Government employees

that all depends on what your job is,,,and in this case it doesnt effect his job as a cop,,,

and with all the rabid feminist out there a man is better off if he doesnt put himself in a position like this

He refused to do his job, so clearly it effected his job.

This stupid, non biblical rule, would also keep him from ever having a female partner, which effects his job as a cop.

when we get rid of all the muslim prayer rooms I will be OK with it,,,

it seems like its only christians that have to give in

Does a Muslim prayer room stop someone from doing their job?

This cop refused to do his job because of this view.

when they have to go there 5 times a day and get paid for it yes it does,,,
They don’t go five times during a work day

While you are outside grabbing a smoke, they are spending five minutes in prayer

Mike Pence is Vice President and he follows the Billy Graham rule
You are going to find that test real important as Islamic men and women make up more and more of government jobs. Only unlike those no good Christians, they don't blink.
Depends on the requirements of the job
If they refuse to interact with women, it affects the job

that all depends on what your job is,,,and in this case it doesnt effect his job as a cop,,,

and with all the rabid feminist out there a man is better off if he doesnt put himself in a position like this

This stupid, non biblical rule, would also keep him from ever having a female partner, which effects his job as a cop.

While you are outside grabbing a smoke, they are spending five minutes in prayer

I dont smoke,,,

and what about having a room dedicated for them???

now they are getting resources as well as time off,,,

He refused to do his job, what more do you need to know?

Did he? As a senior member of my roster I can turn down REQUESTS to train new employees. I cannot be forced to train new employees. If I choose to do so there are financial incentives. If not, then I lose those incentives.

I assume this is a Union police job, and until we know what the Union contract says, we have no idea whether he broke any rule by refusing to train her.

I dont smoke,,,

That is a decision of a private employer
Some have rooms set aside for nursing mothers, some set aside recreational areas

I dont smoke,,,

Some have rooms set aside for nursing mothers, some set aside recreational areas

did you know the US capital has a prayer room for muzzies???

is that any different than smokers going out to smoke that many times a day
were i worked they had 2 ten minute breaks like everyone else....

Sorry Officer Manuel Torres, but you are 100% wrong. While nobody fully supports a private citizen on private property denying anyone service for any reason more than I do, when you take a position working for the government, you surrender your beliefs and constitutional rights while on the job.

A government employee cannot deny someone for any reason. All citizens are fully entitled to equal access and equal services from the government. Without exception.

North Carolina police officer suing after he says he was fired for following the 'Billy Graham Rule'
Hope he wins his case. The whole #me too bullshit movement has caused problems in the workplace over fear of false accusations.

I dont smoke,,,

As well as a prayer room for Christians and a Christian Chaplin and a Christian Chapel.

I dont smoke,,,

As well as a prayer room for Christians and a Christian Chaplin and a Christian Chapel.

well there ya have it,,,

like I said with all the rabid feminist running around hes better off to not take the chance,,,

Sorry Officer Manuel Torres, but you are 100% wrong. While nobody fully supports a private citizen on private property denying anyone service for any reason more than I do, when you take a position working for the government, you surrender your beliefs and constitutional rights while on the job.

A government employee cannot deny someone for any reason. All citizens are fully entitled to equal access and equal services from the government. Without exception.

North Carolina police officer suing after he says he was fired for following the 'Billy Graham Rule'

Well, you are wrong. PD's make allowance for hajibs and such. One does NOT surrender any constitutional rights just because they become cops. That's just stupid. That said, reasonable accommodation could have been made. On the other hand, the female officer is entitled to that training and he should have trained her. The Billy Gram rule is stupid and nothing but a vanity play, or one does it because they doubt their ability to behave, or give to much of a shit what other folks think.

so government employees dont get due process or all the other rights??? I dont think so,,,
Apparently you don’t think at all. Due process exists exclusively in your private life. :eusa_doh:

Would you like to try again or would you like to acknowledge that a government employee surrenders all rights while on the job?

Well, you are wrong. PD's make allowance for hajibs and such.
Well that is an astoundingly stupid comment. Wearing a hijab doesn’t affect a citizen. It doesn’t prevent them from receiving a right or service.

Would you like to try again? Maybe with an example that would actually apply to the situation?

One does NOT surrender any constitutional rights just because they become cops. That's just stupid.
Not nearly as stupid as your comments. A government employee cannot deny someone service based on their religious views. You surrender all constitutional rights while on the job. Period. End of story.

Hell, that’s even the case in the private sector dumb ass. Your employer can prevent you from freedom of speech and practicing religion while your employed by them and on the clock. I had a co-worker reprimanded once for putting “have a blessed day” in her email signature because the company had a strict policy against religious symbols and comments to avoid conflict.

like I said with all the rabid feminist running around hes better off to not take the chance,,,
So by that “logic” he’s “better off” not arresting a woman stabbing her boyfriend to death. I mean, after all, she could be a “rabid feminist” who will make accusations against him.

Sorry chief...when you take a government job...you lose the luxury of hiding behind religious views. It really is that simple.

sorry but nothing can over ride our rights,,,
In your private life...you are 100% correct. But in your capacity as a government employee, you surrender those rights while on the job.
so government employees dont get due process or all the other rights???

I dont think so,,,

I do not think anyone is saying that, we are saying we do not think his grievance is legit.

I would take it a step further, public or private, if your religion keeps you from doing your job, you need to find a new job. It is not the employers responsibility to change things to accommodate your religious views.
People give up a lot of things to practice religion. You are supposed to make the sacrifice...not force it on others
That is why you are foaming at the mouth in love looking at the little kids getting trans gendered operations and/or wearing dresses if they are males. No forcing there. No sacrifice for you. I keep warning you. In history this does not go on for to long.

Forum List

Back