Governors Only Need Apply

Not really, Virginia governors only serve one four-year term.

I would be nice for our Chief Executive to have executive experience running at least one out of 50 states.....DC and territories can fuck right off.

Blah, America wants a low-rent popularity contest and that's what they got.....You could not get any more low- rent than Biden.
It would be nice if they had some experience in government, but No. I would not support a constitutional amendment.

Would you support a constitutional amendment that required a presidential candidate to have at least four years service as a governor of one of the 50 states?

This would weed out a lot of hyperbole and mass hysteria. The debates could be based on accomplishments, failed policies, and successful policies. This would also be a win for fiscal conservatives since states don’t have unlimited access to debt like the federal government does. Most states even have a balanced budget amendment. These habits wouldn’t prevent runaway spending or deficit spending but would gives us an executive that has inclinations to make sound financial decisions that they were discipled in to practicing as a governor especially in those states with balanced budget requirements. Bill Clinton campaigned that he had a balanced budget every year he was governor of Arkansas. That was nothing to brag about because Arkansas law required a balanced budget. However Clinton will go down in history as the most fiscally conservative president since Calvin Coolidge. Say what you will but numbers don’t lie. I’d love for all future presidents to be former governors but the American people are suckers for shiny things like an one term charismatic young senator or a provocative businessman that never even served as a city councilman or even an enlisted service member in the military. I just wish presidential elections were as boring as Ben Stein giving a detailed 6 hour analysis of safety practices of blanket usage. That’s the America I envision .
Carter, Clinton, Bush 43 were all governors and none made great Presidents.

How about we look for someody with great vision, knowledge, instincts, skill set. . .

. . .who has the ability to identify problems and the courage to try and try again to find a solution for them. . .

. . .who isn't a professional politician first and public servant if and when he/she gets around to it. . .

. . .who prefers world peace to endless wars and who loves America and Americans and will not put them at a disadvantage.

It would be nice if they had some experience in government, but No. I would not support a constitutional amendment.
"Experience in government" only means they will be service boot lickers who will sell out their constituents.

"Experience in government" only means they will be service boot lickers who will sell out their constituents.
Well, I certainly was not happy with the populist Donny with no experience and the people he brought it, mostly not from government experienced background either.

Would you support a constitutional amendment that required a presidential candidate to have at least four years service as a governor of one of the 50 states?

This would weed out a lot of hyperbole and mass hysteria. The debates could be based on accomplishments, failed policies, and successful policies. This would also be a win for fiscal conservatives since states don’t have unlimited access to debt like the federal government does. Most states even have a balanced budget amendment. These habits wouldn’t prevent runaway spending or deficit spending but would gives us an executive that has inclinations to make sound financial decisions that they were discipled in to practicing as a governor especially in those states with balanced budget requirements. Bill Clinton campaigned that he had a balanced budget every year he was governor of Arkansas. That was nothing to brag about because Arkansas law required a balanced budget. However Clinton will go down in history as the most fiscally conservative president since Calvin Coolidge. Say what you will but numbers don’t lie. I’d love for all future presidents to be former governors but the American people are suckers for shiny things like an one term charismatic young senator or a provocative businessman that never even served as a city councilman or even an enlisted service member in the military. I just wish presidential elections were as boring as Ben Stein giving a detailed 6 hour analysis of safety practices of blanket usage. That’s the America I envision .
Good grief no!!

Have you seen some of the idiots the MAGAts elected?

1700436946071.png

I could think about this but there would need to be an additional provision:
  • 4 Years as a Governor, AND
  • No sitting Governor can run for Federal Office.
If you sign up with the people of the State you be their governor, you should complete your term and not campaign for Federal Office on their dime/time.

WW

So you are happy with Biden?
I can live with Biden easy enough if the other choice is trump. I think we should keep the constitution. Donny couldn't even keep his oath to the constitution and now trying to get a revenge tour. If Trump in the choice, I'll Go With Joe!

Anybody 35 years old or older with a birth certificate can run for president and win. I think we have enough people in our country today that we can increase the standards at least some.

Just need to change the way they're elected

Carter, Clinton, Bush 43 were all governors and none made great Presidents.

How about we look for someody with great vision, knowledge, instincts, skill set. . .

. . .who has the ability to identify problems and the courage to try and try again to find a solution for them. . .

. . .who isn't a professional politician first and public servant if and when he/she gets around to it. . .

. . .who prefers world peace to endless wars and who loves America and Americans and will not put them at a disadvantage.
The "powers that be" would never allow such a person to win.

No.

Forum List

Back