Great financial advice.

Why do you think investing is the same as spending? ... I don't "spend" money buying IBM stock ... that's all money I get back hopefully ... I'm just moving capital around, not spending ...

Your kidding? ... who doesn't know more valuable work skills bring better wages? ... learn business management if you don't want to sweep floors the rest of your life ...

Yeah ... spend your money on medical insurance ... that's a good way to get ahead ... sure ...

=====

If wealth is what you want, then skip school ... you're better off entering the workforce at 14-years-old ... that gives you a ten year head start on your classmates, such that you'll be the hiring manager when they have to beg you for a job to pay off $100,000 is student loans ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Exchange gifts on Martin Luther King Jr. Day instead of Christmas ... take advantage of 50% off sales AND you'll look `woke` to the neighbors ...

Especially points 2 and 3.

One simple rule. Pay yourself first. No matter what you do. No matter how much money you make. Always set an amount aside before you pay anyone else...and then..don't touch it.
You'd be surprised at how quickly it adds up. I will say, the next major thing is your health. Always a good investment.

Why do you think investing is the same as spending? ... I don't "spend" money buying IBM stock ... that's all money I get back hopefully ... I'm just moving capital around, not spending ...
If you lose money it's...spent. :(

One simple rule. Pay yourself first. No matter what you do. No matter how much money you make. Always set an amount aside before you pay anyone else...and then..don't touch it.
You'd be surprised at how quickly it adds up. I will say, the next major thing is your health. Always a good investment.
True. You are the most important person that you know and should be treated by you as such.

The key to being wealthy is wanting less.

The less you want the richer you are.

Value is far more important than cost. if what you spend your money on does not add value to your life and relationships then all you are doing is wasting money

The key to being wealthy is wanting less.

The less you want the richer you are.

Value is far more important than cost. if what you spend your money on does not add value to your life and relationships then all you are doing is wasting money
One of the greatest impediments to growing wealth is the inexperience and short-sightedness of youth, which only time can cure. Sadly, agenda driven activists seize on this natural phenomenon to insist that unearned equity be granted these.

One of the greatest impediments to growing wealth is the inexperience and short-sightedness of youth, which only time can cure. Sadly, agenda driven activists seize on this natural phenomenon to insist that unearned equity be granted these.
People are slaves to their stuff.

This is a key. One of the great things about payroll allotments.

When I was 17, I read The Richest Man in Babylon and it changed my life

When I was 17, I read The Richest Man in Babylon and it changed my life
I can attest to the effectiveness of this advice as I have successfully followed each one. :)

With the financial world ready to implode , beware investment -- as distinct from Trading .
You can start to invest after markets have cratered but Trading opportunites short term will be massive .
They have been already . My gains this year have been off the scale but this will be peanuts , imo , compared to later when banks and everything you can imagine fall down the well .

Forum List

Back