Guilty by association

Do you hold yourself accountable?

• Total voters

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
How many of you hold yourselves accountable for the inhumanity perpetuated by your government/military/police?

Why would I hold myself accountable ?

The topic is titled, "Guilty by association"

I believe you are a conscientious participant, but I am asking you to determine for yourself. Then again, why should I expect you to be self accountable when only a small minority of this country has any integrity.

Why would I hold myself accountable ?

The topic is titled, "Guilty by association"

I believe you are a conscious participant, but I am asking you to determine for yourself. Then again, why should I expect you to be self accountable when only a small minority of this country has any integrity.
I take it you have never participated in the political process.

Indeependent said:

No, because in doing so I would make myself party to the injustice and dehumanization sustained by the machine.

I do hold myself accountable for not setting a better example, and I could be doing more for the cause.

Last edited:
No, because in doing so I would make myself party to the injustice and dehumanization sustained by the machine.

I do hold myself accountable for not setting a better example, and I could be doing more for the cause.

Check my quote, people. I never said that.

This boy is playing games. I am considering filing a complaint with the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
This boy is playing games. I am considering filing a complaint with the mods.

No, that is a bug. It has happened over a dozen times, and many people can verify.

The bug was reported to the moderator Westwall and I fix the bug everytime someone brings it up.

Indeependent said:

The political process is dirty as hell itself and you have to have the resources to protect your reputation.

The political process is dirty as hell itself and you have to have the resources to protect your reputation.

What point are you trying to make?

That the solution to cleaning up the political process is participating in the political process?

Someone with Trump's resources or fame can do what you and I can't do.

Interrogative.

How?

Also that implies he could win, which he cannot. Nor do I believe the answer to "fixing" the system (which frankly was always broken) is to put another dumbass crook in power.

The police and military aren't inhumane enough. If it were up to me, just the words "The Americans are coming" would strike fear into the very bowels of someone who needed a little inhumanity.

Someone with Trump's resources or fame can do what you and I can't do.

Interrogative.

How?

Also that implies he could win, which he cannot. Nor do I believe the answer to "fixing" the system (which frankly was always broken) is to put another dumbass crook in power.
If you called out the corruption in any level of government you would be labeled a pedophile, a rapist, incestuous, crooked.
You should have seen what happened about 10 years ago when some new people ran for the Library Board...All the "nice old ladies" behind the checkout desk were spreading rumors.

The police and military aren't inhumane enough. If it were up to me, just the words "The Americans are coming" would strike fear into the very bowels of someone who needed a little inhumanity.

Thank god it isn't up to you.

I do not use humanity in the same context as though. When I reference humanity, I am referring to someones ability to adhere to the human condition.

If you called out the corruption in any level of government you would be labeled a pedophile, a rapist, incestuous, crooked.
You should have seen what happened about 10 years ago when some new people ran for the Library Board...All the "nice old ladies" behind the checkout desk were spreading rumors.

The machine exists to protect the interests of the ruling class, and those at the top of the power trade are its VIP clients.

Believe it or not, even a library board is subject to machination.

Indeependent said:

This fails as a guilt by association fallacy.

This fails as a guilt by association fallacy.

Uh, no.

That fallacy could only be used in the context of proving another argument. The topic is whether people are actually guilty by association. A question cannot be fallacious in itself, unless it is a loaded question.

Happy to school you on logic though.

Forum List

Back