Governor Youngkin Cancels Governor Northam’s Plastic Reduction Plan via Executive Order...puts plastic polluters profits at the expense of environment

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
This executive order repeals Governor Northam’s Executive Order - which removed the restriction on single-use plastic at state agencies, colleges, and universities.

FPwRJbDXMAUxNja

Some places outlawed paper sacks in an effort to save trees

but plastic is a problem in the oceans

why not biodegradable plastic instead?

This executive order repeals Governor Northam’s Executive Order - which removed the restriction on single-use plastic at state agencies, colleges, and universities.

FPwRJbDXMAUxNja

Northam's order only applied to going after black plastics.

1649348859327.png

FPwRJbDXMAUxNja

Executive Order #17 cancels a planned phase-out on single-use plastics from public agencies and institutions.

How much was that going to cost?
What was going to be the benefit?

Good.

There is no satisfying the green weenies.

My town was doing a good job at selling black trash bags, decent quality at a affordable price, and they made a couple bucks a box on them as part of a state grant to help with bagging instead of putting loose trash in the herby-curbys they started using. Everyone was tickled with it.

Then Timid Kane was elected and they issued a edict from Richmond that to get the grant they had to buy clear bags so they could see what was in them. WTF....Dead hookers maybe?

The town was stuck with what was shipped to them because people just bought the black bags at the store instead.....It took the town years to finally get shed of all those clear bags. I tried a box and they were not half the bag (mil thickness-wise) as the black ones.

I'd like to know who is throwing trash on the sides of highways. People who have no consideration of others' property and are bad citizens. I know who left the mess on Obama inauguration day, in seattle and portland and chicago in the summer of love, homeless camps, I'd like to know why these cities, counties, towns, states cannot clean up this mess. they have the money. OUR MONEY. They have the prison population. They have litter offenders, traffic violators, and more. And the damaged and down trees. It's a freakin' mess.

Executive Order #17 cancels a planned phase-out on single-use plastics from public agencies and institutions.

How much was that going to cost?
What was going to be the benefit?
What are they going to replace it with?

The voters of our city voters passed a 10 cent per bag "tax" on plastic bags at the any store in the city limits.
That was about a year ago. One of the local grocery stores got multi-use bags with their logo on it and charged the 10 cents for them. People now use them in every store they go into, no matter what store you see the logo for the other store. Amazing advertising.

And a shit ton less plastic going into the land fill.

Silicone Drinking Straws. 5 bucks for 6 of them. They have lasted over a year now.

Normal drinking straws were 2 bucks for 100.

Both my wife and son like to use straws when they drink out of glasses.

We were going through about 10 a week 5 to 6 packs a year. That was costing us 10 to 12 bucks.

FPwRJbDXMAUxNja
well my goodness Virginia colleges using plastic bags is just going to destroy the environment

well my goodness Virginia colleges using plastic bags is just going to destroy the environment

it is not going to help it. Seems we should all agree that less trash in our landfills is a good thing.

But I guess not

Forum List

Back