Got our Taxes done this Evening...

Uh...a lot of people did plan their taxes - but the Obama administration changed the withholding formulas to take out more money partway through last year. Yes, people could then change their W-4s - but the change intimidated many into thinking that they actually owed more taxes.

Uh...a lot of people did plan their taxes - but the Obama administration changed the withholding formulas to take out more money partway through last year. Yes, people could then change their W-4s - but the change intimidated many into thinking that they actually owed more taxes.

if you're getting a refund of more than $100, you didn't plan your taxes very well.

That is my point. Why let the morons in Washington use your money for free?

Shit, if I asked you to give me 14K or whatever and let me give it back to you in a year with no interest paid, you' tell me to piss off. or you would if you had any sense.

I personally am not - will probably have to pay a bit due to cap gains and stock option income. I made quarterly payments; but what with re-financing the house to get the 4.75% mortgage, to figure it all out would have required doing the detailed taxes to nail the #. No thank you.

It's not quite that easy to perfectly estimate taxes when one does the long form - and has variable income and some extraordinary events mid-year.

There is also the factor of How Much Frelling Time does one want to spend on taxes? It's a trade-off: recalculate every month; or just live with a bit of imprecision and clean it up by April 15th. Taxes should not have to be a lifestyle.

actually, midstream last year, we got a tax break, and paid LESS in taxes via with holding.....something very small, like $20 bucks a month less for us! came from the stimulus bill, i think?

I personally am not - will probably have to pay a bit due to cap gains and stock option income. I made quarterly payments; but what with re-financing the house to get the 4.75% mortgage, to figure it all out would have required doing the detailed taxes to nail the #. No thank you.

It's not quite that easy to perfectly estimate taxes when one does the long form - and has variable income and some extraordinary events mid-year.

There is also the factor of How Much Frelling Time does one want to spend on taxes? It's a trade-off: recalculate every month; or just live with a bit of imprecision and clean it up by April 15th. Taxes should not have to be a lifestyle.

I cannot be so cavalier regarding my finances.

No one gets a dime more out of me than is absolutely necessary and that goes double for the fucking government.

people in maine that overpaid their State income taxes may not get their refund until JUNE!

THE STATE is BROKE!

actually, midstream last year, we got a tax break, and paid LESS in taxes via with holding.....something very small, like $20 bucks a month less for us! came from the stimulus bill, i think?
That gets paid back when you do your taxes, because the tables weren't changed, therefore NO tax cut.

It was a deferment. Not a cut.

That gets paid back when you do your taxes, because the tables weren't changed, therefore NO tax cut.

true....but because of some other credit I did not expect, I still get some money back....at least from my preliminary run through on turbo tax.... :D

true...
No doubt then, since you realize this -- you'll call BULLSHIT each and every time Obama, his staff, and his acolytes and idiotic minion parrots out there claim that "Obama cut taxes for 95% of people" when clearly, demonstrably, he did no such thing. It's a fucking LIE, if you'll pardon the profanity.

but because of some other credit I did not expect, I still get some money back....at least from my preliminary run through on turbo tax....
I got money back as well, because my actual income is well below the poverty level. In fact I got back everything I paid in, and a few thousand more because I am so poor.:D

Cuz ya see, they tax income, not wealth per se. Yeah, I had my property taxes, and vehicle registration taxes, but NO tax on monies earned long ago that I still have!

No one gets a dime more out of me than is absolutely necessary and that goes double for the fucking government.

Freedom - it's a wonderful thing.

I can respect your effort - but have chosen to damage only amount of certain brain cells in the quest for precision on my estimates.

Last edited:

I can respect your effort - but have chosen to damage only a certain brain cells in the quest for precision on my estimates.

hahahahahahahahahahaha! I know what you mean! :eek: Life is just too short!

I gotta spread some rep before you can get it again....sorry!

I can respect your effort - but have chosen to damage only a certain brain cells in the quest for precision on my estimates.

hahahahahahahahahahaha! I know what you mean! :eek: Life is just too short!

I gotta spread some rep before you can get it again....sorry!

Life is even shorter when you run out of money.

And what makes you think it takes all kinds of time to properly manage one's money?

And what makes you think it takes all kinds of time to properly manage one's money?

Scuze me - I'm not criticizing how you handle your finances. We are not all the same. I have a very complicated return for 2009 - and have chosen an approach with which my husband and I are both comfortable.

You don't know the specifics of my situation. I'm not questioning how you handle your money - and ask equal consideration in return.

Scuze me - I'm not criticizing how you handle your finances. We are not all the same. I have a very complicated return for 2009 - and have chosen an approach with which my husband and I are both comfortable.

You don't know the specifics of my situation. I'm not questioning how you handle your money - and ask equal consideration in return.

How does the question

I asked somehow equal me being inconsiderate?

It's just a question.

Now if I said i think you're an idiot for letting the fucking government use your money as an interest free loan, you might have a point.

How long until the government has the 14K back?
2 months?
You need to shop around for a better CPA.

I don't have a CPA... ;)

I Deliberately Claim ZERO and I have Dependents and Write-offs like about 20K a year in Daycare...

It's a No Interest Savings Account, and it's what my Wife and I do...

We now have 14K that would likely have been Spent throughout the Year.

:)

peace...

One of my Brothers tried to Guess what to Hold and put into Savings one year...

HUGE Pain in the Ass and he Ended up Making about $40...

He also "Borrowed" from the Account...

I would do the same...

Having a Family and a Home and things will Cause Needs for Money that if it's there, you will Rationalize it's Use...

If it's Not, you will Work around it.

It Works for us.

:)

peace...

Congress, not the executive, writes the tax code.
Quit listening to Rush. He lies.

Forum List

Back