Governor of Jerusalem's Seal Impression From First Temple Era Found Near Western Wall

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A fantastically preserved seal impression made by the biblical Governor of Jerusalem during the First Temple era has been found by archaeologists where it fell 2,700 years ago.
Many dozens of seal impressions and seals themselves have been found in ancient Jerusalem, including in this area by the Temple Mount. Also, several seal impressions of the Jerusalem governor ("sar ha'ir"), who was the highest-ranking officer in the city, have been making the rounds in the black market, Dr. Shlomit Weksler-Bdolah told Haaretz.
But this lump of baked clay, all of 1.3 by 1.5 centimeters in size and just over two millimeters thick, is unique in being of unquestionable provenance.
read more: Governor of Jerusalem's seal impression from First Temple era found near Western Wall

That is pretty awesome.

Cue someone coming along and claiming it's a fake in three....two....one...

A fantastically preserved seal impression made by the biblical Governor of Jerusalem during the First Temple era has been found by archaeologists where it fell 2,700 years ago.
Many dozens of seal impressions and seals themselves have been found in ancient Jerusalem, including in this area by the Temple Mount. Also, several seal impressions of the Jerusalem governor ("sar ha'ir"), who was the highest-ranking officer in the city, have been making the rounds in the black market, Dr. Shlomit Weksler-Bdolah told Haaretz.
But this lump of baked clay, all of 1.3 by 1.5 centimeters in size and just over two millimeters thick, is unique in being of unquestionable provenance.
read more: Governor of Jerusalem's seal impression from First Temple era found near Western Wall

That is pretty awesome.
I saw this earlier today. Sorta knocks Pali claim about who was first.

That is pretty awesome.

Leave it to a Roman road.

But, how could this be?!! A brave and heroic people called Palestinian" have lived there since before time began, and it is time we all support their singular purpose in life, which is to kill off all the European invaders and reclaim the land that is rightfully theirs. Palestinian history is remarkably well documented, and with great historical leaders like......... ummmm, or maybe..... ummm.

Well, anyway, these brave and wonderful Palestinians have a rich history that dates all the way back to.......ummmm, well, ummmmm, o.k.

What I was really meaning to say is that the poor, oppressed Palestinians have developed a thriving culture that benefits the entire world greatly by their leadership in the fields of..... ummmmm, well, and........ummmm???.

Well, anyway, fuck the Jews. Go Team Palestine!!

But, how could this be?!! A brave and heroic people called Palestinian" have lived there since before time began, and it is time we all support their singular purpose in life, which is to kill off all the European invaders and reclaim the land that is rightfully theirs. Palestinian history is remarkably well documented, and with great historical leaders like......... ummmm, or maybe..... ummm.

Well, anyway, these brave and wonderful Palestinians have a rich history that dates all the way back to.......ummmm, well, ummmmm, o.k.

What I was really meaning to say is that the poor, oppressed Palestinians have developed a thriving culture that benefits the entire world greatly by their leadership in the fields of..... ummmmm, well, and........ummmm???.

th

That is pretty awesome.

You mean the “ Western Wall” that Palestinians deny Israel has any religious ties to? Lol Ask any Pro Pal what “ agreements” the Palestinians even tried to make with Israel acknowledging their sacred places of Worship and there will be no response.

th

That's the right attitude!!

I mean ANYBODY should be able to see that rooting for team palestine is the trendy thing to do.

I want to reward you for dedication. Just send me your address and a very stylish fashion keffiyeh will be yours to treasure forever.

That is pretty awesome.

No it doesn't, as we all know the Pals use to be and still are some who are jews.

That is pretty awesome.

No it doesn't, as we all know the Pals use to be and still are some who are jews.
Or maybe Mohammed lost that seal when he rode in on his unicorn.

One quastion....vas dis before or after Jerusalem was the cabitol of the bery beasful Belestinian beoble?

That is pretty awesome.

Or maybe Mohammed lost that seal when he rode in on his unicorn.
It was a hybrid electric one eyed flying trans-donkey.

Fuck yourself. Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people. Kick every Palestinian out!

Fuck yourself. Jerusalem belongs to the Jewish people. Kick every Palestinian out!

I will just chuckle to myself and let somebody else ex;plain it to you.

Hey, he was being sarcastic. Don't get wound up.

I will just chuckle to myself and let somebody else ex;plain it to you.

Sorry! I apologize. Thought you were kidding till I read that last sentence .

A great archaeological find!

Keep digging and you may find dinosaur foot prints

Forum List

Back