Gov. Kristi Noem Got a Flamethrower for Christmas

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Some women want jewelry, a purse or maybe a new sweater for Christmas. Meanwhile, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) asked for something a little more difficult to find: a flamethrower.

In 2020, Gov. Noem first posted using one and joked that she wanted to add it to her Christmas list.
Ep0Oo9SXUAEq9T4

She loved it so much that her own staff pooled their resources to buy the governor one of her own this year.

South Dakota, where the men are men and so are the women. (Running joke in SD and NE)

Flamethrower? That's a torch.

When I was like 14 or 15 I said I wanted a flame thrower after watching missing in action with my uncle. So he said "let's build one". His girlfriend took a pic when I did my first live fire with it.

This is a flamethrower.

Flamethrower? That's a torch.

When I was like 14 or 15 I said I wanted a flame thrower after watching missing in action with my uncle. So he said "let's build one". His girlfriend took a pic when I did my first live fire with it.

This is a flamethrower.

Do you still have the prototype?

Do you still have the prototype?

There was no prototype. What I was firing in that picture was the first and only one we built.

We got paper and pen out and he was making a list of what we needed to buy like a back packing frame to hold the tanks, ball valves, hosing, gauges and everything and next few weeks he bought everything and we built it. He taught me about pressures, mix valves and such as we built. He was a really smart man. And he would teach me anything I wanted, hell he bought me a 67 Ford falcon for 100 bucks when I was 11 and we spent 2 years working on it and I was driving it when I was 13.

But yes I still have it. I haven't had it filled in a long long time. But I clean it and oil, check the seals, exercise the valves on it and such every year.

Forum List

Back