Governor McDonnel and wife found guilty on multiple counts

I just saw an interview McDonnell did with Pat Roberts, whose Christian University he attended. McDonnell couldn't say enough about his Christian values and those that the country was founded on. Of course this was before he was accused and convicted of all sorts of UnChristian things.
Then when accused he left his wife and blamed it all on her.

That basically doesn't matter to the core issue.

And that's campaign financing.

I just saw an interview McDonnell did with Pat Roberts, whose Christian University he attended. McDonnell couldn't say enough about his Christian values and those that the country was founded on. Of course this was before he was accused and convicted of all sorts of UnChristian things.

It leaves McDonnell looking like the incredible hypocrite he is. All that talk of family values, down the drain.

It leaves McDonnell looking like the incredible hypocrite he is. All that talk of family values, down the drain.
I don't care what he "looks" like. I care about the root cause of this.

The laws are contradictory and confusing. And the way the "game" is played doesn't promote good behavior.

This boils down really to campaign reform and just how bad Citizen's United really was.

That's what happens to all these "family values" hypocrites.

The way I see it is - we're all human and we all make mistakes. But these family values jackasses all set themselves up to be mini-gods. I saw the same interview that Political Junky mentioned. It was sickening because it was one lying hypocrite bible thumper talking to another lying hypocrite bible thumper.

This is exactly why I don't trust people who rush to tell you what good christians they are. When you run across one of them, watch your wallet.

That's what happens to all these "family values" hypocrites.

The way I see it is - we're all human and we all make mistakes. But these family values jackasses all set themselves up to be mini-gods. I saw the same interview that Political Junky mentioned. It was sickening because it was one lying hypocrite bible thumper talking to another lying hypocrite bible thumper.

This is exactly why I don't trust people who rush to tell you what good christians they are. When you run across one of them, watch your wallet.

Your boy king set himself up to be a god with his speech on the moment the waters began to recede and the planet healed.. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.. Where's your outrage with that assclown and REZKO.. Fucking HYPOCRITES

Blog Did Senator Obama dodge taxes on a 400 000 gift from Tony Rezko

Did anyone find out what he supposedly did for that businessman?....Or simply another Democratic hanging of a Republican?

Joke, right?

Well tell me luddite, what did he do for the businessman? I mean this seems to be NO BIG DEAL when we have these Democrat governors serving time.....

IllinoisGovernors.jpg

I see GumSlinger is trying to derail the thread with her Obama obsession.

No I'm not.. he's guilty, he needs to pay- McDonnell.. done.. Unlike you ass licking leftists, I don't choose sides in corruption.. Let them be accountable.. NOW WHAT boy?

What amazes me in stories like this is the fine line between legal lobbying, and illegally accepting gifts for political favors. Either both should be legal, or both should be illegal.

I agree. They can all be just as sleazy, but some will get away with basically the same thing because lobbyists (who give gifts for political favors) are legal.

At least they got caught and it will cost them dearly.

I see GumSlinger is trying to derail the thread with her Obama obsession.

No I'm not.. he's guilty, he needs to pay- McDonnell.. done.. Unlike you ass licking leftists, I don't choose sides in corruption.. Let them be accountable.. NOW WHAT boy?

Guilty?

Dang. I missed that entire trial and verdict.

Oh wait. I forgot that lgs and other knee jerkers don't believe our in our constitution.

If you want to write lies about Obama, start a new thread.

Did anyone find out what he supposedly did for that businessman?....Or simply another Democratic hanging of a Republican?

Joke, right?

Well tell me luddite, what did he do for the businessman? I mean this seems to be NO BIG DEAL when we have these Democrat governors serving time.....

IllinoisGovernors.jpg

Tell me the exact names of of Dem governors who are serving time.

And EXACTLY what does that have to do with slimy family values good christian vaginal probe asshole McDonnel?

IOW, stay on topic.

Joke, right?

IllinoisGovernors.jpg

And EXACTLY what does that have to do with slimy family values good christian vaginal probe asshole McDonnel?

IOW, stay on topic.

Well Mutley, their names are in PLAIN SIGHT in that little poster, you can look each one up and report back to us what each Democratic Governor of Illinois was convicted of, if that blows your skirt up, and ALL of them were good upstanding liberal Christians! As an agnostic, I couldn't care what religion they were, well maybe if they were terrorist muslims, I'd care!

McDonnel and his wife should not see jail time. These laws are pretty confusing and all over the place.

If he were in office? He should be removed. Now? He probably should be hit with fines.

Nothing here rises to a sentence of 30 years. That's ridiculous.

Sadly, at some point, fines are not much of a deterrent. There are just too many people in positions of power who, when push comes to shove, are willing to take the chance at taking bribes and betraying the public interest if paying fines is the worst that can or will happen to them. Unfortunately, losing their freedom is the kind of warning shot across the bow of all politicians' bows that will get their attention and make them think twice before agreeing to sell their office for profit.

Politics pretty much almost requires that you do this stuff.

It's ridiculous. You MUST get donors if you are not independently wealthy.

There were no state laws against what McDonnel did..however there were some Federal Laws.

Either way? When you have a situation where your position requires that you gladhand and smooze, either remove that requirement or amend election financing laws such that politicians don't need to be in fund raiser mode all the time.

The gift of a Rolex watch wasn't meant to fund McDonnell's campaign.

JacksonSentenced.jpg

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. sentenced to 30 months in prison Fox News

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. sentenced to 30 months in prison

those politicians do have an affinity for Rolex, Jacksons "gift" was wort $40,000.00 ...

Joke, right?

IllinoisGovernors.jpg

IOW, stay on topic.

Well Mutley, their names are in PLAIN SIGHT in that little poster, you can look each one up and report back to us what each Democratic Governor of Illinois was convicted of, if that blows your skirt up, and ALL of them were good upstanding liberal Christians! As an agnostic, I couldn't care what religion they were, well maybe if they were terrorist muslims, I'd care!

I am on topic showing that a BUNCH of Democratic governors are convicted felons also, AFTER APPEAL!

Believe it or not, I'm gonna defend them just a little tiny bit. Yes, he's a crook but in all fairness, our system demands that the newly elected be able to dress like royalty. Where is the money supposed to come from?

Granted that some scam the system - like LyinRyan but if they don't have a sugar daddy, they have to foot the bill for multi-gazillion dollar clothes and parties.

Having said that, the slime bucket threw his wife under the bus while he was lying, cheating and stealing. Good verdict.

My concern now is about Anatabloc.

More reason to require politicians to wear uniforms like some schools or military. Included on the uniform, patches of the business interests that support them, somewhat like nascar drivers.

Forum List

Back