Grayson's Son Answers Death Threat

Last edited:
Kids that age love phones and such and learn how to work em.

Did the kid hear his Daddy saying Republicans wanted people to die quickly because I hear kids like TV too

And that has what to do with the subject of this thread?

Ohh I understand it is an attempt to justify a death threat. But that failz miserably.

There is no justification for actually threatening the life of an elected representative in our govt.

Well unless he personally killed your child or raped your daughter or somesuch.
But not for having an affair with you wife as she would be an obvious participant.

There a few that I would not mind see die, but I will not cheer about their death nor threaten their life.

Grayson's Son Answers Death Threat Call - Politics News Story - WKMG Orlando
ORLANDO, FLA. A death threat phone call made to controversial U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Orlando, was answered by his 5-year-old son.

"It's appalling. I think any decent human being would understand this is not the way to behave," Grayson said during a phone interview with Local 6.

"My 5-year-old twins hit the speakerphone when the phone was ringing, and she said, among other things, 'If you vote for healthcare, I'll kill you,'" Grayson said, "and my 5-year-old went to my wife and said, 'Mommy, there's a lady on the phone who said she's going to kill me.'"

Grayson said his son was upset, but seems OK now. Details of the incident have been turned over to Capitol police.

Despicable.

It is despicable. And so is Grayson. Isn't he the one who stood on the floor of the house and said something to the effect that Republicans want people to die? Yes,, I think he id.

Is this Grayson the asshole who said that the Republican Plan is to "Die Now"?

Yes, and that 45,000 uninsured Americans die every year for no other reason than that they do not have insurance.

Does that matter? I don't think it does.

Immie

Not true. Here is how they came up with that figure:

A health survey is conducted between 1988 and 1994. A questionnaire is given to 9000 people. They are asked if they were insured and then asked to rate the state of their own health.
The Centers for Disease Control tracks the deaths of any of these 9000 people through the year 2000.
Along come two Doctors names Himmelstein and Woolhandler. These two are strong proponents of a single-payer government health insurance program. Himmelstein is the co-founder of a group called "Physicians for a National Health Program." Woolhandler is also a co-founder. The group is dedicated to "implementing a single-payer national health program.
Himmelstein and Woolhandler decide to take the data from the CDC study and use it to write a study for the American Journal of Public Health. That study was published last December.
When writing their article for the AJPH Himmelstein and Woolhandler decide that every single person in the study group that initially reported that they did not have health insurance did, in fact, die because they weren't insured.
No verification was ever made that the study who said they weren't insured were not, in fact, insured.
No attempt was made to discover whether or not these people actually got health insurance before they died.
No attempt was made to determine whether or not the deaths of these people could be attributed to a lack of treatment due to their uninsured status.
To make this simple ... Himmelstein and Woolhandler just assumed that if one of these people reported between 1988 and 1994 that they were uninsured, and if they then died by the end of 2000, the only reason they could have died was because they were uninsured.

FIGURES LIE AND LIARS FIGURE - Nealz Nuze on boortz.com

And still more on that figure.

Marginal Revolution: How many people die from lack of health insurance?

I know it looks impressive throwing those kind of numbers around but the fact is, when researched, it is simply not true.

Yes, and that 45,000 uninsured Americans die every year for no other reason than that they do not have insurance.

Immie

A health survey is conducted between 1988 and 1994. A questionnaire is given to 9000 people. They are asked if they were insured and then asked to rate the state of their own health.
The Centers for Disease Control tracks the deaths of any of these 9000 people through the year 2000.
Along come two Doctors names Himmelstein and Woolhandler. These two are strong proponents of a single-payer government health insurance program. Himmelstein is the co-founder of a group called "Physicians for a National Health Program." Woolhandler is also a co-founder. The group is dedicated to "implementing a single-payer national health program.
Himmelstein and Woolhandler decide to take the data from the CDC study and use it to write a study for the American Journal of Public Health. That study was published last December.
When writing their article for the AJPH Himmelstein and Woolhandler decide that every single person in the study group that initially reported that they did not have health insurance did, in fact, die because they weren't insured.
No verification was ever made that the study who said they weren't insured were not, in fact, insured.
No attempt was made to discover whether or not these people actually got health insurance before they died.
No attempt was made to determine whether or not the deaths of these people could be attributed to a lack of treatment due to their uninsured status.
To make this simple ... Himmelstein and Woolhandler just assumed that if one of these people reported between 1988 and 1994 that they were uninsured, and if they then died by the end of 2000, the only reason they could have died was because they were uninsured.

I know it looks impressive throwing those kind of numbers around but the fact is, when researched, it is simply not true.

Um, I think that is what I indicated. Maybe you didn't catch the tone of my post? I wasn't claiming 45,000 uninsured Americans die annually. I was stating that he made that claim.

I've read the report and it clearly goes off some poor facts such as that they interviewed the respondents once and if they stated that they did not have insurance (at that time) and they died at a later date after they had insurance they were counted among the uninsured.

Immie

Immie

Libs are such fucking pathological liars, I should have known the 45,000 die a year is total bullshit.

They've been lying about everything
everything

Everything to do with health care

I wonder how his little Johnny would have reacted if the caller played Grayson's "republicans want you to die quickly" speech

Grayson's son traumatized after holding a used tea bag.

Alan Grayson reported the following incident to the three major Lib news outlets: Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report "I saw my little Johnny holding a tea bag and I yelled at him, 'Hey you fucking retard, that's the symbol of Republicans who want to kill off all Americans, put it down!!'"

Immie

Um, I think that is what I indicated. Maybe you didn't catch the tone of my post? I wasn't claiming 45,000 uninsured Americans die annually. I was stating that he made that claim.

I've read the report and it clearly goes off some poor facts such as that they interviewed the respondents once and if they stated that they did not have insurance (at that time) and they died at a later date after they had insurance they were counted among the uninsured.

Immie

My mistake...thanks for the clarification!

Forum List

Back