Growing Arab Support For Israel

Saudi Arabia News site: Israeli submarine and boats surveilling Houthis

The Emergence Of Arab Zionism?

As Arabs increasingly turn towards Israel and survival, the West continues in the opposite direction.

https://youtu.be/x0-dBk615Wg
While Western liberals and the U.N. Human Rights Council double down in their determination to demonize, delegitimize and destroy Israel, support for that beleaguered country is coming from a surprising direction.

In 2020, people were startled by the Abraham Accords between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. Hope was kindled that this unprecedented linkage might herald an end to the century-old Arab war against the Jewish state. Now there are signs of a new and related phenomenon: the emergence of Arab Zionists.

In the Jewish Chronicle, Jonathan Sacerdoti has reported that a number of Arab influencers, with hundreds of thousands of followers on social media, have emerged to promote Israel and support the Jews.

A Syrian blogger began a video begging the Israeli government to “occupy” the whole of Syria to save more lives. “The Golan Heights is the only area in Syria that hasn’t been destroyed and had its people killed,” he said.
Read further:

Moroccan Miss Universe shares her impressions from Israel

Last edited:
On Sunday night, while in a restaurant in Riyadh, a local young man sitting next to me asked me from where I was. "Israel," I replied. He laughed, and moved on. Shortly before leaving, he looked at me again and asked, "Israel, really?" I said "yes," to which he replied, "Wow, welcome. We welcome everyone here happily, from all religions."

Saudi Arabia was a pleasant surprise. Friendly. Happy. Not even mentioning Israel brought anyone down. I tested this on several cab drivers and market vendors. Some smiled and shook their head in disbelief or worry, others were curious and struck up a conversation. I wondered if any of them had ever met an Israeli before, or heard Hebrew, but no one made us feel unwelcome in the kingdom, home to the holiest sites of Islam, not even for a moment.

Yoav Limor in Saudi Arabia (Yoav Limor)

Everyone involved in the matter says that Israeli-Saudi ties will warm slowly, step by step, over an extended period of time. But my visit to Riyadh shows the profound change Saudi Arabia is experiencing at this time.

(full article online)

The Emergence Of Arab Zionism?

As Arabs increasingly turn towards Israel and survival, the West continues in the opposite direction.

While Western liberals and the U.N. Human Rights Council double down in their determination to demonize, delegitimize and destroy Israel, support for that beleaguered country is coming from a surprising direction.

In 2020, people were startled by the Abraham Accords between Israel and the United Arab Emirates. Hope was kindled that this unprecedented linkage might herald an end to the century-old Arab war against the Jewish state. Now there are signs of a new and related phenomenon: the emergence of Arab Zionists.

In the Jewish Chronicle, Jonathan Sacerdoti has reported that a number of Arab influencers, with hundreds of thousands of followers on social media, have emerged to promote Israel and support the Jews.

A Syrian blogger began a video begging the Israeli government to “occupy” the whole of Syria to save more lives. “The Golan Heights is the only area in Syria that hasn’t been destroyed and had its people killed,” he said.

Read further:

The Shaping of a New Middle East - Episode 15

The Abraham Accords between Israel, the UAE, and Bahrain opened the door to a new era of cooperation and friendship. What are the roots? What are the pathways? What does the future hold? Join Russell F. Robinson in conversation with Omar Al Busaidy, CEO of Sharaka, U.S., and hear about this tremendous potential and how it’s unfolding.

Intellectuals, journalists and social-media activists in Saudi Arabia directly criticize the Palestinians for not adopting a realistic policy conducive to resolving the conflict with Israel.

Ahead of U.S. President Joe Biden’s planned visit to the Middle East mid-month, it appears that Saudi Arabia is setting the stage for closer relations with Israel.

According to a report by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), intellectuals, journalists and social-media activists in Saudi Arabia have begun openly expressing a more tolerant and even positive attitude towards Israel. They see peace with Jerusalem as inevitable and vital to halting threats to the region by Iran, including a nuclear one.

Saudi-Arabia-880x495.jpg

Many have also directly criticized the Palestinians for not adopting a realistic policy conducive to resolving the conflict with Israel.

So says an article titled “The Fiqh [Jurisprudence] regarding al-siyasa al-shar’iyya Shari’a-based Policy and the State of Israel,” by Dr. Khalid bin Muhammad Al-Yousuf, a senior lecturer on international law at the Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh and the secretary-general of the university’s Supreme Council.

“We must examine these issues and [formulate] a new jurisprudence that addresses reality without deviating from the objectives and principles of the Islamic laws and while preserving the essence of Islam […],” he wrote.

An Israeli television reporter recently visited the holy Muslim city of Mecca, his network reported Monday, days after US President Joe Biden wrapped up a trip that included a direct flight from Israel to the coastal Saudi city of Jeddah.

Iran is losing ground in the Middle East

1082411.jpg

By Mudar Adnan Zahran

Islamic Jihad is directly controlled by Iran. It is an Iranian faction and its members are called “Palestine’s Shiites” by rivals.

Israel recently killed a military leader of the Iran-backed Islamic Jihad terror group in Gaza. Tayseer al-Jabari, who was killed by an Israeli airstrike on 5 August, was the key military commander for the said group and has been considered the group’s leader since 2019. The killing was the first step in what Israel named Operation Breaking Dawn to target Islamic Jihad operations and installations in Gaza.

The timing of the killing and the launch of the operation remains a mystery to some because the Islamic Jihad was not engaged in launching rockets against Israel at the time and the front with Gaza has been quiet since the last major confrontation in May of 2021.

Further, many, including some Israelis, are upping the ante by suggesting the said killing has “unnecessarily” provoked a confrontation. This argument embodies what is wrong with most analysts and so-called experts of the Middle East, they look at tactics and details and fail to see the bigger picture. To understand the bigger picture, one must examine the facts.

Continue reading -

Arabs are learning that they have more important goals than to destroy Israel on behalf of a vanquished nation of no significance.

Forum List

Back