot or whatever. That’s probably not really a huge deal since we are talking about close quarters where we think the threat may be within a couple of feet. But if we come around a corner and there’s a guy across the room or down the hall, we might need to actually aim. Remember, we’re not point shooting at clays or birds up in the air with a 20-foot wide cloud of birdshot. We’ve probably got buckshot in this shotgun and at typical indoor range, that spread is only going to be somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a basketball. So not only do we need to aim in order to hit the target, we also need to aim because every pellet that doesn’t hit the target is going to hit something and we’re accountable for that.
… emphasis added.

Goggle S&W .389 Biodyguard

Here’s an image …

View attachment 852319

As far as aiming with a shotgun your have to remember that at short range there really isn’t all that much spread so if you want tohit an attacker in a hallway you better aim the shotgun at him.

snip

Aiming with the Short Stocking Technique
Obviously, when the gun is rotated, we lose our sighting system, whether that’s a simple bead sight or a red dot or whatever. That’s probably not really a huge deal since we are talking about close quarters where we think the threat may be within a couple of feet. But if we come around a corner and there’s a guy across the room or down the hall, we might need to actually aim. Remember, we’re not point shooting at clays or birds up in the air with a 20-foot wide cloud of birdshot. We’ve probably got buckshot in this shotgun and at typical indoor range, that spread is only going to be somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a basketball. So not only do we need to aim in order to hit the target, we also need to aim because every pellet that doesn’t hit the target is going to hit something and we’re accountable for that.
… emphasis added.
Thats what mine looks like!

Ok, it have loaded the mag with 10 rounds and I'll let it set for a few days and then go shoot it see what happens.

Forum List

Back