Greatest guitar solo of all time

Jorma Kaukonen of Hot Tuna/Jefferson Airplane, especially his work with H.T.

As a side note, Jack Casady is one of the greatest bass players who ever lived.

I can tell, you enjoy hating Clapton?
Im not hating on him. He is a perfectly fine musician and a great song writer. My issue is with people who think he is anywhere near the top of the list of great guitar players. He was great for his time, but no longer great. He wouldnt even make the top 20,000 greatest guitarists of all time. There are literally that many alive today that are better than he is.

Im not hating on him. He is a perfectly fine musician and a great song writer. My issue is with people who think he is anywhere near the top of the list of great guitar players. He was great for his time, but no longer great. He wouldnt even make the top 20,000 greatest guitarists of all time. There are literally that many alive today that are better than he is.
Now I know you are full of shit!

*at sweep picking and neoclassical patterns

Ask Yngwie Malmsteen to play the blues sometime. You'll get a pentatonic metal solo with a blues note thrown in here and there for "branding". Like this:

I would rather listen to Clapton play the blues. I kind of feel the same way about Bonamassa.

Last edited:
Now I know you are full of shit!
You have zero knowledge of guitar if you think that. You just liked some Clapton songs and you heard people claim he was awesome for decades. That isnt proof of his ability. Every generation is better than the last. This goes for all sports, and musical instruments, dancers, actors, etc. Every generation is better than the last because, they learn from the previous generation and then improve on it.

Here is a great example for you, if you care to actually engage. Here is Jimmy Hendrix playing Voodoo Chile...

Now listen to the kid that Hendrix inspired to become even better at it...

The difference between those two performances is STAGGERING. SRV doesnt fuck up a single note, his string bends are WAAAAAYYYY the fuck more accurate and he just generally plays cleaner all around. His technique is flawless and not only that, he is improvising the entire performance. He has never played any song the same way twice. He always improvises on the spot.

You have zero knowledge of guitar if you think that. You just liked some Clapton songs and you heard people claim he was awesome for decades. That isnt proof of his ability. Every generation is better than the last. This goes for all sports, and musical instruments, dancers, actors, etc. Every generation is better than the last because, they learn from the previous generation and then improve on it.

Here is a great example for you, if you care to actually engage. Here is Jimmy Hendrix playing Voodoo Chile...

Now listen to the kid that Hendrix inspired to become even better at it...

The difference between those two performances is STAGGERING. SRV doesnt fuck up a single note, his string bends are WAAAAAYYYY the fuck more accurate and he just generally plays cleaner all around. His technique is flawless and not only that, he is improvising the entire performance. He has never played any song the same way twice. He always improvises on the spot.

And he plays a lot of prescribed locks and substitutes volume (number of notes) for quality.

SRV reminds me of a technical pointilist or realist painter compared to an expressionist painter (Hendrix). The untrained eye would point at a work by the former(s) and claim it displays much more skill than that of the latter.

To an artist who understands the methods and the goals of each, such a sentiment is nonsensical.

Forum List

Back