Grand Funk

imho, Grand Funk was a crappy punk-ass band that didn't in any way nearly deserve the attention it got...

A lot of critics felt the same way. I personally got a lot of enjoyment from their music. Not in my top 20 bands, but not bad either.
yep.....the so called critics talked about them like Bayoubill does ....and yet their records sold big time and their Concerts sold out....one of the first real hard rock power trios....and im willing to bet they will never make the so called Hall of fame....

Keep in mind Grand Funk was ALL Mark Farner as far as talent. And of course, he got screwed by the lawyers and ex-bandmates and no longer can even use the name when he performs.

Yeah, it's a real shame what they did to Farner. The band now touring as Grand Funk Railroad is a sham, IMHO.

yea kinda like Creedance Clearwater Revisited.....no Fogerty....so basically its a coverband playing CCR tunes...and the same with GFR....coverband.....

imho, Grand Funk was a crappy punk-ass band that didn't in any way nearly deserve the attention it got...

A lot of critics felt the same way. I personally got a lot of enjoyment from their music. Not in my top 20 bands, but not bad either.

farner was a marginal guitar player but a great showman. these guys were perfect for the times. raw energy performance. regardless of what the critics said, the sold well and there music is still around today. you can't argue with that

Forum List

Back