Gotta love mindless bureaucrats

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
And one size fits all policies.

One good thing about it, these kids learned it is better to let someone get shot than stop a murder. That should help them if they ever decide to become police.

A 16-year-old Cypress Lake High School student, who wrestled a loaded revolver away from a teen threatening to shoot, is being punished. The student grappled the gun away from the 15-year-old suspect on the bus ride home Tuesday after witnesses say he aimed the weapon point blank at another student and threatened to shoot him.
The student, who Fox 4 has agreed not to identify and distort his voice because he fears for his safety, says there's "no doubt" he saved a life by disarming the gunman. And for that he was suspended for three days.
"I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there," the student said. "Not taking no pity."

Cypress HS student suspended for disarming gunman? - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

I'm sure he'll be rewarded in the end. I sure as hell bet the school is being blasted by all kinds of phone calls and e-mails. I wonder if there are any petitions floating around.

And this is definitely another big downside of the bureaucratic monster we all live in.

The student was right, the administration was wrong, and let's see how this will play out.

The student was right, the administration was wrong, and let's see how this will play out.

You have no background on this, nor do you have any information at all regarding the circumstances that led to the event. The school has information. It might be a good idea to let those that are informed make the decisions, ya think?

You have no background on this, nor do you have any information at all regarding the circumstances that led to the event. The school has information. It might be a good idea to let those that are informed make the decisions, ya think?

I think you have no idea of what you are discussing. Typical of a mason, doncha think? See that comment was every bit as stupid as yours. If a kid pulls a gun and threatens someone with it, he was lucky the gun was not taken from him and used to shoot him in the head.

Use your head, for pete's sake.

I think you have no idea of what you are discussing. Typical of a mason, doncha think? See that comment was every bit as stupid as yours. If a kid pulls a gun and threatens someone with it, he was lucky the gun was not taken from him and used to shoot him in the head.

Again, you're talking out of your ass. You have no background. The suspension of one student does not infer that another student was not disciplined. The one wielding the gun was most certainly taken into custody. Was there a "history" of problems among the participants? We don't know this. I'm sure the school has much, much more information we know nothing about.

Again, you're talking out of your ass. You have no background. The suspension of one student does not infer that another student was not disciplined. The one wielding the gun was most certainly taken into custody. Was there a "history" of problems among the participants? We don't know this. I'm sure the school has much, much more information we know nothing about.

We have had a situation described to us, and each of us have the right to make an opinion on that situation. The kid had no excuse or reason for defenders once he pulled again. Unless it was in self defense in terms of his life being at risk, the kid is wrong.

You are a moron to make such statements, an absolute moron.

JakeStarkey said:

We have had a situation described to us, and each of us have the right to make an opinion on that situation. The kid had no excuse or reason for defenders once he pulled again. Unless it was in self defense in terms of his life being at risk, the kid is wrong.

Do you actually believe the event occurred without provocation? I can guarantee you that there were background events leading to this. It may be true that the "hero" was genuinely a hero, but the school is correct in their approach. They should make no assumptions until the investigation is completed.

Yup, the kid was wrong. That does not necessarily make everyone else "right."

The news article (or what passes as such these days) actually provides no information that would lead a normal person to presume judgment. In most case, modern "news" items are merely discussion-provoking forms of entertainment. They have little actual value.

Obama is probably upset. No dead children for him and Biden to dance on as they make their way to the podium with fake tears of grief.

JakeStarkey said:

Do you actually believe the event occurred without provocation? I can guarantee you that there were background events leading to this. It may be true that the "hero" was genuinely a hero, but the school is correct in their approach. They should make no assumptions until the investigation is completed.

Yup, the kid was wrong. That does not necessarily make everyone else "right."

The news article (or what passes as such these days) actually provides no information that would lead a normal person to presume judgment. In most case, modern "news" items are merely discussion-provoking forms of entertainment. They have little actual value.

That is part of what I said. The school overreacted, without a doubt. Do the investigation, then do the suspension. I was a school board member and president for years. I know of what I am talking. What a buncha yahoos.

Forum List

Back